The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2012 entrée: Shawn Farquhar » » Thanks Shawn! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4815 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
With just a few hours left as our special guest I wanted to thank you again Shawn for taking the time to share with our Café community this past week - yooz da best! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
739 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Steve,

It is me who should be thanking you.

This has truly been an experience I had under estimated. I thought it would be a few questions about the methods of this or that and maybe one or two thought provoking ones thrown in for good measure. On the contrary I have been taken on a trip down memory lane, asked to explain my thinking on a variety of subjects, discussed controversial subjects, shared stories, helped a few with technical questions, plugged a few of my favourite magic events, relived moments from my fire, explained how my daughter was a tax write off, had a contest, talked about hockey, delved into creativity, and made lists of favourite books, DVD's, magicians and tricks.

Above all that I have to say I learned stuff too. First I learned from the others who participated this week and secondly I learned from myself...
I learned I still have a lot to learn and that the Magic Café can be an excellent resource in that regard.

I'd like to thank everyone who posted a question or added a comment to an existing post. I'd also like to thank those that just dropped in to read,or lurk as you guys seem to say.
It's been an incredibly long week and I had to do some real thinking before replying to many of the posts but I wanted to answer them all in the most honest and helpful way.
Tomorrow I am off to spend a week teaching magic to kids at the Sorcerer's Safari magic camp. This year Soma is the Special Guest and I expect it will be lots of fun. I'd even venture to say the best year ever. A week with very limited internet access is needed!

Thanks again for the opportunity. I am humbled to see the list of special guest that came before me.
A special shout out to Tony Chris for telling me this would be something I should do, I'm so glad I listened to him..

Sincerely,

Shawn Farquhar
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2012 entrée: Shawn Farquhar » » Thanks Shawn! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL