The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don't try this at home!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Well there's the avatar of my latest DIY haircut - if you can call it that. I was impressed with a friend's haircut when I found out he did it himself. Off I went to Wal-Mart and bought my own Conair brand clippy thing.
With a evil laugh (thinking of the fortune I'd save in future haircuts) I proceeded to cut my own hair.
Suddenly it's a little too short on the left side and I have to match it on the right. Then a little too short on the right side and have to match it on the left. Blah! I decide to step away from the project and did some yard work.

Once I picked up where I left off, I decided to work on the top. The bald spot created with that awful sounding "brrrrrrrr!" reminded me that I forgot to attach one of those clippy thingies.

Now with two uneven sides and a bald spot on top of my head I was upset with myself. Thinking how could I be so foolish to think I could do all of this alone and expect a professional looking haircut! Ugh...... Smile

I thought about calling my neighbor to help even it out. However, she's a REAL mess when it comes to laughing aloud in hysterics over someone's misfortune. I could already hear her cacklin' away at me, putting hand on my shoulder, and breathlessly saying "No honey...I'm not laughing at you....it's just that...." *cackle* *cackle* *cackle*

Ugh....what to do!

I had never looked so ridiculous! Smile
I began getting very anxious to fix the problem. I was wishing I hadn't tried.

Well I took the #3 and #4 clippie thingie and just shaved it off. Again

So don't try this at home unless you want a new Avatar and new face to show the world. I like it though. I'm sticking with the 3 and 4 gauge clipie thing. Not bad.....Not bad! Smile
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Yes, that's how it all started for me too. Next thing you know you'll be lathering up your head every morning. The time I've saved by not having to shampoo has been doubled with time spent shaving. You just can't win.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Hey that's another great idea! No shampoo or haircut costs! Wooohoo! Smile
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Or you could choose the other route like I have and just get a haircut once or twice a year.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Randy... you're a mess ! Smile
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever even THINK of doing something like that! You guys have it so much easier than we do!

Anabelle Smile
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
I did that to my husband's cats once.

Randy--maybe you can do some magic and make your hair reappear! (sorry I had to)

Next time you need a buzz--I'll do it for free! You just need to pay a plane ticket to syracuse!

Good Luck in the bonus round.

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Glen, funny you called me a mess as I've heard that label frequently since sporting the "new look". Hehehehe.

Ellen, my card pivot, single production, split fans, and overall card manipulation is MUCH MUCH better than the shaky awkward handeling of that clipper.

All of you keep in mind to tip your barber/hairdressers well! That's an order.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Yeah, it's been a hush hush sort of conspiracy. We all agreed on the term "mess" for ya'.
Smile
But thanks for the tip about self serve haircuts!
Definitely not going to try that.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
boblinds
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
111 Posts

Profile of boblinds
Quote:
maybe you can do some magic and make your hair reappear!

Dam*. Now THAT'S an effect that I'd buy!!
BonzoTheClown
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of BonzoTheClown
"Flowbee boy" they'll all chant in the playground that is Dallas.

I do my hair myself. Just requires you to remember the plastic guide and setting the right taper setting (lever on the side). If you keep your hair fairly short or you are balding then it really does pay for itself.

The house mates constantly complain about find multicoloured clippings all over the place though

Marc Climens
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I tried to cut my own hair once. One look at my avatar will show you the fruits of my labor. Smile
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Do what I do. I never get it cut. I just let it fall out naturally. Smile
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Randy...tsk tsk...pss next time use a bowl silly!! Smile

Well no matter...from the look on the Avatar it doesn't look all that bad to me. You could consider shaving it all off perhaps and just have facial hair. Like a very cool looking goatee?

I'm glad you are able to laugh about the experience however...the look is only temporary...you can always wear a hat in the meantime! Better yet you can go to the same hairdresser as Bonzo although I'm suspecting his may be a wig...hmmm?

Smile Smile Smile

Thanks for this post Randy..you have guts and a great sense of humor!
boblinds
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
111 Posts

Profile of boblinds
Quote:
Better yet you can go to the same hairdresser as Bonzo although I'm suspecting his may be a wig

Well, of course that isn't Marc's real hair, Chrystal!

I happen to know it's a transplant.

Smile
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Smile And to think I thought he joined the "Hair Club" for men! Smile
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Hey Randy, take it down all the way! Break out a Gillette Mach 3 and go to the skin! If any more of mine falls out naturally, that's the route I'm taking. I'll look like a skinnier version of dpe666. Except not as evil.
Smile
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don't try this at home!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL