The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Updated Genii Convention Schedule and Open Dealer Room on Wednesday Night! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
We've added some new performers (Woody Aragaon, Christian Engblom, and Sonny Fontana), added early bird dealer hours (which are open to ALL local magicians in Florida--no convention registration necessary, but this is only for the Wednesday night dealer room hours), and changed the schedule a bit. Hope you can join us: http://www.geniiconvention.com

Wednesday Evening (Early Bird Registration and Dealers)

4 to 9: Registration Open (Mezzanine East, 2nd Floor)
6 to 9: Dealers Open (cash bar in the dealer room) (Legacy North, 2nd Floor)
OPEN to all local magicians at no charge only at this time

Thursday Morning

8 to 8:45: Basic Training Breakfast with Ian Kendall: Part 1 (Forum East 4, 2nd Floor)
Bring your own coffee and danish from Starbucks in the lobby)

9 to 5: Registration Open (Mezzanine East, 2nd Floor)
9 to 12: Dealers Open (Legacy North, 2nd Floor)

Thursday Afternoon

12 to 1: John Carney Lecture (Legends, 1st Floor)

1:30 to 2:30: Michael Weber Lecture (Legends, 1st Floor)

3 to 4: Eugene Burger Lecture (Legends, 1st Floor)

4:30 to 5:30: Charlie Frye Lecture (Legends, 1st Floor)

Dinner Break

Thursday Evening

7 to 7:30: Welcome Reception: Group 1 (Legacy South, 2nd Floor)
Matthew Field is Your Host
Richard Kaufman, Irene Larsen, and Erika Larsen

8 to 8:30: Welcome Reception: Group 2 (Legacy South, 2nd Floor)
Matthew Field is Your Host
Richard Kaufman, Irene Larsen, and Erika Larsen

6 to 9: Dealers Open (cash bar in the dealer room) (Legacy North, 2nd Floor)

9 to 10:30: Stage Show 1 (Legends, 1st Floor)
Jonathan Levit is Your Host

Yumi
Eugene Burger
Thurston Rising Cards
Peter Samelson
Sonny Fontana
Dr. Sawa
Alex Ramon

11 to 12:30 Jamy Ian Swiss Lecture (Legends, 1st Floor)

Friday Morning

8 to 8:45: Basic Training Breakfast with Ian Kendall: Part 2 (Forum East 4, 2nd Floor)
(Bring your own coffee and danish from Starbucks in the lobby)

8:30 to 9:30: Dealers Open (Legacy North, 2nd Floor)

7:30 to 2: Registration Open (Mezzanine East, 2nd Floor)

9:30 to 11: Uri Geller Lecture (Legends, 1st Floor)

11:30 to 12:30: Parlor Show: Group 1 (Legacy South, 2nd Floor)
Max Maven is Your Host

Eric Mead
Michael Weber
David Ben
Rob Zabrecky

11:30 to 1:00: Guy Hollingworth Show and Lecture: Group 2 (Legends, 1st Floor)

Lunch break

12:30 to 2: Dealers Open (Legacy North, 2nd Floor)

Friday Afternoon

2:00 to 3:30 : Close-Up Show 1 (Legends, 1st Floor)
Jon Armstrong is Your Host

Roberto Giobbi
Alba
Tomo Maeda
Paul Wilson
Woody Aragon
Yumi
John Carney
Tom Stone

4 to 5: Parlor Show: Group 2 (Legacy South, 2nd Floor)
Max Maven is Your Host

Eric Mead
Michael Weber
David Ben
Rob Zabrecky

4 to 5:30 Guy Hollingworth Show and Lecture: Group 1 (Legends, 1st Floor)

5 to 7: Dealers Open (Legacy North, 2nd Floor)

Dinner Break

Friday Evening

7 to 9:30 : Juan Tamariz Show and Lecture (Legends, 1st Floor)

9:30 to 10:30: Dealers Open (Legacy North, 2nd Floor)

10 to 11: Max Maven Lecture on Equivoque (Legends, 1st Floor)

11:15 to Midnight: Christian Engblom Lecture (Legends, 1st Floor)

Saturday Morning

8 to 8:45: Basic Training Breakfast with Ian Kendall: Part 3 (Forum East 4, 2nd Floor)
(Bring your own coffee and danish from Starbucks in the lobby)

9 to 1:30: Dealers Open (Legacy North, 2nd Floor)

9 to 10:30: David Ben Lecture on the Coin Magic of Ross Bertram (Legends, 1st Floor)

11 to 12:30: Roberto Giobbi Show and Lecture (Legends, 1st Floor)

Lunch Break

Saturday Afternoon

1:30 to 3: Close-Up Show 2 (Legends, 1st Floor)
Jamy Ian Swiss is Your Host

Peter Samelson
Jonathan Levit
Eugene Burger
Christian Engblom
Bob White
Eric Mead
Dr. Sawa

3:30 to 5: Jim Steinmeyer Lecture (Legends, 1st Floor)

5:30 to 6:30 pm Tomo Maeda Lecture (Legends, 1st Floor)

3 to 8: Dealers Open (Legacy North, 2nd Floor)

Dinner Break

Saturday Evening

8 to 10: Stage Show 2 (Legends, 1st Floor)
Max Maven is Your Host

Lukas
Jonathan Pendragon
Scott Land
Bob White
Tom Stone
Charlie Frye

11 to 12:30: Tom Stone Lecture (Legends, 1st Floor)

Sunday

9:30 a.m to Noon: Michael Weber Private Workshop (limited to 50: extra charge event) (Forum East 4, 2nd Floor)

1 p.m. to 5:30: Juan Tamariz Private Workshop (limited to 50: extra charge event) (Forum East 4, 2nd Floor)

(Sold Out: Waiting List Being Taken.)
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
Looking forward to this convention!!!!!!!!! We are going to rock out at Genii!!!!!

Sebashtion H
http://www.subdividedstudios.com
Start Your Legacy!!!!!!
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Just a point of interest...

There's a small discrepancy between this schedule and the one at geniiconvention.com; which is the one to go by?

Otherwise, everything looks GREAT! Can't wait to be there!
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Just returned home from the conference. Wow, what a great time it was. My hats off to everyone who help to make ths a very enjoyable conference.
Bob
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Thanks to everyone who came! We sold out at over 800.
Tell me what you liked best ...
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
WOW...What a convention!
It could be difficult to say that in only a few words but I'll try.
What I liked best?
-Juan Tamariz
-Tom Stone
-Roberto Giobbi
-URI GELLER WAS THE HIGHLIGHT FOR ME!
-Parlor Show
-Yumi
-ALL THE LAST NIGHT GALA
-The Hotel
-The Raffle
-Dealers
-Eugene Burger Spirit Slates
-BASICALLY ALL THE LECTURES

And a special mention to what was for me the BEST CONVENTION REGISTER PACKAGE THAT I'VE EVER SEEN IN NEAR 10 CONVENTIONS I ATTENDED !

What I didn't like? (Even though you didn't ask)
-Video Projection Quality

My rate? 9.5 / 10

-Hansel Santiago
Puerto Rico

P.S: It was an once in a lifetime event or they will be more to come in the future?
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Just once. Have to go back to work on Genii and my books now!
J Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of J Christensen
The whole convention was formed of highlights! In addition to those mentioned above, Christian Engblom's close-up performance was jaw dropping for me. Great card magic and I loved the vanishing pocket. Great job by the Genii crew. Most of the time I sat near where Richard sat and, judging by his reactions, he is a true magic fan.
Magic J
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
7 Posts

Profile of Magic J
More than a magazine... more than a birthday party... more than a convention....

My congratulations to the Chief Genii and his magical team on so much more than Genii’s long lifespan. Of course it continues to be a great and long-standing, principal periodical for the industry; but more than that, they help it to be an institution that really connects and strengthens the magic community.

I was thrilled to be there for the celebration, and everyone I spoke with during the event loved being there, too.

I sincerely enjoyed each lecture and performance from a lineup of not just one, but many of our greatest living magicians. Beyond official Bash performers, the list of attendees included so many more amazing talents, well known and not – that it seemed around every corner was a great impromptu conversation or performance.

I found the schedule to be packed and in a perfect way, and the Zwoor app made it even better. The dealers’ room had hours that were nicely balanced, and had a varied array of dangerously attractive items.

The padfolios were more than simply functional, logo-embossed tokens from a typical conference registration – their content made them into Hollywood-award-show swag bags.

On top of that, they had assembled so many more items to give away, that they barely had enough time to GIVE them all away. The look on Mr. Kaufman’s face was priceless, as he was unloading the last of the bounty into the crowd on the final day… I’m not sure who was having more fun – him, or the clamoring fans! (At least, that state on his face appeared to be joy, but I can understand it might have been relief... or exhaustion-induced insanity.)

They really went over-the-top in many dimensions, and exceeded high expectations by me and many. I left with great feelings and memories, new friendships and new understandings about magic, and a deeper respect for what Genii does for all of us.

My thanks to Mr. K & the Genii team, for organizing an experience that was extraordinary in so many ways. Congratulations on the success of both the magazine and the birthday bash!
J.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2012-10-11 00:46, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Just once. Have to go back to work on Genii and my books now!

Well, I'll have to wait for the 100th Anniversary....!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Hey Guys

What was the goodie bag like ?
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
Quote:
On 2012-10-14 15:27, JackMagic wrote:
Hey Guys

What was the goodie bag like ?

This is from a Richard Kaufman post on the Genii board:

You asked for it! Here is the letter that came in the gift bag explaining the contents:

Your Genii 75th Anniversary Birthday Bash Gift Bag

This folio containing your gifts was generously donated by my friend David Copperfield in celebration of Genii’s 75th anniversary.

Your gifts, a token of our appreciation for attending our celebration, are described below. Some items are readily visible in the folio, but others are hidden in various pockets. Have fun exploring! (One helpful hint: some of the instructions for the card tricks are in the zippered mesh compartment under the large flap on the left side.)
Thanks for attending our 75th Anniversary Bash and enjoy this wonderful folio of gifts donated by the many generous dealers, advertisers, and friends of Genii, The Conjurors’ Magazine.
Richard Kaufman

Juan Pair, donated by Juan Tamariz, Stephen Minch, and Genii
The publication of any new effect by the master Juan Tamariz is cause for celebration, but the publication of two, his handlings for an ungimmicked “Rising Cards” and Vernon’s “Travelers,” makes it a doubly special event. Written by Stephen Minch of Hermetic Press, these delightful routines will introduce you to a new culling technique by Juan as well as give you the usual Tamarizian lessons in the psychology of expert card handling.

The Blue Crown DVD Sampler, donated by The Blue Crown
Alex Pandrea, chief of The Blue Crown, has put together this special sampler of their DVD line just for our convention. It features David Roth performing and explaining his classic “Hanging Coins,” Tony Chang’s mind-banging “Sandwiches,” Richard Hucko’s clever “Hucko Steal,” and an excellent tutorial on The Turnover Pass by Pandrea, a true master of the sleight.

“Branded” donated by Tim Trono
Tim Trono’s amazing extension of Jack Tillar’s effect “Blister” will allow you to cause an ostensibly normal blister on your finger to visibly morph into the index of a chosen card—both the numeral and pip (and there are several to choose from). Your hands don’t go into your pockets and it’s something the spectator will never forget. This new handling contains a devilishly easy and deceptive force by Paul Wilson.

Lennart Green Deck (plus discount coupon for EMC products) donated by Luis de Matos and EMC
If there’s anyone who doesn’t think Lennart Green is cool I haven’t met him. And what better way to celebrate this Swedish maestro of the pasteboards than with a Lennart Green deck of cards, courtesy of Luis de Matos and the Essential Magic Collection. Don’t miss the wrapper on the deck because it offers you a 10 percent online discount off products from the Essential Magic Collection at essentialmagiccollection.com

“Olram Aces Plus,” donated by Jon Racherbaumer, Tim Trono, and Genii
There have been an untold number of versions of what most people think of as “McDonald’s Aces,” actually a routine of Johann Hofzinser’s dating back to 1850 called “The Power of Faith.” One of the best is Jon Racherbaumer’s “Olram Aces,” presented here in a new handling including the necessary gimmicked cards.

Big Blind Media DVD Sampler, donated by Big Blind Media
Owen Packard and Big Blind Media, purveyors of fine digital magic, have provided this DVD sampler which highlights their excellent YouTube channel and DVD sets, and has performances and explains of seven excellent effects from Cameron Francis, Joshua Jay, Terry Lagerould, Alan Rorrison, John Bannon, Dave Solomon, and Liam Montier.

“Moser’s Miracle Monte,” donated by Vanishing Inc.
Of all the Monte tricks inspired by Theodore DeLand’s “Pickitout” from 1907 (and that includes those by Eddie Taytelbaum, Mike Skinner, and Mike Rogers), the first real enhancement came from Harry Anderson. Wolfgang Moser’s handling takes that a step farther and is one of the most commercial tricks on the market. You receive the special cards and instructions.

“Intuition,” donated by Real Secrets
Since everything from Real Secrets is, well, a real secret, theoretically I can’t tell you about this. But that seems to be a contradiction since it’s being given to you in this gift bag! I guess I can tell you about it. One of the things which the Real Secrets team is very good at is disguising magical props as ordinary objects—in this case, an effect normally done with playing cards masquerades as one of those ubiquitous “blow-in” cards that are always falling out of magazines. “The Intuition Development Center” is going to help you expand your inner senses by separating red and black “squares.” I think you’ll be tickled by the method.

Reel Magic No.28 DVD, donated by Kozmo Magic
Reel Magic is a magazine-on-DVD, the only one of its kind in our field, and we’re very pleased that Kozmo, the brains behind it all, has donated the latest issue to all of you. The feature interview is with Josh Jay. The DVD features columns by Jon Armstrong, Garrett Thomas, and Simon Lovell; reviews by Wayne Kawamoto and David Regal; tricks explained by Josh Jay, David Acer, and Jim Loscutoff; and “move monkeys” with Steve Bargatze, Lou Carreon, and Kenny Shelton. Lots of fun stuff to watch and learn in this issue of Reel Magic.

Genii 75th Anniversary Magic Set donated by Hanky Panky Toys
Hanky Panky was very kind in donating a magic set for each one of you to celebrate Genii’s 75th birthday. As the only maker of magic sets endorsed by FISM, Hanky Panky has been making European magic sets for decades. For us, they have produced a miniature set containing half a dozen effects—all quite good, whether classic or new. Hanky Panky also manufactures custom magic sets for various magicians around the world.

Cheating at Cheating, donated by Magicana
After some generous words of welcome in which David Ben explains the mission of Magicana, his non-profit organization in Canada dedicated to the exploration of magic as a performing art, he treats us to a tricky bit of video titled “Cheating at Cheating.” In it he demonstrates but does not explain various bits of amazing card handling, much of which comes from The Expert at the Card Table. This is followed by an excerpt from a recent issue of Magicol titled “Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Erdnase.” Navigate through the excerpt using the arrow keys on your DVD remote control or computer keyboard (not your mouse). If you find viewing it on the screen inconvenient, you may download the article for free from http://www.magicana.com/geniibash.

Jay Sankey’s “The Fine Print,” donated by Elmwood Magic
Jay Sankey has created magic since the early 1980s, and I was pleased to write, illustrate, and publish his first two books Sankey Panky and 100% Sankey. This effect from Elmwood Magic emphasizes the simpler side of Sankey—a card force and the supplied special card produce a memorable miracle. Elmwood Magic will be having a drawing in the dealer room each night for a $100 gift certificate’s worth of products from their website.

Mahatma, donated by The Conjuring Arts Research Center
While magic had a rich history in Asia, the United Kingdom, and Europe, it was a bit of a slow-starter in the new United States, where the earliest magic dealers, the Lubins, C. Milton Chase’s father Nathaniel, and Joseph Hartz, didn’t open shops until somewhere between 1851 and 1860. The first magazine didn’t appear until 1895, but once it got going after a few false starts and different owners, Mahatma became an invaluable source of information and the progenitor of all American magic magazines that followed, including The Sphinx and, later, Genii. Published for 11 years, obtaining a full file of Mahatma over 100 years after it ceased publication was a Herculean task. The Conjuring Arts Research Center presents this CD-Rom containing every issue of Mahatma in full color, in fully-searchable PDF format. Note that this disc must be used in your computer, not a stand-alone DVD player.

“Alan Alan’s Dual Control” donated by L&L Publishing
“Dual Control” is an amazing utility gimmick. If you’ve ever wanted to perform the “Magnetized Pencils” or “Magnetized Cards,” where objects adhere to your skin as if by magic, or the “Rising Cards” with a borrowed deck, Alan’s handling of the Dual Control gimmick will enable you to do all that and more. I used to visit Alan Alan’s shop The Magic Spot and see him demonstrate this behind the counter and it always fooled me. Patrick Page hosts this DVD and also assists Alan with explaining the methods. It’s amusing to watch these two old pros (and friends) as Pat is trying to move Alan along during the explanations, with Alan having a hard time getting a word in. And take special note of the extra handling by Fred Kaps for the “Magnetized Pencil.”

“Mutanz” or “Headhunter,” donated by Robert Farmer
From the mysterious Mr. Farmer you’ll receive one of two of his most amazing packet tricks, both involving secretly gimmicked cards and mind-bending psychology for the utmost packeteer’s escape from reality.

Jerry Andrus’s “Spook Blocks,” donated by Genii and the Estate of Jerry Andrus
I’ve always been a big fan of both of Jerry Andrus’s passions: magic and optical illusions. While I have published his optical illusion “Parabox” several times in the past, for our gift bag I sought out one of his more advanced items that has not been widely reproduced: “Spook Blocks.” It takes the simple optical effect of “Parabox,” where a concave three-dimensional item appears to become convex, and amplifies it, making your head spin with the impossibility of what you’re seeing.

The Magic of Méliès DVD, donated by Kino Video and Genii
Kino Video produces this wonderful DVD containing 15 films by Georges Méliès followed by a documentary George Méliès: Cinema Magician. Méliès was a magician and the manager of the Theatre Robert-Houdin, as well as one of the earliest film-makers and the discoverer of the special effect in cinema. In these films, some of which feature magical effects achieved through early special effects, you can still see the charm Méliès captured in his work. If you’ve seen Martin Scorsese’s extraordinary film Hugo, then get ready to experience the original Magic of Méliès.

“Dr. Sawa’s Fortune-Telling Card,” donated by Genii
When I published Sawa’s Library of Magic in the late 1980s, one of my favorite effects required a unique gimmicked card that allows you to reveal four predicted cards in different sizes and shapes. I’ve not seen a single person perform it even though it requires no sleight of hand and is unique in all of card magic. You’ll find new instructions herein along with the required special gimmick—please try it out.

“Scarne’s Ace Cutting,” donated by Ray Goulet
In his autobiography The Odds Against Me, John Scarne relates how he was able to cut to the Aces from a shuffled deck in the presence of well-known gamblers. The trick has been a legend for many years, and my guess is that Scarne used different methods based on the particular circumstance in which he found himself. Karl Fulves has published a riffle shuffle control that Scarne explained to him, and stated he used it for the Ace-cutting routine. Scarne tipped an entirely different method to Ray Goulet many decades ago. It is, Scarne told him, the technique he really used to cut to the Aces for Arnold Rothstein. Get ready to learn The Pinch.

Derek Dingle’s “Lightning Card to Wallet,” donated by Richard Kaufman
While later in life Derek Dingle, perhaps the greatest natural close-up sleight of hand artist of the 20th century, used the Card in Envelope style wallet usually credited to Paul LePaul, in the 1970s he used what is known as the Balducci/Kaps Wallet. Derek’s handling for the repeat Card to Wallet has never been published, and with it Dingle was able to load a wallet and bring it out of his pocket faster than anyone I’ve ever seen. I’ve kept this a secret for 30 years, but now it’s time to share it with you.

Theodore DeLand’s “Fadeaway Card,” donated by Genii
“The death of the back palm” trumpeted the ads by Theodore DeLand in The Sphinx magazine in 1908. The Back Palm did not die—far from it; it’s performed by magicians all around the world every day. But the principle behind DeLand’s “Fadeaway Card” has been a secret that some wily magicians have been using under the radar, even in FISM competitions. Yes, it really works, and the gimmick is now printed by the United States Playing Card Company to match a Bicycle deck. Don’t fool yourself by thinking that it doesn’t work!

Theodore DeLand’s “Eureka Card Trick,” donated by Genii
Theodore DeLand invented the principle of printing overlapping playing cards on the face of a single card for his “Phantom Card Trick” in 1907. With the “Eureka Card trick” of 1913, he combined the idea with a double ended card printed on the opposite side, creating a new dimension in card magic. The gimmick is printed by the United States Playing Card Company to match a Bicycle deck.

Tom Palmer’s “Insta-Flash!” Illusion, donated by Paul Osborne Illusion Systems
The late Tony Andruzzi’s real name (well, his second “real” name) was Tom Palmer, and he was one of the most creative and funny magicians of his time. Paul Osborne, illusion designer and a Genii columnist for many years, has drawn up a previously unpublished illusion concept by Palmer in honor of our 75th Anniversary.

Friendly Fire, donated by Ben Harris
This 142-page ebook is a compilation of magic and theory from Ben Harris’s New Directions Magazine, published from 1985 to 1987. The contributors include Jerry Andrus, Jon Racherbaumer, Jay Sankey, Steve Dusheck, Ian Baxter, Sixten Beme, Mike Gallo, Harry Lorayne, Ed Marlo, Richard Sanders and others. Locate the card in the folio with the URL and download the book. It expires on October 14, next Monday, so don’t wait!

PLF Marked ESP Cards, donated by Tannen’s Magic
I’ve been going to a magic shop owned by one of the Tannen brothers since the age of 7 or 8. First it was Mike Tannen’s Circle Magic, and then Lou Tannen’s at 1540 Broadway. Both were mystical places where dreams resided. Today Tannen’s Magic is owned and operated by Adam Blumenthal, an enterprising young man bringing back the great traditions of the company. Tannen’s Magic has donated a set of 5 specially-marked ParaLabs ESP symbol cards, which will allow you to perform some remarkable psychic miracles.

“All Roads Lead to Genii,” donated by … Genii (of course)
Hideo Kato’s ingenious effect “All Roads Lead to Rome” appears in the November 1986 issue of Genii. For our 75th Anniversary, I’ve produced a new and amusing version of this clever trick. No matter what magazine you try to read, all roads lead to Genii. But you already knew that or you wouldn’t be here!

The Lost Dai Vernon Lecture DVD, donated by Genii and The Estate of Dai Vernon
Every lecture that Dai Vernon gave was different, even if he was lecturing on the same effects and routines. This particular lecture (shot in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1976) has never been released before, and it offers yet again stunning proof of his masterful insight and ability in all areas of magic. It pleases me no end to be able to present this DVD to you because it contains some things that I saw Vernon do in 1983 when we first met and never thought I would see again, such as The Berg Knot and his masterful handling of The Bottom Change. The natural ease with which Vernon executes the extremely difficult card sleights in the second half really takes your breath away. This is a lecture to be treasured. The time codes indicate where each item begins.
“Cups and Balls” (3:10)
“Coins in Champaign Glass” (18:10)
Coin Star (24:00)
Various Coin Vanishes (25:00)
“The Tale of the Treasury-Worm” (28:19)
“The Daivergent Silk” (Color-Changing Handkerchiefs) (30:50)
The Berg Knot (33:10)
Vernon on the Card Index (36:00)
Vernon Handling of the “Sacks’ Dice Routine” (39:25)
“Salt Pour” (43:05)
“Four Balls in the Net” (46:34)
“The Peripatetic Walnuts” (57:23)
Double-Backed Cards and “The Trick that Fooled Houdini” (1:02)
Talk about the Double Lift, “The Progeny’s Transposition,” Leipzig’s Double Lift (1:05:30)
Talk about timing with the Pass and the Top Change (1:12:50)
Max Malini, Nail Nicking, and “The Siamese Aces” (1:13:45)
The Bottom Change (1:15:24)
The Top Change (1:16:24)
Color Changes, including Malini, Leipzig, and a Tenkai Palm Color Change (1:18:09)
Erdnase False Overhand Shuffle—Vernon Technique (1:21:27)
The Push-Through Shuffle and Cut (1:22:37)
Two Ways of Replacing a Palmed Card (1:23:53)
Riffle Pass, Diagonal Palm Shift, and Hand-Washing (1:25:43)
The Gambler’s Palm (1:27:30)
Time to Change Palm (1:28:47)
Video Loss of 4 Minutes While Audio Continues (1:30:35)
Erdnase Pushoff Second Deal (1:34:30)
The New Theory Second Deal (1:36:57)
Bottom Deal (1:38:40)
More Talk About The Double Lift (1:40:06)
A Loose Lift (1:42:23)
Double Lift Unload (1:42:56)
The Fingerprint Trick (1:44:30)
Controlling a Card to the Top or Bottom (1:49:50)
Leipzig Hindu Shuffle Force (1:51:15)
The Spectator Peek (1:52:09)
French Shuffle Bottom Control (1:53:18)
Brother Hamman’s “Pinochle Trick” (1:53:52)
Video Loss, though patter continues, and Vernon explains how he ends the trick cleanly.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Wow that's what I call a Goody Bag

I made the Mistake of going to FISM this year

Wish I gone to this Instead. the FISM Goodlie Bag (If you can call it that !)

Everyone was charged £200 for this automatically added to the convention price by D.Leaver

The £200 everyone was charged by Leaver for the Special FISM Goodie Bag
Containing:

The Souvenir Programme worth £10.00 which had Leaver’s Disgraceful Rant against Richard Kaufman

The Limited Edition FISM Teddy Bear Worth £20.00 as good as you can get in the £1.00 but hey it’s the “Official FISM” Bear

And the £150.00 Book so great those 6 Auctions on eBay not one of them sold even though the starting bid was just .99 Pence

The whole Event was a sham run by someone who's only motivation was to fleece as much money as possible from everyone
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Updated Genii Convention Schedule and Open Dealer Room on Wednesday Night! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL