The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Circle of Fire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joebob
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of joebob
I was wondering if anyone currently uses the effect "circle of fire" from Curry's Worlds Beyond. I feel that it is an excellent effect, and wanted to know if anyone used it. Thanks, joebob Smile Smile Smile Smile
Billy Andrew
View Profile
New user
Scotland U.K.
55 Posts

Profile of Billy Andrew
I agree joebob, excellent effect. I bought an expanded shell just for this. I haven't played it in public yet. Pyrotechnics need fairly specific conditions for use in my opinion, I'd probably only do this at home for an intimate crowd.

Billy
A journey of one thousand miles starts with the first step
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I used to use this a lot and still use it occassionally after first coming across it in his book Special Effects.

Rather than playing cards I have always used ESP cards for this and use it to close a routined sequence of effects with ESP cards. ESP cards fit the patter theme better and it is easy for people to visualise an ESP symbol, rather than think of a card then see the end result of just the number and pip. Not what they were thinking of unless you just told them to think of the index corner.

Paul Daniels once used it on TV with playing cards but I don't think it looks as good. I put the ESP symbol on the paper with brown crayon and when it has been shown and confirmed, burn that too so that cannot be studied further.

I think this is the BEST version of the old photographic coin ever and I'm a bit saddened people are rediscovering it in the new book, I thought I had it to myself Smile

Paul Hallas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Circle of Fire (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL