The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Please tell me the name of this trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Hi, I have an old trick in which 4 aces are shown. I remove one ace and place a three instead. All cards turn to threes. I then place a blank card instead of a three and all the cards turn blank. Can anyone please tell me the name of this trick so that I can buy a fresh copy of the same. Thanks for your time.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Anyone?
JRediens
View Profile
Regular user
Roma, Italy
147 Posts

Profile of JRediens
It may have some connection with this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck9LFEfZRGI
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
No its a different trick. But I found the trick I was looking for. Its called the "Disappearing Spots" and is the part of "Master Card Mysteries" series produced by Sherms. Found it on ebay.
JonesingForTruth
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of JonesingForTruth
Thanks for that find JRediens, a real glimpse of a genius at work... Smile I hadn't seen that but it's amazing to see where some of our basic handlings come from and I can't wait to work out a version of that one for myself. Smile
JRediens
View Profile
Regular user
Roma, Italy
147 Posts

Profile of JRediens
It has been inspiring for me too! That's why It quickly has gone to my youtube favourites list!
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
267 Posts

Profile of tstark
Disappearing Spots is a classic effect sold by many early dealers and was included in many early magic sets. The trick dates back to Hofsinzer in the late 1800s who created many gimmicked card principles still available to performers today. Early versions of Disappearing Spots appeared in Mysto Sets and were available from Adams Magic (in and around the 1920s). In some versions a change to aces was also possible.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
That video was amazing. What a legend. I am new at cards but this is truly inspring. Could someone shed some lights on which techniques he is using?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-09-23 15:51, Montana76 wrote:
That video was amazing. What a legend. I am new at cards but this is truly inspiring. Could someone shed some lights on which techniques he is using?

Alex Elmsley is a very famous card magician from England. He has published books and DVDs or [b]his]/b] material. The technique and routine is all his.

You can purchase his material from http://www.llpub.com in the United States. That trick demonstration is from one of his DVDs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Please tell me the name of this trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL