The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Illusion Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Hi,
I am interested in starting a stage show,and I would quite like to include some illusions.
I have no previous knowledge of this area of magic but I would like to start now.
Are there any good books on this sort of topic.
I do not want anything too large, but something which could make a good closer to a show but still be easily transported.
If there are no books on this sort of thing, are there any individual illusions for sale you could advise?
Thank you,
Owen
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I don't know much about theses books but...Andrew Mayne's Solo X, or Illusion book may help. Can't be too big or expensive, Andrew's stuff are usually very cheap and small.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
His stuff is very good for stage too.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Avoid the Andrew Bolcom book. It is worthless.

Great Illusions of Magic by Wels is a fabulous overview of classic material. The Hodges books are inspirational. Osborne has very workable material. Steinmeyer's works are a must INCLUDING Jarrett. Rand Woodbury's material was very popular though I personally do not have his books. And the Fechner Tome is perhaps the most beautiful and well produced book on the subject ever. And the material is great.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Stevens is running a special on Osborne books. Buy a book, get a plan free. Not a bad deal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Illusion Books (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL