The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Magic in leotards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flooglestreet
View Profile
New user
New York
63 Posts

Profile of flooglestreet
Im working on a "magical" character for stage plays. The character wears a leotard. My big questions are these; has any one worked in a leotard and can tell me the problems I might expect producing and vanishing small props. Remembering Tarbells experience with the actor Tilden Im considering using the other actors as walking tables and sarvants. The show generally plays small night clubs with open mike type stages. Smile
If ya wanna be the Top Banana, Ya gotta start at the bottom of the Bunch (Johnny Mercer)
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The rest of the cast in your show can pretty much manage the mechanics for all kinds of effects.

For some reason a passage about the actor playing the skeptic doing the load for a production comes to mind here. From 'Our Magic' ??

I suspect the beginning of the stage show for 'Pippin' wll be a better guide for work than books on how to be clever working on your own. If your costume does not offer a vest or jacket... probably safer to go the prop route and really work with the group on stage direction and character development.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
flooglestreet
View Profile
New user
New York
63 Posts

Profile of flooglestreet
Thanks JonTown; Having the rest of the cast manage the mechanics looks like the way to go, HOWEVER I am the third banana, and I'm the stage magician. In other words, I am supposed to present them a lot without much effort on thier part. I will definitely look into Pippin. Smile The Passage you mentioned is from Harlan Tarbell. Its explored in Nenning Helms (?) Showmanship For Magicians, but I can't remember in which of the Tarbell volumes it appears.
If ya wanna be the Top Banana, Ya gotta start at the bottom of the Bunch (Johnny Mercer)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Magic in leotards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL