The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Faking It - Jose Prager (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
When I became interested in mentalism a great many years ago, one of the first items I bought was from RAR Magic and the Jaks Peek Wallet. I liked and used it so much, and carried it about for so long, the leather binding got tatty and felt I could no longer use it. This particular peek wallet is, to my knowledge, no longer available but in Jose Prager's new ebook, Faking It, he gives comprehensive instructions on how to make this useful gem.

But that it not all. Described are quite a few entertaining effects and which get away from the standard mentalism fare. The Fingers Game particularly caught my attention as it has great spectator involvement. Another effect, I Know Who, uses Guess Who cards and I really like the routine and patter for this. And if, like me, you do not have Guess Who cards, you could write the names of well known people on the backs of business cards and use these instead. This is one I will definitely use and it has also reminded me of the effectiveness of a certain strategy.

Similarly Emotional Voice is another excellent effect and with a diabolical ruse. Again the routine is superb and once you know the method, it could well suggest other possibilities.

In addition to the effects mentioned, Faking It also contains quite a few others, many of which you can carry around with you and perform at a moments notice. Some of these effects have been mentioned on another thread and which is well worth checking out.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

However I really enjoyed Faking It and with instructions on how to make a peek wallet together with some effective and nicely different routines, this ebook is very good value and, even though I was sent a review copy, would have been pleased to buy.

Neil
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I performed a variation of I Know Who on a friend last night (using business cards.) With the intriguing reveal of the name being thought of, I had quite a few watching by the end. This is a very strong effect and is well worth making up or, alternatively, substituting it for other themed cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Faking It - Jose Prager (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL