We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Hoping for everyone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Bobby Maverick
Hola!

I haven't posted here in a while. Been busy.

I just wanted to say to all the workers out there that I hope you have had a tremendous season so far.
And no matter what you do whether it's balloons, statue, magic, or even juggling and cirque I am happy to see and hear of so many new folks getting out there and just doing your thing. Don't worry about what others say and don't second guess yourself. Do what you love to do. Be you and just remember that all the other opinions in the world don't amount to anything especially if they're negative. You see, that's just some person being small minded and in reality it's nothing more than a sign of insecurity. Keep going and learning from whAtever mistakes you make and you will get better. And if you're smart you never make excuses as to why you aren't very good yet .You will just try to see the problems and do your best to fix them. Don't go wasting your time trying to fit into somebody else's ideas. That's an exercise in futility.

Find you. Be you.
I'm rooting for you.
And now back to work!

Best,

Bobby
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Oh I forgot to try and create some tension....

Okay...ummm...lemme think.....

:-0
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Here ya go....

When you don t really have anything to say that is of importance try regurgitating something you you have already said and try to insult folks indirectly...this will give you wh at is called "a false sense of relevance"....

And then after trying to cast the dark shadow of a straw man over folks about money and it's evils, then remind them to buy something from you.

This will make you pseudo relevant.

There is that good enough for you?
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1109 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey Bobby, it´s nice hearing from ya,.. that you´re out there pushing it.

Man, when I read your Posts, often I smile, often I think,.. often I say, "ya, he´s got it right."
Sometimes, I´ll read another guys Post,... a totally DIFFERENT perspective;.... smile, think,... and say, "ya, he´s got it right".
Then I´ll go out, do my Show,.. something TOTALLY different;.... smile, think,... and tell my lady, "wow!, we did that one right!!,... if the others only knew!!, ha."

"Find you. Be you."
this is REALLY it,..
and I appreciate your rooting.
have a good day,
gallagher.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1109 Posts

Profile of gallagher
P.s.: oh, one little tip, to pass along,.... took me a LÖÖÖÖÖG time and a lot of hair, to learn: Flexiblity,... especially towards others.
There´s as many different ways, as there are different corners.
The ability to pause, pack up, wait,.... move.
I´m still working on it. But I believe Patience,.. Patience and Flexiblity,..... these are Magic´s,.. `the Street´s´, two biggests secrets.

give it easy,
gallagher.
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
Thanks for the good words Bobby, a breath of fresh air & just what I needed to read! Hope you have been having a great year!
FatHatter
View Profile
Regular user
I'm here you're there and that's that.
137 Posts

Profile of FatHatter
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 05:26, gallagher wrote:
P.s.: oh, one little tip, to pass along,.... took me a LÖÖÖÖÖG time and a lot of hair, to learn: Flexiblity,... especially towards others.
There´s as many different ways, as there are different corners.
The ability to pause, pack up, wait,.... move.
I´m still working on it. But I believe Patience,.. Patience and Flexiblity,..... these are Magic´s,.. `the Street´s´, two biggests secrets.

give it easy,
gallagher.

:applause:
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Hey I'm totally flexible towards others....just sometimes I get a little fed up with the b.s..

Why not go out do " your show" and just shut the he@@ up for a change....we get it. You wAnna be importAnt.

Try doing it by just working and not worry about what everybody else is doing....oh and stop freaking preaching originality while doing a copy of someone else's act....in fact I think it's quite a bit of good misdirection to pint over ther and yell " copy copy copy!" While doing a copy act yourself...

Gee whiz. Wake up folks.

I don't a problem in the world with folks' shows. I personally don't care what you do as long as you're happy. I I just don't like seeing a fella stirring th pot just to keep his name out here.

And then throwing in a commercial after talking trash about those folks that are interested I. Making a living.
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

I get to go on vacation soon...the first thing I did was see if there was a pitch...lol!!!

At any rate my wife and I will be around the Destin Fl. way next week. Anyone wanna have lunch?
sideshowsam
View Profile
New user
I see you staring at my
86 Posts

Profile of sideshowsam
FLORIDA! Come on Bobby - Michigan is so much better for a vacation...glad you get to do it though - have fun!

./sd
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Vacation was awesome.

I see from popping in here that things are as they always are.

wannabes telling ya like it is, and never-Beens swearing to it.

Lol
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
So....

We start with a message of hope and general encouragement that states we should not worry about what others think and just do our own thing.

Then two days later we completely reverse the above message and to boot throw in thinly veiled insults to parties unknown...

Later we return to the attack and in THE SAME POST contradict the message...

So in short, the whole purpose here was:

Quote:
I I just don't like seeing a fella stirring th pot just to keep his name out here.

Or am I missing something?
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Wise words indeed. It's hard to retain ones composure when faced with those who are negative. Opinions are just that.

I do respect some who open up discussion and although some views may be contentious, I can look into myself and change a few things. Not all 'other views' come from a base of negativity, but can be used to propel one onwards.

But... One line hateful comment, like some on that vid of me in Brisbane on YouTube need to be addressed.

Mostly though I try to grow. Sometimes I do..and help others also.

Timely post Mr. Maverick and thanks.

Much appreciated.

James James
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1224 Posts

Profile of imgic
Now I'm really missing something
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1175 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I think Ekuth summed it up perfectly...
Lakewood, Ohio
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
*tips hat to j100taylor*
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Was the first post to lure us over and then watch us slip on the banana peel?
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

It was a joke guys...I just got back from vacation and was feeling a bit scrappy.

I guess I should have worded it differently.

Let's try this...

Stop giving advice and swearing to other s advice and just go do some shows for the good of yourself.

I think I'm misunderstood...it's not alwAys what you think it is fellas...

Going to bed. Gotta fly out tomorrow...
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Hoping for everyone (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL