The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » 2013 FCM International Convention Dates (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dan Ezell
View Profile
New user
Cocoa, FL
24 Posts

Profile of Dan Ezell
Does anyone know the dates for the 2013 FCM International Convention dates?
Dr. Dan The Magic Man
MagicDove.com
As a univesity professor in special education I advocate the use magic to increase self-esteem of children with disabilities. Also, many magic tricks can easily be tied to academic lessons. More importanly, magic can be used to create friendships with children with and without disabilities. Smile
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Not yet. There is still some conversations going on about that.

Hopefully, by the time the next Voice appears in your mailbox the question will be answered.

Be patient.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
See FCM President Del Wilson's column in the latest "The Voice of the FCM" magazine, September/October 2012 issue, page 4. No date or location set as of yet.
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
Look for an announcement in a few weeks. Things are in motion.
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
My prediction: July in Nashville.

(If I'm wrong, I've got a back-up in a Fairchild Prediction Chest Smile )
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I received an email from FCM President Del Wilson this morning, no date or location set yet. However, the good news is both should be announced very shortly Smile (e.g. in October). Del has been on the location scouting trail. I do know that the FCM convention is wanted- that is a pretty nice thing Smile My neice from Michigan is a public school teacher in Nashville so that would pretty cool to visit her. She has already picked up the Southern twang. I went to a legal convention once at the massive Operaland Hotel complex (or whatever it was called) that features a big indoor garden lobby, pretty impressive. I also remember driving down "record row" with Curb Records, etc.
Eric Tyree
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Eric Tyree
Nashville would be awesome. My back porch!
Eric Tyree
Magician, Juggler and Comedian
Amazing Binky
View Profile
Loyal user
Lancaster,OH
221 Posts

Profile of Amazing Binky
MagicBus-I think you mean OPRYLAND. Operaland doesn't have the indoor garden, just souvenir viking helmets. Smile
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Yep, the Opryland Hotel complex. Very cool place, even just to visit.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Birdsboro, PA
647 Posts

Profile of revmike
And Nashville in July it is per Del's e-mail
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
jwscott
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of jwscott
FCM July 8 through Friday, July 12, 2013. It will be held at Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee. Woo Hoo! Nashville here we come!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Me likie Nashville! I remember once watching a magic show years ago at the "Opryland" amusement park- don't know if that park exists anymore. I remember being in the Willie Nelson retail store- had lots of cool braids and hats there for sale. Fun place to visit, lots to do and places to shop at, so may be able to pursuade my wife Maggie to finally come along with me now to a FCM convention Smile
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
534 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
I use to perform at Opryland and the Grand Ol Opry while I went to college in Nashville! It will be fun returning to my old college town. Nashville will be a good vacation spot for people as well.
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Gene "Oz" Oswald
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Gene
Yes, the convention is at Lipscome University in Nashville, July 8- 12th 2013. Plans are begin made... university is excited about having us and the facilities will be great. Rumor has it that the food is really good as well.
keep it in prayer...

God bless,
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Anyone know how far Lipscomb University is from downtown Nashville, nearest mall, Opryland, etc.? My wife wanted to know and I am too lazy to look it up... Looks like a pretty neato little University too from the online photos of it.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Per the Wikipedia article, Lipscomb University looks like a pretty nice place, basically has the same "on campus" dorm population as IWU (although IWU is massive in size if including other campuses, the thousands being educated through online training, etc.). The LU campus looks pretty compact yet still good sized, really looking forward to it! Now next year I won't have an excuse to leave early to rush back to my office right away. Good to hear on the podcast that the 2012 FCM convention went very well for the "youth"- that is welcome news too. My guess it won't be too hard to get some really good music for our convention either. Fired Up!
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Quote:
On 2012-09-30 18:09, MagicMattMan wrote:
My prediction: July in Nashville.

What do I win? Smile
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
derrenshowman
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of derrenshowman
Looking forward to this
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I got in the mail today from the FCM headquarters the full color flyers for 2013 60th annual convention to hand out at our KaZoo Chapter meeting this Saturday. I assume these fliers will be with your issue of the "Voice of the FCM." WOW- what a PACKED performance lineup including: Joseph Young, Scott Humston, Steve Varro, Robert Hill, Jergen Johnson, Aaron Gilliam & Family, Harris III, Scott Flom, Bubba Sikes, Justin Flom (wow!), Brett & Labrina Myers, Desi Payne, Mark Shortland, Doug Anderson, Jay Rumple, Stan Adair, and Eddy & Julie Bolton (and this is just for starters, this list does not include all the lecturers). This is terrific!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
All the convention registration forms, flea market registration form, and the convention schedule should be posted at http://www.fcm.org shortly. Please note-the 60th annual custom black FCM T-Shirt (yeh! I think black is the best color for a magical shirt) has to be PRE-ORDERED through the FCM web site- that shirt ordering information should be also posted there soon too...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » 2013 FCM International Convention Dates (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL