The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Adult Convention... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
X-rated Cups and Balls.

You do it naked. No one can see any place to hide the final loads!

Chris
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
"X-Rated Cups and Balls" is actually the name of a Scotty York cup and ball routine because you could do it naked if you wanted to. You don't load or unload from/to your pants or jacket pocket or from anywhere as a matter of fact, yet the effect looks like other versions and even ends with large loads.

Larry D.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Larry, thank you for explaining the originator of that!

I know where the loads are for the routine. My friend was talking to Martin Lewis and Martin told him about the routine. My friend forgot who invented it and he told me about it.

Thanks again.

Chris
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
My pleasure.
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
With a gambler's bottom palm cop, and if you wear a tucked in shirt, it's quite easy to produce a chosen card from inside your pants zipper. That's a lot of fun.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
aby9plp
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
255 Posts

Profile of aby9plp
Why don't you use those cards with sexy naked women pictures on them.
-aka-
Phoenix
kryptonite76
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of kryptonite76
Get the book "Sexy Magic"
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
One thing that might play very well is almost ANY mentalism routine where you seem to read their minds.

The obvious line - "Yes, I read minds - and YOU" point at someone who has been laughing at your other material, "should be ashamed of yourself! And sorry, I'm spoken for!"

Done in a joking manner, this rarely fails to get a good laugh out of everyone there.

Not to mention that, in some instances, the last line will be VERY correct and the person's reaction will be one for your scrap book!

Trust me on that one.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Quote:
On 2003-11-05 05:06, Alan Munro wrote:

- Thumb tie (popular with the S&M crowd)

Sado-magicism?
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Zach Waldman writes: "Doc Eason's All Screwed Up Routine is really a close
up effect but you may be able to play it big."

Actually, the effect was created by Gary Frings, not Doc Eason, although Eason popularized it; Eason has repeatedly denied that he created the effect!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5753 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
BTW, a mini-flogger is great to do wand spins with! Okay, so I tried it with the girlfriends flogger. Smile
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Whipping your performance into shape, eh? Smile

Well, the Siberian Chain Escape would probably have some interesting responses at such an event, as would thumbcuffs, red tape thumb tie and the 100' challenge rope escape!

I won't even begin to talk about the Shanghai Shackle! Smile

:handcuffs:

And in doing CMH, you could use the line: "This trick uses three of your favorite things, Mistress - crazy men, latex and handcuffs!" Trust me, that one always gets a laugh! Smile

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com Smile
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
altoni
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of altoni
Hi Jeff,

I think all the above advice it great.

You know, just doing your own material the way you always do it might be a really nice change of pace for the folks there. Like having a cigarette after all that...input.

Good luck,

Al
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Do you realy need the work that bad? Probably not.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
ClodAppleleft
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, NH
195 Posts

Profile of ClodAppleleft
Quote:
On 2003-12-02 14:42, KingStardog wrote:

What do you mean?

Do I need the work? No. But I'm going to be there anyway, so I figured I might as well do something besides people watch.
There are many different ways to cut an apple.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Well hey, If you are just hanging out don't change a thing, and just do what you want to do. I was under the impression that you got hired on and they wanted you to theme and build an entire act just for one show. Just do what you do well and don't worry about the site specific crowd.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
Quote:
On 2003-12-02 14:42, KingStardog wrote:

Whatttamean? Theres nothing wrong with adult videos/toys/conventions? Sounds like a fun gig to me....
Smile
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2474 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Mmm... how about card in condom or there is the old trick where you place some Alka Selzer in a champain glass and cover it with a condom and the bubbles make it get erect.

Just 2 ideas which came to mind without much thought behind it.
Jeff
Long Island,

New York
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1147 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
I saw a listing somewhere -- maybe in an H&R catalog? -- for a book on "adult" balloon twisting designs. Almost got it for the sheer absurdity of the thing, but hey! for a gig like this...
Sorry I don't remember details, but you might search around on the Net. At least now you know there is such a thing!
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
I think those that have mentioned to just do what you do are on the right track. Making generalizations about an audience can lose them in a hurry. About 2 months ago, I produced a promotional video for one of the country's best known tattoo parlors for an upcoming Tattoo Artist Convention. They knew I was also a magician, and asked me to also work their booth where they were showing my video. I guess I consider myself a bizarrist already, so I figured this crowd was right up my alley. So I gathered all my freaky weird stuff, and a few things for kids, just in case there were a few. My most requested effect of the convention? Spongeballs! I couldn't believe it! 250 pound bikers with more ink on them than the New York Times would have rather have seen me do spongeballs than chew razor blades. I had a blast, and learned a valuable lesson.
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Adult Convention... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL