The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin Rattle Gimmick 2.0 PLUS Digitial Coin Sound (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, our friend and Café member bambu is at it again with his special brand of DIY as to magic. Smile This time his devilish mind has cooked up a rattle gimmick with a sound attachment, Coin Rattle Gimmick 2.0 PLUS Digitial Coin Sound. It's a mouthful but it's also a great idea that he shows you in a wonderful ebook how to make yourself. I love his work because it's easy as pie to follow and you come out of it with something you will treasure because you made it and you'll use it. Smile It looks really good and better yet the sound is quite convincing. So all your effects where you need that sound accompaniment, this makes it simpler to pull off toward perhaps even greater amazement. Please take a look at this wonderful new e-book and then get out your working tools. Smile Once again, I highly recommend it. Smile

http://www.lybrary.com/coin-rattle-gimmick-20-p-207341.html
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I just did, Marion! Smile

Wow, a GOOD quality coin rattle you make yourself! All the stuff is at Home Depot, so you only have to shop once...and, I must say this is ingenious! He gives you TWO different ones, plus, an electronic one!

The electronic one is custom made, ala Sylvester The Jester's electronic Jacket... Extremely detailed on how to set it all up.

Why do we need a coin rattle? It's that extra little bit that convinces your spec that the coins are still in the hand! The SOUND! And this is really good. Step-by-step he takes you through this process, and you will have two units as good as you ever got from any magic shop! Smile

Highly recommended!

Doug
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Some months ago, I was lucky to see an e-guide that Mark Stone (Bambu) created and shared with some members on the Café on how to make a professional coin rattle with easy to acquire tools and materials. I have now read Mark's new E-Book that Marion is referring to and I have to say that I am blown away. First, the Coin Rattle instructions are fleshed out far more completely from the first effort I read (which was already well done) and include extremely clear photographs and instructions to guide you on how to all of the DIY work. Those who have read Mark's Cozmar coin gimmick ebook will know what I mean about how complete these instructions are. In addition, Mark gives full instructions on two different types of coin rattle (the traditional professional coin rattle - something like the Porper - and one that does not require long sleeves. Mark has also included some rudimendary routines and instructions on proper use that would be valuable for individuals who have never used a coin rattle before. If Mark had stopped right there, this book would have been worth the price to me. There are precious few books available on the proper use of a coin rattle (other than the excellent one by Dave Neighbors) and to my knowledge, there is no other book about how to make a professional coin rattle for yourself.

But Mark did not stop there. He included a second ebook with the first that I did not expect. In point of fact, I think the second ebook is incredibly valuable on its own whether you want to make your own professional coin rattle or not. If anyone is familiar with the digital coin sound gimmick that you can buy for about $6 - $10 that has a really good sound but has some limitations, you would know that this could be a great gimmick if it could be activated by something other than your hands. For that matter, I have thought for a while that several electronic magic gimmicks that I already have would benefit from a better method of remote activation than what is provided with the item (FISM flash anyone?). The only problem is that I just didn't know how to get started with the electronic work. I even went so far as to buy some momentary switches on EBay, but that is about as far as I got. Now, with this book, I have a guide to how do do what I have been wanting to do for a long time. Although it has application for any number of electronic gimmicks, I love the fact that it uses the example of something so cheap as a $6 coin sound gimmick. If I fail or make a mistake, I only have to spend $6 for another unit and try again. I am looking forward to using the information from this book on this and other projects. Also, the design Mark has come up with utilizes the two alternative sounds that the coin sound gimmick can make in an excellent way that would be very difficult to confuse when using. My only complaint is that Mark did not include a toe switch gimmick alternative, but perhaps he will create a small addendum to sell to those who purchase his book. I would pay $5 for that alone.

This book is another great effort by Mark. Smile
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
I have to concur with Marion, Doug & Banzai, this is a very well done E-Book. You need to have some basic "tool skills" to build the coin rattle gimmicks, being able to use a hacksaw, pliers, etc., but nothing complicated at all. On top of that, Mark gives you LOTS of clear, concise photos and explains the process in simple terms and very good detail. The coin rattles are quite clever and the method he devised to turn them ON and OFF is great. A also agree with Marion in that if you are a DIY type of person you will love making these and get that extra pleasure each time you use them because you made them yourself. If you are not "Mr. Fixit", the coin rattles are not intimidating at all and as I said, they are not difficult. Mark also gives you a basic coin routine utilizing the gimmick and even has a page of tips and notes that show me he has worked both the routine and the gimmick. Good stuff Mark

The remote control modification to the electronic sound device is a bit more challenging. You need to be able to solder electronic components but that's really all that's involved except for some gluing and the ability to tighten and untighten a screw. It's a very clever way to be able to remotely activate the electronic coin sound device, making it "hands free". I can see this and the rattle being very useful for a competition or stage act coin routine. It would add the little touches to a coin routine and put the final polish on the act.

Mark does a great job with his written explanations and supplying LOTS of pictures, making it a very clear and easy to follow process to make these gimmicks. Nice job Mark.

Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I think what I like about this Hank, is the version where you can wear a T-Shirt! That's the one I'm gonna make. I'll make both, actually, but I'm a T-Shirt wearing kinda guy! Smile This is oerfect for what I'm doing! Smile

Doug
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Thank you Mb, Doug, Banzai and Hank, for the great reviews and very encouraging comments.

The sound system taught in the eBook, as Banzai mentioned in his review, might be used to add flash light effects using the FISM Flash, but without the need of a cumbersome foot switch.

If you want to add the sound of several coins to a routine, this DYS eBook will also teach you how to use these coin sound gimmicks correctly. You won’t be disappointed.

Mark Stone
Philip Busk
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Philip Busk
Been searching for a coin rattle for a new routine and needed a short sleeve version. Just downloaded this and think it is exaclty what I need. I'll put it together and let you know how it goes.
Philip Busk
T_C_Magic
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of T_C_Magic
Thanks Marion on the geat tip. I love making things myself.

TC
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hey guys! Smile Any of you make these yet? I need the one for the t-shirt wearers. This payday, I'm getting the supplies. This could be good...

Doug
Philip Busk
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Philip Busk
I did make a couple of these. I made some modifications to the button as I didn't like the “erasure” button. I couldn't find a errasue that held up to the task. My way was more complicated and required more time and I don’t think it’s necessarily any better but I think will last longer.
Overall the design is great. It sounds good and does the job.
Not at all hard to make the way described.
Philip Busk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin Rattle Gimmick 2.0 PLUS Digitial Coin Sound (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL