The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why People Carry a Weapon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I know someone who killed someone with sword with a knife. But no one could prove it was him as the fellow with the sword was chasing three bothers and one of them stopped and stabbed him but which one no one knows.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 19:34, Steve_Mollett wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 17:49, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 17:09, Slide wrote:
Live by the sword. die by the sword.

What don't you understand? I carry a gun not a sword. Smile Swords are dangerous. Smile

If your opponent takes your head, you're finished!

Essential, the 'nads would work as well...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 19:34, Steve_Mollett wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 17:49, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 17:09, Slide wrote:
Live by the sword. die by the sword.

What don't you understand? I carry a gun not a sword. Smile Swords are dangerous. Smile

If your opponent takes your head, you're finished!

Highlander...There can be only one.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 17:16, Slide wrote:
No, I said they broke into my apartment. And yes, I didn't feel the need for protection. They were junkies and I didn't have anything to steal but some change and clock radio. Are you suggesting I should shoot and kill someone for a pocket full of change?

THIS is why I find you to be a VERY scary person Aces. Having you in my house would scare me more than junkies being in my house. Did you ever actually READ the bible

Wish I was your neighbor. I would post this sign: http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=4936
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 11:08, Al Angello wrote:
You either have fear of the unknown or you don't.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither

Ben Franklin
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Maybe if my Uncle had a gun, he and his wife (my Aunt) would still be alive today. that's all I have to say on the subject.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Or maybe there'd be one more gun out there on the street. Nobody knows.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 15:48, Al Angello wrote:
Tony
Pennsylvania has Philadelphia at one end, Pittsburgh at the other end, and Alabama hill billies in between. I ain't no hill billy.

Excuse me?

Listen, city boy, I was borned and raised in these here Pennsylvanie Mountains and I hain't never been to Alabama in my life. And even though you misspelled the name, you're right. You ain't no hillbilly, or Bill Hilly. And I ain't no Al Angello. The only thing I juggle is bills - and not too well.

:)

Friends, Al and I are kindered spirits in many ways. We are on opposite sides of the creek on this issue, but we are still friends in peaceful co-existence. And I can truthfully say that every time I have been to Al's house I leave my guns at home. And every time Al has been to my house he straps on 357 S&W revolver and wears it proudly. Every time, right Al?

Seriously though, I have CC permit but that doesn't mean that I carry all the time. I do not. I also understand what every RESPONSIBLE gun owner understands: You don't unholster your gun "for show". You don't do that to "warn" an invader or attacker to back off and go away. The RESPONSIBLE gun owner understands that when the gun is unholstered you MUST be prepared to use it. And if you unholster yours and the bad guy unholsters his, at least one of them IS going to be fired. If you can't live with that DON'T CARRY A GUN.
Tony Clifton
View Profile
New user
oakhurst, ca.
24 Posts

Profile of Tony Clifton
Alabama is a beautiful state.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Simple really.

Those who wish to carry, carry.

Those who don't, don't.

Do study First Aid though, either way. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Wishful thinking.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-09-05 16:54, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Simple really.

Those who wish to carry, carry.

Those who don't, don't.

Do study First Aid though, either way. Smile

The pro-choice position!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 15:35, Tony Clifton wrote:
Al, did you know Pennsylvania is the state with the second highest amount of CCW permits issued? You don't need a gun, everyone around you has one.

That could be true. I didn't look it up but I won't argue. Pennsylvania is a "Shall Issue" state. That means that anyone who LEGALLY qualifies and applies for a permit to carry a concealed weapon will be approved. Pennsylvania is also an "Open Carry" state. Anyone is not prohibited from owning a handgun can legally carry it in public without a permit as long as it's on the OUTSIDE of his/her clothing.

A handgun can NOT be kept in a vehicle, even if clearly visible, without a Concealed Carry Permit. That is considered concealed.

Pennsylvania has also recently passed its "Castle Law". Actually expanded the Castle Doctrine, which allows the use of deadly force to protect one's self in certain circumstances outside one's own home.
Tony Clifton
View Profile
New user
oakhurst, ca.
24 Posts

Profile of Tony Clifton
I think my problem is I have never been to that part of the country other than Boston. I kind of pictured Pennsylvania and New York as similar and I know that NY is rather gun restrictive, or that may just be NYC.

My source was from a study of permits issued, Florida number one, Pennsylvania number two, Texas three. See, I would want to carry a gun in my car or in the house, I doubt I would ever take it on the street unless in a rough area, then I'd have to question myself why am I in that area.

I respect the rights of those that are doing as the law allows. I was thinking of this last night as I was driving from school. This isn't a situation of "I can do it cuz there is no law against it" it is clearly a constitutional issue and there is top tier law that allows Americans to have guns, period, end of story. I have not seen anyone saying "I'm gonna carry concealed regardless of a permit" everyone who carries at any time seems to have a permit if required. There are restrictions in place and if you violate them you are subject to arrest or your weapon being taken and that seems to work. People have a right to weapons and all th whining and complaining will do nothing to stop it. People have the right to celebrate the religion of their choice, they have the right to stand on a box in public and give their opinion on a subject, they do not have to subject their home to a search without a warrant. There are many parts of the world where any of those things would be a shocking change from what they have now. I think you will find more murders associated with religion in this country than committed by CCW holders. Not everything can be perfect in everyones world because your happiness ticker doesn't match everyones and you don't have the right to step on another persons happiness. While not into guns, I couldn't name a type of pistol other than generic stuff or the work Glock, I certainly am not going to tell Bill Hilly or Acesover that they cannot practice their rights as given to them by the constitution and by the laws of the areas where they live.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 15:24, Al Angello wrote:
Inadaquate men carry guns for compensation.

Spoken like a man who never leaves his home.

What about law enforcement and the military who carry weapons? Are they also inadequate?

I carry all the time. I can also use my body to fight which I do mostly. I have been jumped and stab a few times with a Shiv made from a toothbrush. I have been attacked and fought for my life while getting my right ribs broken, shoulder hurt, eyes almost rank out of me head and broke my hand. I had people people look me in the eyes and tell me when they can out, they will look me up and put a cap in my head and have fun with my wife.

I was in a fight once where I broke my elbow going to the floor with two people and broke my hand within seconds after I landed on my back with a man on top of me swinging away and the other kicking toward my head.

I did meet one of the guys in Wall-Mart once who had made the comment that he will deal with me if he ever saw me on the outside. Nothing happen, but as he walked up to me, I gave my wife our Secret word which meant for her to act as if we were not together and to leave the area and pull out her phone for a 911 call while having a clear shot in the event I needed help.

I have seen guys who have done things to others that were unthinkable. These are the same people who you pass in Wall-Mart and never know it (hopefully).

Yea, I carry and respect peoples right who are afraid of weapons. I carry (at the least) one handgun on my strong side and a small fighting knife on my weak side for any last ditch work.

I work with others who carry and I do not think that they are Inadaquate, If you think so, go up to them and feel free to test them.

Ray
Tony Clifton
View Profile
New user
oakhurst, ca.
24 Posts

Profile of Tony Clifton
Ray, will you be my friend?
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Quote:
On 2012-09-05 20:08, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 15:24, Al Angello wrote:
Inadaquate men carry guns for compensation.

Spoken like a man who never leaves his home.

What about law enforcement and the military who carry weapons? Are they also inadequate?

I carry all the time. I can also use my body to fight which I do mostly. I have been jumped and stab a few times with a Shiv made from a toothbrush. I have been attacked and fought for my life while getting my right ribs broken, shoulder hurt, eyes almost rank out of me head and broke my hand. I had people people look me in the eyes and tell me when they can out, they will look me up and put a cap in my head and have fun with my wife.

I was in a fight once where I broke my elbow going to the floor with two people and broke my hand within seconds after I landed on my back with a man on top of me swinging away and the other kicking toward my head.

I did meet one of the guys in Wall-Mart once who had made the comment that he will deal with me if he ever saw me on the outside. Nothing happen, but as he walked up to me, I gave my wife our Secret word which meant for her to act as if we were not together and to leave the area and pull out her phone for a 911 call while having a clear shot in the event I needed help.

I have seen guys who have done things to others that were unthinkable. These are the same people who you pass in Wall-Mart and never know it (hopefully).

Yea, I carry and respect peoples right who are afraid of weapons. I carry (at the least) one handgun on my strong side and a small fighting knife on my weak side for any last ditch work.

I work with others who carry and I do not think that they are Inadaquate, If you think so, go up to them and feel free to test them.

Ray

Ray,

Thanks for sharing that. Sounds like you are a very responsible gun owner.

There are literally millions of us out here carrying responsibly. And we will protect ourselves, and yes, even those who don't like guns if we need to to save a life. Nobody wants to have to use a gun. But thankfully there are those that will if need be. And most people on here are like this, they hate guns until someone saves them with one. I bet those poor people who have been butchered and raped would have been very thankful if a person with a CCW was around when they were being victimized.

All to often, the anti gun "I don't need a gun" crowd has never been a victim of a brutal violent crime. When you become a victim, then you understand. I find it a shame that they call us names (like inadequate etc.)
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy

More than adequate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eCM4AAJyc8

Tommy
Tony Clifton
View Profile
New user
oakhurst, ca.
24 Posts

Profile of Tony Clifton
I fell inadaquate, I think I'll get my CCW and start with a snub nose .38 and work my way up to tucking the shotgun in my jeans to impress the ladies.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why People Carry a Weapon (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL