The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A New & Modern Version of The Vanishing Bandana (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JimmyH
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of JimmyH
Hi everyone, I'm bringing this routine to the 21st century and utilizing modern technology to perform this classic magic trick. Below is the link to the teaser trailer. It has not been decided if this is going to go through a distributor or on my own, but either way keep an eye out for it very soon

Thanks,
Jimmy H
http://www.magicjimmyh.com

here is the link: http://youtu.be/MTUhWwSLWHw
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Very smart, Jimmy!

One of those WDITOI!

e
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Ok now THAT'S a great way to present it, way to go Jimmy! Smile
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Exactly what is the video supposed to show?
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
It doesn't show anything, it's simply teasing us lol.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I love it!
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
PS when can we buy this?
JimmyH
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of JimmyH
Hey Thanks everyone.

The plan is to release it within the next couple months. this will be the first routine of mine I have ever put on the market and I am really excited about it. the research I have done on this particular trick is quite extensive but this just seemed like this would be very logical with the technology of today. this version has the magician in a dialogue with the "Siri" character as opposed to her just giving instructions, however I will have an additional track on the final product that will be familiar to the more commonly performed VB, but will be in the Siri voice.
Matman
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Matman
UGH .. I wish I thought of that. Now I HAVE to get an iPhone Smile OR will there be an Android version?
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Put me on your list!
JimmyH
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of JimmyH
Fortunately you do not have to buy a new phone for this as the various tracks will be found on a CD that you will be able to transfer to your current smart phone, however the look of an Iphone will enhance the trick, and you can buy fake Iphones that look very real on ebay for about $10.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Showed nothing!!
JimmyH
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of JimmyH
Performance video to be posted very soon Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I've never done this trick, but using Siri is very clever.
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Hi Jimmy,

This is brilliant! I think that this does more than take this trick into the 21st century. There is great motivation for Siri to be "miscommunicating" with the magician.

I would suggest that you don't have "Siri" engage with the magician as if Siri could see the mistakes that the magician is making. That confuses the plot and motivation and some versions have tried to make the VB routine longer by the interaction. Really makes no sense for the voice-over to "see" the mistakes that the magician is making.

I hope that others don't steal this idea from you. Although I could create a routine from just what I saw on the trailer, you deserve to be rewarded for creating this. I for one, will purchase this from you and use it.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Lou Leventhal
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Not sure where you guys are seeing anything?
Don
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Don, I sent you a PM.

Jim
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Thanks Jim

Don
JimmyH
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of JimmyH
Hi, thanks again for the nice comments. I am looking forward to sharing this routine with the magic community. The plan is to have it out within the next couple months. for now I will post updates and videos here. Smile
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
Using Siri is hilarious. Those that don't get the teaser won't understand the trick. Congrats on a really novel variation. It's nice to some people thinking outside of the box.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A New & Modern Version of The Vanishing Bandana (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL