The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » A Great Egg At Cracker Barrel! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I found some great fake eggs at Cracker behind the counter! Both white and brown ceramic eggs. With a drill, they are easy to make into a silk/egg. They are very inexpensive, but very nice.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I LOVE Craker Barrel,was just there on Friday..I'm going to look for these eggs and buy a few, they really do look real from the photo..
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
They are the perfect color, size weight and texture. I think they are indistinguishable from a regular egg under casual scrutiny. Short of dropping it, it will look like the real deal. Put it in the refrigerator, and it will feel quite real too. All for $1.49/ea.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Here is where Cracker Barrel gets them - cheaper by the dozen! http://www.ceramiceggs.com/retail.php
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I have been using those for awhile now. I get them at Hobby Lobby. They work and look great for Silt to Egg. Nice to know that Cracker Barrel has them too.
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Thanks Jack! Hobby Lobby DOES ship internationally too, but you need to call them at this number: (405) 745-1200 (USA) e too http://shop.hobbylobby.com/search/?keywo......F_Sort=2
wwhokie1
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
I have a few of these as well, they are great, look real and are cheap. Great combo.
wwhokie1
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
These Cracker Barrel eggs look very real, fooled myself last time. Did a routine with a real egg, at least I thought, and when I went to crack it open I discovered it was the fake. Pulled out my egg cartoon of fake eggs and went in to some juggling and tossed out a couple to some kids who freaked out thinking they were real eggs. I recovered fine and most didn't notice the flub, we just had some fun as if it were all planned. Gotta make sure to keep the real eggs separated, even when I was working with the fake it seemed real in my hands.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I picked up a bunch of these past time I was in CB. I was blown away by the verisimilitude to what comes out of a chicken's butt.

I think these could fool a real hen.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Foxbiz
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
208 Posts

Profile of Foxbiz
I saw these too at CB in Chattanooga. Looks good for a good price... and white and brown.
Our silk and egg king is Bob Sanders here at the Café. He suggests putting the fake eggs in the frig to chill them for even more realistic feel. Bob has great modified eggs to accept the silks.
Lynn Fox
Ryan_McSwain
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Ryan_McSwain
Great sources, thanks!

You mentioned drilling them. Are there any precautions to avoid cracking them? Or are they pretty tough?
Crownhart
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Crownhart
I have them and be careful my wife thought they were real and banged one of them up pretty bad. They work great in an egg bag too.
SinCIRCUSly,

Michael C. Crownhart
peculiarone
View Profile
Veteran user
Fence almost done. I've already put in
303 Posts

Profile of peculiarone
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2012, jskalon wrote:
I have been using those for awhile now. I get them at Hobby Lobby. They work and look great for Silt to Egg. Nice to know that Cracker Barrel has them too.

Just curious, how do you get the silt in the egg? Do you use a funnel?
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1836 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I also discovered those Cracker Barrel eggs several years ago . They look great .

I made one into a "loop ball" , which can be used for all the great loop ball moves (such as on Cellini's video "Magic that Can Be Performed Anywhere") , including the initial production and vanish of the egg from a single-page menu that is fairly shown on both sides. This is a variation on the the "Chinese Egg Bag/mat" , but instead of using the woven mat, I use a one-sheet breakfast menu .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » A Great Egg At Cracker Barrel! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.41 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL