The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Card flourishes always catch people's attention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Bro-David,

Spectators don't know what a "flourish" is! A fan is the same as a one handed cut, a spring, or any other "fancy card move" to them. Magicians are the only ones that try to say what and what isn't a card flourish. To laymen, it's all about fancy or skilled card handling.

Fans are as much as a flourish as any other card flourish.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Quote:
On 2003-10-23 19:15, SuperMagic wrote:
Every time I do some of my flourishes, people are immediately fascinated like they've never seen someone manipulate a deck of cards before.

They also come up to me and say, "Do you know any tricks?" and that's when I start performing a few card tricks. Does this happened to you?

all the time. It's interesting what kinds of people will be attracted by flourishes. I find that it is usually college age guys. I've been standing somewhere and did a large card spring and one person is totally amazed while someone standing next to him glances up and never looks my way again. Most of the time that I do magic for strangers, it started with flourishes. Most people assum that you can do card tricks if you can do fans and cuts and stuff.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I want to thank you for bringing back a thread that has my dancing chili peppers!! I haven't seen those in ages. Thanx redstreak!
rhucko1
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
126 Posts

Profile of rhucko1
The Amazing thing about a Fourish is that it can make a simple trick look even better. It is something that gives instant amazement and satisfaction. Makes someone look very skillfull and is a great attention grabber.
I think certain people like to sit back and watch flourishes, while others like to see tricks more.
"Card experts agree that the colour change, or transformation, is one of the most magical effects possible with a pack of cards."
- Dai Vernon's Tribute to Nate Leipzig by Lewis Ganson & Dai Vernon
Babymagician
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Babymagician
I always begin with some nice flourishes.
After that I let them hold the deck and I to a trick while the deck is in their hands....
It just kills!
Dawai
View Profile
Regular user
Honolulu,Hawaii
131 Posts

Profile of Dawai
By doing Card flourishes. Its a great way to met other people they seem to come up to you and just start asking question about you and what you can do.
Shinorason
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Shinorason
My fan routein draws different people's attention as it continues, thumb fan-> one hand fan for each hand-> big one handed hand-> flipback fan-> one hand fan + flipback fan-> pressure fan-> birdy fan w/ different throws and catches -> finally... Heavens Display. But when it comes to magic tricks I can onli do some monte and ambisous card Smile
skillz
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of skillz
When I want all eyes on me even magi, I will do caps stuff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Card flourishes always catch people's attention (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL