The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busker Vs Cop in Florida (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Better Do What They Told Ya.
A guy gives him a tip in the middle of the chaos.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Awesome.

Had a similar confrontation with some rent-a-cops when I busked the downtown festival around the 4th of July this year... stood up to them like this guy and kept right on busking!

I was on private property, not the city's and have direct permission from the business owner to busk there anytime. Never been hassled by the cops, their station is right around the corner and I've had them tip me during shows...

Good for him for standing up for his rights!
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
Meanwhile back in the state republic of Quebec......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR_kG_NzUqU&feature=relmfu

Things didn't quite work out so well for the busker, standing up for his rights(?)

Nel
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1419 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Quote:
On 2012-09-06 21:32, Stperformer wrote:
Meanwhile back in the state republic of Quebec......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR_kG_NzUqU&feature=relmfu

Things didn't quite work out so well for the busker, standing up for his rights(?)

Nel

La Surety du Quebec is at it again. This performer must be very versatile as he now has to perform an Escape Act in order to continue his busking. What a shame that the Gendarmes had nothing better to do than to arrest this man.

RAy
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2746 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I don't get it. If "burritoville" didn't call the cops, what does it matter what a store across the street does?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1172 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On 2012-09-07 12:30, ed rhodes wrote:
I don't get it. If "burritoville" didn't call the cops, what does it matter what a store across the street does?

From what I could catch, the store across the street called to complain about the noise level: decibel level was too high. If you click on the #2 video to the right, they filmed the guy going into the store and complaining about being complained about...he doesn't do much to endear himself to them.

While I admire him for standing up for his rights, and if in the right legally, great. But I could see how that amplified bass could carry and be annoying as hell. Like a car with big woofers cranking the songs. Willing to bet he was in violation of noise ordance.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2746 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Fair enough. Didn't think of that. Thanks.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
380 Posts

Profile of atucci
Better do what they say. In central & northern Florida, the police think the film "Cool Hand Luke" is an instructional video.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1781 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Sorry but the guy in Quebec is an idiot, I do not care how right you are you do not pick up a cop and carry him over your shoulder, that is just plain stupid. As for the busker in Florida I sent the DEl Sol shop an email advising them due to inability to embrace and even harass the local talent I will not be shopping with them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busker Vs Cop in Florida (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL