The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Element 80 by Precept magic review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Element 80 by Precept magic

The description-
Element 80 gives you the ability to manipulate metal instantly. You can mangle a fork, twist a key, or bend a quarter with spectators watching closely as you perform this amazing feat of strength! If that isn’t unbelievable enough, Element 80 allows you to do this cleanly and within seconds with virtually no effort and can be reset and done over and over again. The magician uses regular objects that can be given to the spectator to take home after the effect has been performed.

The gimmick is a single gimmick that is very user friendly & sturdy, it should last you a long time.

I bend keys every time I perform, the idea of being able to twist a key sounded like a good addition to my existing routine.
I bought an Element 80 second hand, the post office made sure I did not get the DVD or the hold out, just the gimmick.
I contacted the folks at Precept magic & they took care of me to make sure I had what I needed at a fair price.
Thank you for providing customer service to a second hand buyer(most dealers flat out refuse to)

While this is being sold as an all-purpose bender, there are a few things that need to be gone over.
The main focus of the DVD is fork bending, I think those who already do fork bending will like this. It makes doing the bends fairly easy. I know one of the common problems that many people have with fork bending is building up the hand strength to do some of the tine bends.
I would definitely recommend this for fork bending enthusiasts.

Key twisting is briefly covered on the DVD, I feel there should have been much more detail about this, it is discussed for less than 2 minutes.
I went through about 70 keys learning the inside out of using this device for twisting keys & this is what I learned-
*Not all keys will fit in the gimmick
*Some keys, the teeth will break off before you can get the twist in the key
*Some keys will actually tear during the twisting process
I would suggest testing all the keys you are going to use & get used to how they work with the device (brass keys work really well).
If you bend keys & want to add a nice twist (sorry, couldn’t resist), I highly recommend this. Please do test out the keys you are going to use & get used to them.

When I first heard about this device, I was very excited for the key twist. When I read you could also bend coins, I was pretty excited!

Unfortunately, I cannot really recommend it for a real time coin bend.
It really comes down to a matter of hand strength; the creator Jason Reed has some mighty powerful hands & has little difficulty putting bends in coins. I have good hand strength, I use what is basically the same technique with another gimmick to bend keys & I had great difficulty bending even a dime. Jason does say on the DVD that you will not be able to bend coins right out of the box & it will take time to build up the hand strength.

Many people will simply not be able to use this as a coin bender; others will have to devote the time to practicing to get the strength built up in your hands.

For keys & forks, this thing is great!

There is an optional hold out you can get for $29.95, WAY overpriced for what it is. All I will say is it is a type of static hold out, not much to it.

I do recommend this for keys & forks, but coins will take some work.

Thanks,
Mike
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

No one else has this?

I'm curious to hear someone else's opinion on this item.

Mike
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Good review Mike, thanks. Link below for website and demo.

http://www.preceptmagic.com/product/element-80
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Michael looks cool - great review.

I didn't see however in your review as to whether there was anything to ditch.... and how well the gimmick is hidden as part of the routine.

Most of us know how well a QB2 hides in plain sight - how is this gimmick in terms of being hidden in plain sight and then is the ditch natural in your view?

Thanks in advance.

BRETT
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Hi Brett,
I was trying to not be too obvious about the gimmick,it is very easy to handle.

It is pretty much invisible when handled properly.

Ditching the gimmick is no problem,with or without the holdout.

It's a very simple little device.

I hope this helps,
Mike
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Thanks for the review, Mike.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

You are most welcome!

Mike
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

I took this out for a spin the other night,I do a 2 key bending routine with Flexion(which is a KILLER!).
I added Element 80 to put a twist in the second key & it got some fantastic reactions,people really freaked out.

Mike
REColeman
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of REColeman
Just wanted to let everyone know that the hold out comes with the system for no addiditonal charge
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-09-18 04:09, REColeman wrote:
Just wanted to let everyone know that the hold out comes with the system for no addiditonal charge

I did not know that it came with the gimmick,I saw it advertised separately on the website.

I did Element 80 table hopping this past weekend & their were a couple times that people focused on their twisted,bent keys so much,they hardly paid attention to the rest of my set.

Mike
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2012-09-18 12:22, Michael Peterson wrote:
I did Element 80 table hopping this past weekend & their were a couple times that people focused on their twisted,bent keys so much,they hardly paid attention to the rest of my set.

They were probably were too busy trying to figure out how they were going to unlock the front door when they got home Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-09-12 14:51, Michael Peterson wrote:
Hi Brett,
I was trying to not be too obvious about the gimmick,it is very easy to handle.

It is pretty much invisible when handled properly.

Ditching the gimmick is no problem,with or without the holdout.

It's a very simple little device.

I hope this helps,
Mike

Thanks so much Mike
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

You are most welcome Brett!

Mike
REColeman
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of REColeman
We are proud to announce that Element 80 has officially been released. Check you local or online shops
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Michael Peterson, thanks for such a detailed review!
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

You are most welcome,I just hope others read it before buying.

Mike
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I have to agree with most points that Michael has brought up. I did receive this at no charge in exchange for an honest review. I did not receive the dvd, but I don't think there would be much to help with the coin bend as I will soon discuss.

For coin bends, it's just not something that most people will be able to use if they do not have really really great hand strength, as the leverage just isn't there. If you do have the hand strength, this may work well for you. As for key bending, I didn't have much luck at all. I have a big zip lock back 1/2 full of various styles of keys and only found about 2 that worked. For me, that just doesn't work and is too much trouble to go and find those exact keys to perform it. As for design of the bender? hmmmmm, it's unique, but just won't fit my style to cover angles as it's a bit long to comfortably conceal without too much attention put on concealing it. I didn't recieve the hold out, but knowing that it normally comes with it is a plus. This is my .02 but your mileage may vary.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
REColeman
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of REColeman
I would like to know who sent you our device with out any of the other items that it comes with? I think having the video would have changed some of your opinion
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

I personally don't feel the video would have changed his opinion much since it focuses mainly on the fork bending.

The key twisting is good,with the proper keys.Not enough detail was gone in to about this.

The coin bending is not something your average person will be able to do.
I'm 6'4" 240 lbs. & I do a lot of key bending,I can't get much of a bend in a coin without really straining myself.

It's great for keys & forks,not so much for coins in my opinion.

Element 80 is now a part of my working repertoire,the key twist gets fantastic reactions.

Mike
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I got this last week and just LOVE it! This is very good. I think the gimmick works great and with what comes with it can be easily dichted or retrieved. There is so much you can do for misdirection with metal bending that obtaining and ditching the gimmick is super easy. Now, the coin is a little more difficult but still works good. After bending the coin for a week or so you will be fine. The instructions on the DVD are pretty good. Not great or very good, but Jason does an OK job in describing everything. If your into metal bending then I feel E80 is super- easily portable, concealed until you need it and can make it look like you can do miracles in bending!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Element 80 by Precept magic review (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL