The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sugar by Cody Nottingham (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
This has to be one of the 'sweetest' things we've seen in a while!

Cody Nottingham brings you one of the most visual coin in sugar packets ever devised! Sugar allows you to take a signed borrowed coin and toss it into a SEALED sugar packet. With absolutely no funny moves the sugar is opened and poured out with the coin INSIDE the packet. Sugar is as sweet as it gets!

Check out the demo of this and see just how clever Cody is. http://magicplace.com/product/sugar

MP
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
We want you to see just how 'sweet' Sugar is so the next 3 people that drop us a PM with their name and e-mail address will get a FREE review copy.

Good luck!

MP
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4986 Posts

Profile of RNK
Pmd you
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
Wow, you guys are quick! We've e-mailed our team to send out the 3 review copies of Sugar. We can't wait to hear what you guys think!

MP
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4986 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ok. I just watched the demo video and explanation video. I Pm'd a few questions to Magicplace. Before I post a review I would like these questions answered.

RNK
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4986 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ok. I sent questions to Magic Place, I see they have opened my PM but I have not received a response yet. I will wait a little longer to see if I get a response. If I do not get a response I will post my review tomorrow.

RNK
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4986 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well, I'm a little confused. The demo Magic Place is showing in their first post for this is not the demo they sent me. If you like the demo in the first post- then I would say for $4.95- go ahead and buy it if you can't figure out how it's done after viewing the vid. The preperation is very simple. But- there is another demo that I saw which doesn't show the coin being tossed in the packet. IMO- I like the demo that doesn't throw the coin in the packet- the magician vanishes the coin- shows his hands empty- starts to open the packet just a little bit but then gives the packet to the spec to open and pour out. This version looks much cleaner IMO. You cannot let the spec open and pour out the sugar and coin in Cody's version.

If I get any response, I will post more later.

RNK
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I get a blank area where the demo should be. Is the demo there?
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
889 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
I have only seen one demo for Sugar... If you have a link to the 'other' demo, please post here.
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
Zombie, which browser are you using? We've checked the demo for Sugar on several browsers already and the video seems to be playing just fine.

MP
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4986 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-09-12 14:47, Sean Fields wrote:
I have only seen one demo for Sugar... If you have a link to the 'other' demo, please post here.

Here is the link: This one is called "Sugar Coin" and says it sells for $1.99.

http://www.magicplace.com/product/sugar-coin

Love, Peace and Chicken Grease!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-12 14:52, magicplace wrote:
Zombie, which browser are you using? We've checked the demo for Sugar on several browsers already and the video seems to be playing just fine.

MP

Safari...but now the demo is there. lol.

Looks very good! Best of luck with your release!
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
RNK,

The team sent out the wrong link to watch the performance of Sugar. The correct link is http://magicplace.com/product/sugar

The other trick is completely different and uses a totally different method than the one used in Sugar.

We apologize for any confusion!

MP
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4986 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ok. I just saw the video demo for "Sugar". I think Magic Place emailed me the wrong effect. The one I saw is called "Sugar Coin". Though, I must say I like the demo performance for "Sugar". As I stated earlier- the method will take a little practice to get it down smoothly but nothing knuckle busting. Again, if you like the demo then I would give this a try. $4.95, not a bad price for this effect. I like how the coin instantly vanishes into the sugar packet.

RNK
"Love,Peace and Chicken Grease!"
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4986 Posts

Profile of RNK
BTW- Magic Place did get back to me and explained that the wrong demo video was sent to me. They were very helpful and answered all questions I had.

RNK
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1151 Posts

Profile of APC
I also got a look at this. I haven't had a chance to make up the gimmick (super easy), so I don't know how knacky the "move" is. It seems pretty straight forward though and should look just like the demo. The angles are mostly just straight on (they could be to one side, but they wouldn't see much of the effect), but the vanish does look nice. The packet cannot be examined at the end, but I don't think that is an issue at all. Crumple it up and no one will ask to look it. One concern is where to perform this, as you need a place to pour out the sugar.

The video is shot with a webcam and the quality suffices for what is needed. The teaching is fine and for the price, this is a neat little effect.
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Hey guys,
I have had the pleasure of jamming with Cody on this effect and I can say that it is one of my favorite effects to do that gives an impromptu feel. while it is not necessarily impromptu, the organic feel makes this effect very strong while you are at a restaurant or diner. angle wise, its pretty straight on and safe to perform liberally with people at your sides because your hands naturally cover any issues you would have.

hope you guys pick this up, and enjoy it

Mark Calabrese
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4986 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-09-13 13:18, jf4viva wrote:
Hey guys,
I have had the pleasure of jamming with Cody on this effect and I can say that it is one of my favorite effects to do that gives an impromptu feel. while it is not necessarily impromptu, the organic feel makes this effect very strong while you are at a restaurant or diner. angle wise, its pretty straight on and safe to perform liberally with people at your sides because your hands naturally cover any issues you would have.

hope you guys pick this up, and enjoy it

Mark Calabrese

I have to say that there is one bad angle. If you are holding the sugar packet in the left hand you would not want anybody to the right side of you while tossing the coin at the sugar packet.

RNK
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
977 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Cody is a really smart guy and I can't wait until this weekend when we release his next effect called Leap. Sugar is simplicity at its best and the perfect effect to perform in a restaurant setting. I'm sure we'll be hearing much more about Cody Nottingham in the years to come Smile
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Disclaimer.
I did get a review copy
Sorry about the long wait but was away and didn't have time to actually use it in the real world.
The set up is VERY easy and shouldn't take but a minute to do it.
I personally like a different kind of vanish instead of the throw into the pack as I'm a little clumsy and hate to miss..lol

The final showing of the coin is priceless.

I was at a friends birthday party last night and of course with the cake came "Coffee" and of course I brought a bunch of sugar packs saying I like using them in my coffee.

Was good because a couple of other people also used a couple of the packs in their coffee as well.
After a few minutes I said, hey, you ever see anything like this before?

I had the birthday lady sign the coin, I actually did a french drop dissapearance and then opened the already made up sugar packn and let the coin drop in her opened hand.....Let me tell you I didn't think this sophiscated lady knew the words that came out of her mouth, "priceless"

Don
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sugar by Cody Nottingham (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL