The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » I have committed - Just bought 1-3/4" White Fakini Set - New Act Imminent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of noland
Levent's dvd entitled "Ultimate Guide to Billiard Balls" is a comprehensive treatise on billiard ball manipulations, and quite outstanding.
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
920 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
Yes, he is out of town for the next 10 days though, so anything ordered will be shipped on the 24th. When he gets back I will be ordering.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Tim "Skilldini" Wright is from the Toledo, Ohio area and knew Frank "Fakini" Radtke very well also. Tim is a very funny and very talented performer who is credited with creating the now popular repeat balls-to-pocket sequence.

The references cited by Andy (the Tim Wright DVD and the Bill Tarr book) are excellent resources, as well as the Levent DVD (which is VERY thorough - 3 discs long!). There is also the Jeff McBride World Class Manipulation Vols. 1-3 DVD set, which covers billiard balls, coins and thimbles - another of the best references out there.

You can also find routines in the following books, and these are just a few off the top of my head from my personal library:
Greater Magic by John Northern Hilliard
The Tarbell Course Vol. 2
Garcia's Billard Balls by Frank Garcia

Encyclopedie des Boules Billard Vols. 1-2 by Zum Pocco (This set is in French and is VERY thorough.)
The Principles and Deceptions of Arthur Buckley
Routine Manipulation Vols. 1-2 by Lewis Ganson
It's Easier Than You Think Vols. 1-3 by Geoffrey Buckingham
Billiard Ball Manipulation by Burling Hull
The Magic of Alan Wakeling by Jim Steinmeyer

And some more DVDs with billiard manipulations on them:

Expert Card and Billiard Manipulation by Romaine
Manipulation Without Tears by Jeff McBride
The Greater Magic Video Library Vol. 3 - Shimada Manipulation (Just for reference, that would be Hiro Shimada, father of magician Luna Shimada)
The Greater Magic Video Library Vol. 27 - Richard Ross
The Basics of Expert Billiard Ball and Thimble Manipulation by Brad Burt
Geoffrey Buckingham Magic and Manipulation

That is all I can think of at the moment, but there are more out there. I hope this information is useful to you.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2012-09-14 17:55, Gr8gorilla wrote:
Yes, he is out of town for the next 10 days though, so anything ordered will be shipped on the 24th. When he gets back I will be ordering.

Unless that fact has been explicitly stated, he has a warehouse staff that usually handles orders and shipments when he is out of town. You should be able to order it and have it in short order.
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
920 Posts

I went to his website and it said that "LeventMagic.com is on vacation from September 14 - September 24. Any orders placed during those days will shipped upon our return on September 25." It is very similar to that if not exact.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
I have a set of 2" white fakinis. 2 shells. 1 extra red ball and a ball dropper that I'm willing to sell for $325.00
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2012-09-14 23:49, IDOTRIX wrote:
I have a set of 2" white fakinis. 2 shells. 1 extra red ball and a ball dropper that I'm willing to sell for $325.00

You may get a better response to this if you post it in the Tricks & Effects For Sale or Trade section of the Café, found here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......=76&2773
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Thanks Doc.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Quote:
On 2012-09-13 14:18, Gr8gorilla wrote:
I ordered these from Tannen's.

Nice Balls Shaun!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
920 Posts

I am soooooo glad you like them. When I come to see you next year will you play with them?
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2012-09-14 23:42, Gr8gorilla wrote:
I went to his website and it said that "LeventMagic.com is on vacation from September 14 - September 24. Any orders placed during those days will shipped upon our return on September 25." It is very similar to that if not exact.

Now I see it - I missed it before! In this case I think the whole crew is on vacation. Well deserved if that is the case - they are great people and very easy to work with.
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
920 Posts

I also just discovered Lybrary.com. This is a great source for digital copies of hard to find books. Lewis Ganson Routined Manipulation Vol 2 is like $7.00 and it is an instant download.

I like to start with books and practice on my own then go to DVD's to get what I didn't already understand.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Yes, lybrary.com is a most excellent resource. There are lots of other great classics available on there, including some of the books I reference earlier in this thread.
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
920 Posts

Did I mention that I have managed to get each hand doing the finger roll? It is not as fast as I would like but it will be. So I am making good progress.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » I have committed - Just bought 1-3/4" White Fakini Set - New Act Imminent (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL