The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Glass Eating (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Interesting link to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5LXPzXDtl0&feature=player_embedded#!

I liked the sand idea at the end!
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4448 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I was with him up to the sand then I thought ...... That's just gross!!!!

An interesting show. I wonder how much he takes. I'd give him a decent tip.

Thought the filming was rubbish, and the woman who was filming her comment summed things up (and did not give the guy enough credit). It's a guy eating some glass!
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
David Blaine did something similar at the Richmond Forum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyACwQCtr......embedded
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4448 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Couldn't stand to listen to him ..... Volume down and skip ..... Yep he ate glass. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Maybe I should listen to it ...... But is it worth investing the 6 minutes?
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2012-09-11 15:51, dave_matkin wrote:
Couldn't stand to listen to him ..... Volume down and skip ..... Yep he ate glass. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Maybe I should listen to it ...... But is it worth investing the 6 minutes?

I enjoyed this interview and found Mr. Blaine to be charming, witty and an excellent raconteur.

Like all things in life, your kilometrage may vary.
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4448 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Ok I will give it a listen but if this turns out to be an early April Fools jest you'll be in for a game of ,..... What ever the game is called where you kick each other in the nads .... And I am going first!!

Name that game...
Zagam
View Profile
New user
Silver Spring, Maryland
64 Posts

Profile of Zagam
Huh. I read on the Internet that you're supposed to eat bananas with glass.

The game is called roshambo. At least around here.
And if you'll indulge me, I have a joke that this puts me in mind of;

A big city lawyer went duck hunting. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked the lawyer what he was doing. The lawyer responded, "I shot a duck and it fell into this field, and now I'm going to retrieve it." The old farmer replied. "This is my property, and your not coming over here." The indignant lawyer replied. "I'm one of the best trial lawyers around, and if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything that you own. The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things in these parts. We settle small disagreements like this, with the Three Kick Rule." The lawyer asked, "What is the Three Kick Rule?" The farmer replied, "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth until someone gives up." The lawyer quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom. The old farmer slowly gets down from the tractor and walked up to the city fella. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the lawyer's groin, which dropped him to his knees. His second kick nearly ripped the nose off his face. The lawyer was flat on his belly, when the farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly causing him to give up, but didn't. The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet and said, "Okay, now it's my turn." The old farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up, You can keep the duck!"
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4448 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Lol or ALAMO or whatever the TLA is for peaing myself with laughter.

Thanks .... Got the name and a great joke!
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Profile of Eric the Excellent
I wonder how many times a day he can do that act... I'll bet that sand and glass fill you up quickly!
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
The funny thing is, when I eat glass, I enjoy the texture, the popping, and the resultant glass "crumbs" to crunch on during the day. Tell me why when I get a grain of sand in my mouth I freak? Especially in a sandwich while eating lunch at the beach....

Banana? I assume that is someone who "assumes" that you need something to bind with the glass. Completely uneccesary, and dumb as well. Especially if you plan on eating the entire banana, then drink a 20 oz bottle of Sprite..... don't believe me? Try it and tell me what happens.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4448 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Errrggghhh banana! Not going to try it I hate bananas! I'll get the kids to try it.

I'm surprised they let him do it on the beach ..... A lot of places won't let you look at the beach with a glass in your hand let alone take one on to it. And in a year or two (thousand) the beach will be in danger of disappearing.
Zagam
View Profile
New user
Silver Spring, Maryland
64 Posts

Profile of Zagam
Yeah, I'm guessing the banana is to "bind up the glass and coat your stomach". After searching for a while on the subject I learned the Internet can be a very dangerous place for those with little or no common sense. On the other hand I can point to info like this with my kids and say "this is why you come to me before doing anything you researched online".

I'll do the banana and Sprite thing, and even video it, but you gotta do the heaping table spoon of cinnamon thing.
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Well, you can't just eat a banana. It's got to be a peanut butter and banana sandwich. And drink a fifth of whisky. That's how you do it. Or you could just eat prunes and drink gatorade. It does the same thing. Does anyone else smell gas?
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
I have a special method for glass eating, I may consider to publish it soon...
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2908 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Bobby Reynolds is right. Prostitution and the sideshow...two things that have been ruined by amateurs.
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Quote:
On 2012-09-13 07:20, Todd Robbins wrote:
Bobby Reynolds is right. Prostitution and the sideshow...two things that have been ruined by amateurs.

Nice point Mr.Robbins!!!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4448 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
It's amazing how we got on to prostitutes .......(double en tendra there ).......

Well I guess it was a bit obvious ...... Glass eating .... To sand ...... Sand to banana .......bananas are peled into 4 lots of skin ...... Prostitutes ...... ET bananas. Logical
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Dave, do you know who Bobby Reynolds is?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Dave might think he is Burt Reynolds older brother.....

Along with the bananas and Sprite (vomit)
.............tablespoon of cinnamon (cough up everything)
.............Cacao challenge (try to eat an entire bar of 95%)
.............gallon of milk chug (vomit)
.............now try to stick your elbow in your ear.

1908, who are you (other than the year my forefathers came to America)? And I'm very interested to see what you plan on "publishing".
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone present glass eating exactly like Blaine did in that clip. David Blaine you are a trailblazer.

I enjoy the uncomfortable feeling I get watching him. Like he really doesn't know what he's doing and he makes the illusion complete with excuses as to why it didn't go off as planned.

Another winner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSyy07lNWug&feature=related

DD

PS. I hear he trains for months to pull off these stunts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Glass Eating (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL