The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Paper Lunch Bag, Paper Cups, Paper Balls, Paper Final Loads… (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Does such a routine exist?

I am working on a routine in which, after the final loads (which are paper-based Origami animals), all the materials, with the exception of the Origami final loads, are ripped in halves.

The Origami animals are given away...
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
FatHatter
View Profile
Regular user
I'm here you're there and that's that.
137 Posts

Profile of FatHatter
Not to my extremely limited knowledge of C&B history but sounds really cool, inexpensive, lightweight, unencumbered, and easily acquired. Love stuff like that!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8514 Posts

Profile of funsway
Check out "FoldCup" -- the Chop-Like cup is constructed out of paper "on the fly" and uses crumpled paper balls, but could use your animals as well. It's "mechanism" is self contained and part of the construction -- no gimmicks. Can be handed out or destroyed at the end. Many unique effects are possible. Inspired by a conversation with Bill Palmer several years ago.

check eversway.com or PM me
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Paul Harris does a chop cup routine with a paper bag and paper ball, in AOA vol.1 The Bayberry Bag Swindle.

I wonder if you had a cup made of flash paper, and ignited it to reveal the folded origami, if it would look like a transformation....
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2711 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I was going to mention Bayberry Bag Swindle as well. It was first published in The Magic Of Paul Harris written by Jerry Mentzer. I performed in the contest held at the Desert Magic Seminar in 1982. That and Scotty York's Surprise Stab.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
I was just told that "The Uncanny Scot" has a (Chopped?) paper cup routine.

Has anyone seen it?

with thanks,
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Paper Lunch Bag, Paper Cups, Paper Balls, Paper Final Loads… (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL