The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Touche' by Steve Dusheck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
I missed an ebay sale of Touche' by Dusheck. I'm not sure I know what it is, looks similar to C/S/B. I did a quick google search and found nothing. Is this still available as a new product? I should have jumped on it...
Kelvin
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1938 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On 2012-09-11 16:30, kcquinn50 wrote:
I missed an ebay sale of Touche' by Dusheck. I'm not sure I know what it is, looks similar to C/S/B. I did a quick google search and found nothing. Is this still available as a new product? I should have jumped on it...

I doubt you can find it as a new product from a mainstream vendor, but there might be some "new old stock" hiding out there somewhere.

It's not a C/S/B effect, from the original instructions:

A Chinese coin changes into a half dollar, then back to a Chinese coin. "Clink!" Oops.... Two coins! YES!! Open your hand to reveal an English Penny and a brass washer and hand them out for examination.
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
271 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Hoping to revive another old Thread. I believe part of this same gimmick was available as "Washout". Not sure if it is the same. You put the washer over the half and a penny or a dime magically pops out. So the half is gimmicked and there is a m****t in the washer. Has anyone seen either of these available other than somehow catching an ebay sale?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
1938 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I've had both for decades. They just happen to both use washers.
Totally different workings from each other and from what you described. There are no magnets.
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
271 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Ok. Thank you. I just noticed they both use a very unique ribbed washer, though I understand some versions had no ribs. There was an insert in the Kennedy half, it must be a different mechanism to dislodge it. Do you favor one over the other? I assume this is an item only purchased used?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
1938 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Dusheck's washers were all "ribbed" as you say. I'm not 100% certain but I think any of his effects you find with other washer styles are likely unauthorized ripoffs, and man he was ripped off a lot, so obviously I favor the originals.

If you were asking if I favor Touche over Washout, they're two very different effects. I like both but for different reasons.

As I said above, I doubt you can find them as a new product from a mainstream vendor, but there might be some "new old stock" hiding out there somewhere.

They do turn up for sale second hand periodically.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Touche' by Steve Dusheck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL