The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Ye Olde Magick Blogge? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
Hi Vlad I think you got it all wrong. I'm not Larry Horane. I only have that blog on my blog roll. Also, I didn't make any statement regarding the apology of Steven Youell.
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2012-09-15 19:16, Roland Henning wrote:
Also, I didn't make any statement regarding the apology of Steven Youell.

Not here you didn't. But on your blog you wrote:

"He spent more time attacking Andrew again, then apologizing. Sad!"

SEY
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
One more thing. I predict that in the next few weeks/months, there will be a barrage of attacks from all three of these bloggers and probably other "anonymous" bloggers. Let's see if I'm right.

SEY
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1211 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
I guess now wouldn't be a good time to link to a clip from my new video "Innocence of Marlo", or would it?

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
uhrenschmied
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of uhrenschmied
Quote:
On 2012-09-16 19:30, Steven Youell wrote:
One more thing. I predict that in the next few weeks/months, there will be a barrage of attacks from all three of these bloggers and probably other "anonymous" bloggers. Let's see if I'm right.

SEY

For somebody using an anonymous blog to make unfounded accusations against somebody, to claim the moral highground is, say, saucy.
As for your apology, it reads as sincere as the workers pledge.

Regards,
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Saucy! I love it!!
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
necro555
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of necro555
Quote:
On 2012-09-15 09:18, Vlad_77 wrote:

I am FED UP with this ***T!!!!!!! So you know what, either have the GUTS and GRACE to accept Steven's apology and try to mend some fences where they can be mended or STHU!!! GROW UP AND GROW A PAIR.

Vlad_77 (got that Roland? Not Vlad_69)

Have the guts to accept an apology that wasn't really an apology? I guess I still have some growing up to do then.
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
Here is what I learned from the blogs:

Card magic is no good.

Coin magic is a little better than card magic but still no good.

Steven Youell is no good.

People who like Mr. Youell are no good.

Wesley James is no good.

Richard Kaufman is no good.

So, after being enlightened by this wisdom, I believed there was nothing else to learn and quit reading blogs.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
381 Posts

Profile of Vincero
Quote:

For somebody using an anonymous blog to make unfounded accusations against somebody, to claim the moral highground is, say, saucy.
As for your apology, it reads as sincere as the workers pledge.

Regards,

Actually, I think you'll find that this one goes both ways.

The abuse has been bandied about across both "sides" for god knows how long. Too long. Thankfully, I'm not privy to the precise details, but from what I can gather, it seems like SEY has been on the receiving end of pretty much the same kind of abuse he was dishing out under the Lukins alias. Including the insinuation(s) of paedophilia. So again: this "moral high ground" business goes both ways.
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
Furniture
View Profile
Elite user
London
415 Posts

Profile of Furniture
Quote:
On 2012-09-16 19:30, Steven Youell wrote:

SEY

It is not a smart bet to bet on these things. If you are wrong, that means that there are no attacks, and you lose the bet; but if you are right, you still lose because there has been a "barrage" of attacks.
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2012-09-17 18:43, Furniture wrote:
It is not a smart bet to bet on these things. If you are wrong, that means that there are no attacks, and you lose the bet; but if you are right, you still lose because there has been a "barrage" of attacks.

That's OK. I think I'm at the point now where I don't have anything left to lose. I made the decisions that led up to this. I'm responsible for them. Whatever comes, it's my responsibility. Had I just ignored the things that I perceived as attacks over the last few years things would have been much more different.

But I didn't. And they aren't. My fault, my mistakes and my choices created the place I'm in now.
I change things and I can't fix them. So... I'll take option D.
uhrenschmied
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of uhrenschmied
Quote:
On 2012-09-17 17:35, Vincero wrote:

Actually, I think you'll find that this one goes both ways.

The abuse has been bandied about across both "sides" for god knows how long. Too long. Thankfully, I'm not privy to the precise details, but from what I can gather, it seems like SEY has been on the receiving end of pretty much the same kind of abuse he was dishing out under the Lukins alias. Including the insinuation(s) of paedophilia. So again: this "moral high ground" business goes both ways.

Please quote where Andrew, Roland or the Mule mentioned paedophilia in regards of Mr. Youell. As far as I know Mr. Youell does not claim this.

Regards,
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1104 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On 2012-09-14 14:19, Steven Youell wrote:
Here is my answer.

I'll be in a Bomb Shelter for a while.

SEY

I'm disgusted.
Mr Youell, you can erase my name from your "new project" (I think you know what I am talking about).

Marco Lippolis

P.S.: I'll say it again. I miss The Olde Blogge. I really hope it will be back one day.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
It saddens me when I read threads like this. I do not know any of the individuals in question, but I do know that the internet provides an indelible method for killing a reputation or a career.

I have known a lot of magicians in my life. Some of them are amazing professionals, but most of them are just hobbyists who practice and (sometimes) perform simply for the love of magic. All of them share this love. I admire the card guy who uses a beat-up deck of cards because he struggles to make ends meet just as much as I admire the illusionist with a full-blown Vegas-style show who doesn't have to worry where his next meal will come from.

I have never invented a trick (or even a "move", for that matter). My name is not dropped by other magicians. I love to read books written by others. I love to build from plans drawn by others. I love to routine using effects created by others. I love to watch performances done by others. I do not like everything I see. There are many well-known magicians whose performances I don't care for. Regardless, I recognize their abilities and their love for magic, and I would never trash them on a public forum.

We are such a small community. If we don't respect one another, we can't expect anyone else to respect us.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
556 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
I hope that everyone can just take a step back and take a look at the whole situation, and just move forward. I'm all for critiquing someone's work and giving an honest assessment but I'll still go with what I said earlier, blogs or posts singling out an individual person and attacking them do no good.

As much as I don't care for the way that some of the things are handled on the blogs, I appreciate that they provide an alternative perspective. I'd go about it differently than Roland does, but I still appreciate the passion he has. And at least from what I read on his site earlier this week, I didn't find any personal attacks. I hope that Andrew's blog will come back as well.

As for Steven's apology, I do think the one he just posted was sincere. Hopefully the recipients can find it in themselves to forgive but that's their choice. What ever the case I think we should be sensitive to Steven's condition.

Quote:
On 2012-09-18 11:17, ClintonMagus wrote:
We are such a small community. If we don't respect one another, we can't expect anyone else to respect us.

*fist bumps*
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of nooner
Very, very(!) positive post Doug. Reminds me of a passage by Carl Sagan called Pale Blue Dot. Really makes all the internet vitriol seem rather insignificant and wasteful. If you aren't familiar with the segment, give it a watch and (hopefully) be humbled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1211 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Quote:
On 2012-09-20 20:01, Dougini wrote:

What is the answer?

God.

Seriously, if 'god' is the answer, then you better 'show your work' because you are not helping anyone.

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Wow. What a disgusting group of childish, irresponsible individuals. I don't see that anyone in this story is better than anyone else. Blogs started in order to destroy a person's reputation. Other blogs started to retaliate and infer people are pedophiles. It is the grotesque immaturity of the people in the magic community that has killed any love I ever had for magic. The personal attacks, vitriol, real concerted efforts to not only destroy a person's livelihood but the person themselves. I have NEVER seen one group of individuals who I would less like to know in any way shape or form. for what? You don't like the way a guy teaches a PASS? You've all made me quite ill to my stomach.

Look for all my magic related items to be sold soon. I'm personally ashamed I ever had anything at all to do with magic or magicians.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1211 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
That's the spirit!

A.

Sorry if anyone infered that I was using "spirit" in anything but a secular manner, and sorry for my above post.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
Quote:
I'm personally ashamed I ever had anything at all to do with magic or magicians.

That's why I started my blog.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Ye Olde Magick Blogge? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL