The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Anybody ever perform at dairy queen? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
I have a fairly large and busy dairy queen nearby. I took a break for a year from performing restaurants... Looking for something real close by...
FatHatter
View Profile
Regular user
I'm here you're there and that's that.
137 Posts

Profile of FatHatter
I haven't, and no one else may have, still there are people at that there DQ and geeeeeeeeze why not?
Give it a go, toss it out there, spin the wheel, see what happens.
The worst thing that can happen is the DQ MNG tells you to take a hike and you can get a Dilly Bar to go.
It's a win win in my book.
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
Give it a shot.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I say GO FOR IT!

Quick Story...

Several years ago, Denny's was running a NATIONWIDE KIDS NIGHT where kids eat free. I thought, "why not?" So I went in and 10 minutes later I walked out with a gig! I posted this information here in the Table Hoppers Section and was immediately hit with "why would you want to work at Denny's?" or "is Denny's really the kind of place you want to work in?" The answer was YES! I have no ego when it comes to qualifying a restaurant. If they meet my criteria, then I'm in! They're a client like anyone else.

I was there for about 5 months and then Denny's quit their "kids night" program so I lost the restaurant shortly thereafter. Not a big deal...restaurants will always come and go as many of us know far to well.

So what did I gain from working there?

In the 5 months time I was there, I booked 23 Private Birthday Parties that I can directly link to that gig. I also booked a really big corporate client that books me for his events 4-5 times per year.

So was it worth it? YES IT WAS!

To everyone who said I was an idiot for booking Denny's, well, who's laughing now?

GO FOR IT!
GO FOR IT!

(and keep us posted!) Smile
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
My local Dairy Queen had a magician every Wednesday night this past summer. All it takes is a manager that can see the big picture.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Always go in with the mindset that you are going to close the sale. Never hear "No" and keep moving forward.

GO FOR IT!
Life of Magic!
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
Thanks for your valuable input. At first glance it may seem to simple of a place, but I like several things about it. The clientele that eat at this restaurant will book me for private parties, school shows, company gatherings, and local festivals. In addition, it is very clean, has the great division of spaces to perform within the restaurant, great management and staff, it is very busy with customers, and is within a few miles of the house.

I have worked in 6 restaurants over the last 10 years. The longest duration was three years at one restaurant. I have learned over time that I enjoy performing in restaurants best when I keep it simple, select restaurants that have big continuous crowds (as performance time goes by fast), and I work in a spotless place.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Give it all you've got Jim. What have you got to lose? As FatHatter said in the above post, you can always walk away with a Dilly Bar.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Quote:
On 2012-09-13 13:34, MagicJim wrote:
Thanks for your valuable input. At first glance it may seem to simple of a place, but I like several things about it. The clientele that eat at this restaurant will book me for private parties, school shows, company gatherings, and local festivals. In addition, it is very clean, has the great division of spaces to perform within the restaurant, great management and staff, it is very busy with customers, and is within a few miles of the house.

I have worked in 6 restaurants over the last 10 years. The longest duration was three years at one restaurant. I have learned over time that I enjoy performing in restaurants best when I keep it simple, select restaurants that have big continuous crowds (as performance time goes by fast), and I work in a spotless place.

Sounds like a plan! Good luck with it... Smile
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Fathatter hit it on the head...Dilly Bars! Any place that makes DIlly Bars has got to be a great place...

Go get 'em and good luck
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It Is work. Go for it.

If you are comfortable with it do it. But BE comfortable with it. Own it and be proud of it. Be the absolute but you can.

Good luck.

People come in with the intention of having fun. I bet it becomes cool for ya.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Anybody ever perform at dairy queen? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL