The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Good pass sleights to learn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Acoustical
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Acoustical
I've started learning coin sleight of hand. So far I have down the french drop. I'd like to learn a coin pass so that I can secretly pass the 50 cent coin I'm working with from one hand to the other. Its part of a coin routine I'm kind of drafting in my head. Any suggestions on what I might look into? J.B Bobo's modern coin magic book should be arriving on my doorstep sometime next week if there are some sleights in there anyone would specifically recommend to look at for this. I know his book supposed to be the alltime best for coin work.

Thanks,
Acoustical
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Start learning the FP (Finger Palm) and experimenting with it.

And WELCOME!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Ahhh coin magic...quite honestly the best form of close up magic...the finger palm is a great choice to learn!
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Yep, wait for Bobo's. Everything you need is in it!
Acoustical
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Acoustical
Thanks for the advice guys!

I LOVE THIS FORUM
Acoustical
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Acoustical
Oh! I forgot to mention. Modern Coin Magic finally arrived in the mail today. Wow is it an awesome book! Its like a college level textbook for magicians. I love it. Can't wait to really start digging into it over the next few days and figuring out where I want to go with it.
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
228 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
I wish I would have caught this thread sooner! But since you've already got the 'coin magic bible', here's also an ecopy of it from Google.

http://books.google.com/books?id=4dbLggW0jVEC

Since you are new to coin magic. I HIGHLY recommend that you go through the book cover to cover in order! That how I started. And be sure to give every trick in that book a chance unless, its ones that require gaffs that you may not have on hand. Another thing..., I don't know which version of the book that you have. But I recommend that you hunt down the hardcover copy. The hardcover has some extra stuff that the paperback doesn't have. Good luck man!! If you have any more questions on anything, let me know!

TJ
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea Bobo's Is what I started With! And so do Roth From I hear! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
The Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights is a three volume DVD set that teaches in detail over 100 coin moves on all facets of coin magic. They have stood the test of time, since they came out as videos back in 1985. L&L remastered the originals, and updated the graphics, music, and menu, to make it easy to find what you want. They will teach you both basic and advanced moves, and show you several variations. You will definitely be able to better your coin magic with this set. Available from L&L or your favorite magic dealer. And yes, this is a biased review, as I authored and performed all the moves. But I will tell you that many prominent magicians, such as Reed mcClintock, Giacomo Bertini, Jean Emmanuel Franzis, and many others, started coin magic by learning the material presented.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
^ Yes, Doc's DVDs are essential. Still go through them one a week.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I will have a few On my 2 DVD set when it comes Out! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Good pass sleights to learn (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL