The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movie Scenes That Scared You As A Kid? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Horrors never scared me until I saw Rise and Fall of Idi Amin.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Movies don't scare me as much as government leaders around the world.
Dennis Michael
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:
On 2013-12-01 08:12, Dennis Michael wrote:
Movies don't scare me as much as government leader around the world.

Specially the ones who don't follow any rules or law.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4169 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Ok guys, let's keep this a-political, if you please Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Can anyone identify this movie that scared the hell out of me when I was a kid ?

All I remember was that there was a suitcase, and when anyone opened it there was a bright light came from it, together with a weird horror sound that kind of was like 'AYEEEE, AYEEE, AYEEE'

Scared the shiat out of me ! Never found out the name of it.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The only films I can remember with a glowing briefcase, or similar, were Repo Man, Ronin, Kiss Me Deadly, and Pulp Fiction. Don't recall any sounds coming from them, though.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I just remembered one that scared me as a kid... I was about 6 and spending the night at a friend's house. We watched an episode of "Triller" called, "The Hungry Glass". Some people had moved to a house where ghosts would appear reflected in windows and mirrors. I seem to recall a man being beckoned by a ghost woman through a window and he fell to his death down a large cliff onto some seaside rocks. I just found out it is available on DVD. I'll be looking for that! Apparently, the show was hosted by Boris Karloff.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Yes, Michael. That episode of Thriller was rerun on MeTV just a few weeks ago. It starred William Shatner. The girl in the mirror was played by Donna Douglas, who later became famous as Ellie May Clampett on The Beverly Hillbillies. The story was written by ghost story master Robert Bloch. (Who later wrote Psycho)

And, yes, Boris Karloff was the host of Thriller.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0723102/
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Thanks, Bob! I had just found this. But, Café response time was running slow and I couldn't get it posted until now. I want to see it again (since it has been over 50 years!), just to see how scary it is.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

There's another great Thriller episode involving a mirror. But in that one, it is Cagliostro who is trapped in the glass.
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Quote:
On 2013-12-03 11:41, mastermindreader wrote:
The only films I can remember with a glowing briefcase, or similar, were Repo Man, Ronin, Kiss Me Deadly, and Pulp Fiction. Don't recall any sounds coming from them, though.

Sorry, I should have stated, this would have been in the 50's I think.
Probably too far back for most to remember.
Can't remember if it was B&W or colour, but I think it was colour.

Bobby.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-12-03 12:37, mastermindreader wrote:
There's another great Thriller episode involving a mirror. But in that one, it is Cagliostro who is trapped in the glass.

It's good to find someone who knows the same stuff I remember from so long ago. I tried for years to tell people about that and only got blank stares. I just found this page, which has a drawing of what I clearly remember as the final scene in that show. Scroll down a bit.

I definitely have to buy that DVD!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Yes, that was it. The Prisoner in the Mirror. Excellent story.

Thriller was one of my favorite shows and, like I said, it is rerun in the middle of every weeknight on MeTV. (2AM here in Seattle)
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-12-03 16:26, mastermindreader wrote:
Yes, that was it. The Prisoner in the Mirror. Excellent story.

Thriller was one of my favorite shows and, like I said, it is rerun in the middle of every weeknight on MeTV. (2AM here in Seattle)

I don't get MeTV on my cable. Smile

I vaguely remember the show, but at age 6 in the early 1960s, my parents probably kept me clear of it. Like I said, I was at a friend's house. Even pseudo noir stuff like Highway Patrol and Perry Mason were kind of spooky to me.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

I was about twelve when I first watched Thriller. I remember seeing Boris Karloff play a mentalist in one episode. It was very much like the plot of Night Has a Thousand Eyes with Edward G. Robinson.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Before my time,but when I saw an airing of "Tarantula".
Was about 6,and I always had no fear of spiders & snakes.
Still do not,but that show really scared me for some reason!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1764 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I grew up in South Africa without TV. First time I saw TV was in London while visiting family friends. I was six years old. Everyone went to dinner, and stayed out late. I was left alone in a strange flat. Was supposed to be sleeping, but the TV was on and I watched Marilyn Monroe in "Don't Bother To Knock." Of course I had no idea who she was back then. But her portrayal of a mentally unstable babysitter scared me half to death!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movie Scenes That Scared You As A Kid? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL