The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Coin opener recommendations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Siraldi
View Profile
Regular user
Johnson City, Tennessee
102 Posts

Profile of Siraldi
I use my wand and if there are kids they make the coins jump from one hand to the other one at a time. Or I vanish it and blow on my wand and make it "pop" out the bottom But something I'm contemplaiting getting is a chop cup for a half dollar. It is BEAUTIFUL!
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Coins Across is a standard for me, which then sequeys (how the heck do you spell that?) into Matrix.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2012-10-16 22:55, Ekuth wrote:
. . . sequeys (how the heck do you spell that?) . . . .

"Segues."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
It seems to me that as an opener a coin production would be a natural.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Thanks, S2000. Couldn't remember and was too lazy to spell check.

As a variant, I'll often start with Continous Coins (production) then go into Coins Across (teleportation/transposition), go to Matrix and then vanish the coins using BA lapping or a gravity drop vanish using the silk I started with.

I prefer to arrange my effects in 'closed circles of logic' as it were.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I like to open with coins across because it is not too long; yet long enough to allow me to gauge the table. I can watch reactions and decide who at the table I will ask to assist me in the next effect. I also like that the final stage ends in the Spectator's hand.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
For the people who have a coins across, matrix, etc.. Could you point out to which ones you use so we could research the "worker" material? I'm back in the coin game again and am looking for getting into these effects.
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Out of all the people I talk to for magic the one Coins Across that is constantly mentioned: Jay Sankey's Mr. Clean Coins Across. It's a great routine and a real worker.

The vanish I talked about can be found in plenty of Joshua Jay's material. Method in Magic is the DVD I have from him and it's great. I have used this in a few different settings and it always plays big.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
All three of mine (Continuous Coins, Coins Across and Maxtrix) come straight out of Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic, with small handling changes.

Bobo's is the bible, obviously. Lots of untapped material in there- seems like every time a new coin effect comes out it's either a re-work or a re-hash straight out of this book.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2012-10-17 21:32, smullins wrote:
Out of all the people I talk to for magic the one Coins Across that is constantly mentioned: Jay Sankey's Mr. Clean Coins Across. It's a great routine and a real worker.

The vanish I talked about can be found in plenty of Joshua Jay's material. Method in Magic is the DVD I have from him and it's great. I have used this in a few different settings and it always plays big.

Just remember to watch out if you are standing and they are sitting..! (angles)
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Quote:
On 2012-09-17 22:25, Tony Thomas wrote:
Coins from silk. Pocket silk laid over hand and a coin is produced. This can be repeated two or three times. I like producing two coins and then doing Carl Andrews "World Famous Two Coin Routine". Which is an ungimmicked hopping halfs routine.

After doing your card tricks, you can put them away in a card box. Then produce three coins from the silk. From there go into John Kennedy's Impossible Matrix http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/335

If you keep one of the gimmick cards in the cardbox you can go back to it when you want to do the Matrix. When you are done, steal the extra coin and go into a coin across routine for a finish.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Dishonest Abe and my own "World Famous Two Coin Trick". Check out "Making a living performing close-up magic" and "No Jacket Required" DVD's for great restaurant material and valuable tips.
Dai Hard
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Dai Hard
Carl, I'm going to plug "The Strolling Magician" for you as well. Love your presentation for Crazy Man's Handcuffs and Ring Flight. You were instrumental in forming my fundamental philosophy of magic - HAVE FUN! They should remember you not just for the knock-their-socks-off magic but because they had a really good time while you were there.
Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Using different holdouts, I like to make 4 coins appear one at a time from an object on the table. Then I say, "Well it was your glass so I should put your coins back," and then I return them as they disappear one at a time.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Thanks Dai Hard!
Vayron
View Profile
Loyal user
Belgium
229 Posts

Profile of Vayron
I very often open with a coin routine.

I introduce a piece a flash paper, burn it, first coin appear. Then second and third coin appear. They vanish in the flame.

The last one becomes a jumbo coin. I really like this routine, very visual, quite easy to do and instant reset.
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Special user
i have nothing to say about my
523 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Look into Chris Korn's "The Liptack Sighting" or Mike Eatons "Orlando Opener" (I think it's called that). Both are perfect openers.
MaXiMoN
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
125 Posts

Profile of MaXiMoN
For me it got to be a one coin flash production if I decided to do a (one) coin routine
steveoblair
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of steveoblair
Nailed coin (have a coin stuck to your head take it off and there is a nail that was stuck in your head) also Jay Sankey has a great routine where a button changes to a copper coin then to a silver which he uses as an opener.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Coin opener recommendations (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL