The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Coin opener recommendations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dai Hard
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Dai Hard
Title kind of says it all. If you were going to open a strolling/hopping set with a coin effect, what would it be?
Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Coin in Bottle.
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
I like to do a one coin routine that ends with a jumbo coin.
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Maybe quantum bender or digital dissolve.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
A version of pat page purse frame routine.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Profile of Dimitri Mystery Artist
You just read my mind, I wanted to ask the same!

anyway I do 2 coins routines as openers, questionable trick (greg´s wilson copper silver), one coin routine (coin appears on spectator hand, shoulder,etc).

recently I started to experiment with coins to glass
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
I think it is called flash coins. It is on Chad Long's first VHS tape. He has several pieces of flash paper and candle. He lights the paper and throws the flame into his hand where it lands in his palm as a coin.
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
Coins Across for me - a lot !
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Here's my "Pretty Fly" routine I use as an opener at almost all my venues.

http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-d......tty-fly/
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Michael, the title was perfect for your routine. VERY magical looking. Coin poetry at it's finest!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Dishonest Abe
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-17 01:51, pepka wrote:
Dishonest Abe

I'me sure you kill with it. I picked it up from magicsmith when it first came out ( still have it ) but I never could get get over the top reactions. They liked it, just not gaga over it. All on me, of course. Oh well, we can't all have talent. Darn good trick, too.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I only do it once in a great while. Usually for repeat customers. I think the real key is delaying the jumbo coin. Let them think the dollar size is the effect and then on the offbeat..wham! Another great opener, ( I don't do it but really want to) Eric Jones's production of 3 coins from nothing. Looks like real wizardry.
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
I, often, open a set with a coin routine. I use either Ron Jaxson's "Flip-M-Out", or a mutated version of Gary Kurtz' "Copper/Silver Continuation", or Cody Fisher's "Turtle Coins".
If not coins, I'll open with a sponge routine or the chop cup.
patrick
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Quote:
On 2012-09-17 01:15, Zombie Magic wrote:
Michael, the title was perfect for your routine. VERY magical looking. Coin poetry at it's finest!

Thank you sir ; )
tkuiveuxo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of tkuiveuxo
Im doing a 3 coin production then a coin across routine (based on flying eagles, from Bobo's book) , and finally, a quick, one coin routine, in which I "explain" how I do the coin tricks.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Coins from silk. Pocket silk laid over hand and a coin is produced. This can be repeated two or three times. I like producing two coins and then doing Carl Andrews "World Famous Two Coin Routine". Which is an ungimmicked hopping halfs routine.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
I produce 3 coins and continue with 3 fly , coin cross ... and silver dream for ending if necessary ~ Smile
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
I really like Joshua Jay's handling of the 3 coin vanish. It's a nice opener that can be used for one person or stand-up. Visually pleasing and pretty easy to do.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
I say you do a coin production that produces the coins you need for the routine you want to perform.

As a rule of thumb, I always try to open with a production. I don’t care if its cards, coins, rope. Either magically or comically a production is almost always my opener. My rope production is about as unoriginal as it can get. (I put the rope in a card box, ask if they like card tricks, I say great, were going to do a trick with a piece of rope as I take it out of the card box)
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.deceptionsmke -My Show
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Coin opener recommendations (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL