The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Genni : Same Ol'Flaw,Easy New Fix. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
I just got my Oct. Genni. This the first Genni I've read in about six years. I'm supprised that it still siffers from the same flaw it had back then. The beautiful cover is printed in some kind of water soluable ink. After one reading there is a silver dollar sized stain or smear midway up the right hand side. Now I know what do about it though. The next time one comes in I'll just have to spray it with the lacquer I use on my ink jet prints before I read it.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2506 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
It's the oil from your skin. Most people don't have this problem. It's not printed with water soluble ink.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Thank you for your reply.
Well. I didn't have it with the Larson Genni's, and I've been rereading some of them constantly for fifty years. I have the same problem with some but not all other magazines, Esquire for one.
My graphic art guy says it may be a recyclable soy based ink, not that I would ever recycle a magic magazine.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
My current prediction is that I have
337 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
What is this Genni you speak of?
Magician: Someone willing to spend $15 to learn how to make $1 disappear.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2506 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I own a file of Genii and many of the later Larsen issues from the 1990s suffered from the same problem due to the oily nature of his skin or the skin creme he was using.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6078 Posts

Profile of motown
Time to read with gloves on.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27253 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What is that spray on coating?
been wanting something that works on business cards...
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 21:44, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
What is that spray on coating?
been wanting something that works on business cards...
Careful or you could end up with a deck of rough and smoth business cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Genni : Same Ol'Flaw,Easy New Fix. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL