The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Lycra/Spandex thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pzak97
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Pzak97
Does anyone have a US contact for Lycra thread/yarn?
Regards,

Mike Petryszak
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Hmmm. A thread on THREAD. We have tons of fabric stores in the US. Are you in the states or are you looking for a source for purchasing and shipping to another country?
TH

Occupy Your Dream
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Pzak97
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Pzak97
Atom3339 - I am in the states. I don't mind buying out the country, but I am looking for certain diameters and it helps to be able to call for information.

SgtGrey - do you have any idea how thick this thread is? And Howdy from Houston, Tx
Regards,

Mike Petryszak
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Pzak97 - I don't recall the exact mm thickness (I'd have to check at home), but I do know that I have certified that this is the same thread used in many common gimmicks and is definitely the thinnest and stretchiest I have found. I have tried numerous sources, but this was the jackpot for me. I know it is much thinner than the 0.5mm stretch magic I've tried, so I'd assume somewhere around 0.25-0.3mm? Hope this helps...
Pzak97
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Pzak97
Thanks sgtgrey. I'll give taht a try.
Regards,

Mike Petryszak
Pzak97
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Pzak97
Curious that this was moved to this location since I was looking for materials to make gaff cards.
Regards,

Mike Petryszak
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On 2012-09-26 08:07, Pzak97 wrote:
Curious that this was moved to this location since I was looking for materials to make gaff cards.

Likely because you are asking about things related to thread and the folks who are likely knowledgable about your question probably frequent this forum. Hopefully you'll ge tthe answers you are seeking from one of the readers here.

Best of luck,

David
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Are you guys using this as a form of IT? I frequently break IT and am looking for something stronger for my floating rose. I do a stage versio with no spectators onstage or withing 10 feet.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Pzak97
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Pzak97
David,

Actually, you were correct. I did get the answers I needed and it has really worked out great.

SGTgrey - I finally got that in and it is working great as well. Thank you so much!

Mike - No, the application I was looking for was to make a quick change gaff for a card trick. But if you are searching for strong yarn, I would suggest looking for Aramid or Vectran yarns.
Regards,

Mike Petryszak
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
388 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Are either Aramid or Vectran elastic? I'm after the best elastic IT does anyone have any advice
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Peterd, I got this http://www.emagicsupply.com/index.php?ma......ts_id=86 and I will never look back. Best stuff out there and he has the top quality invisible threads also
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
388 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Thanks Poof-Daddy. How do you find it compares to Mesika's thread?
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On 2012-09-18 09:33, Pzak97 wrote:
Does anyone have a US contact for Lycra thread/yarn?

Hi,
I manufacture my own Spandex. It is not off the shelf product and relabeled another name, it is not infinity, it is already split so it is able to be used directly from the spool, solution dyed black so no color to wear off and has a semi dull appearance. Stretches to 6 times it's normal size.
By the way.....Lycra and spandex are the same thing, both are elastane.
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yep! Listen to Rudy! I'm tellin' ya, this is the stuff to get...

Doug
roguewave
View Profile
New user
IL
88 Posts

Profile of roguewave
I plan on using either EVE or Infinity for my own EIT needs. I'm only interested in elastic properties so I can make my own loops.
roguewave
View Profile
New user
IL
88 Posts

Profile of roguewave
Dougini, what do you currently use Rudy's IET for? What is your performance like? Your enthusiasm is starting to persuade me to try that particular material.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Lycra/Spandex thread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL