The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Aronson vs Daortiz stack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
So, does anyone have this stack, it sounds and looks very very good, all the possibilities, new deck order, alternating red black. does anyone have this and how does it compare to aronsons... what in your opinion is better.
does it require faros to get to NDO?
Any help much much appreciated!
ramsaymagic
View Profile
New user
London
33 Posts

Profile of ramsaymagic
Hi,

Have recently read much of Danny's Personal Stack pdf. I've also studied Aronson and the Tamariz (Tamariz is my personally preferred stack for a number of reasons but won't get into that straight off).

As I'm sure it's often said every stack has its advantages and disadvantages. The important thing is to decide what kind of effects you feel are strongest and therefore which stack best suits you. If poker demonstrations are of real interest to you, for example, then there are clear strengths in Aronson (as well as multitude of other possibilities). If you're keen on (again for example) being able to get into and the stack from new deck order and back again then the DaOrtiz or Tamariz stack have a very real advantage over Aronson.

The best approach is to spend a bit of time up front understanding the potential of each and deciding before you commit a stack to memory. I actually was getting the Aronson stack down when I decided to switch to Mnemonica and am glad I did so but it slowed the process slightly. Whichever stack you choose to go with I'd definitely recommend getting Tamariz Mnemonica even if just for the memorisation techniques - I had the stack down within 48 hours, really.

My view on Danny's stack is that it has some very real strengths and I've even considered switching to it. However, one final consideration to bear in mind (which is why I'm remaining focused on the Tamariz stack) is the range of effects currently out there for each stack - because Danny's stack has only recently been published you'll almost certainly want to draw from work done on other stacks which are not stack dependant, including Aronson and Tamariz.

As a final thought, my favourite effects are not actually stack dependant but if you can find a stack with at least one killer in build effect you're probably on the right track.

And...to answer the question on reaching the stack from NDO, no you don't have to use faros but you would have to find a very interesting presentational idea to justify use of the alternative set up in front of specs with out faros. I'd suggest just getting on and practising your faros, after a few days of weeks it'll happen and then it's just a case of perfecting your cuts and quality of the faros theselves.

Hope helps.

Duncan
magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
I am about to buy Bound to Please... where can I find the effects possible with each stack because I am still not convinced that aronson stack is the ight stack for me... But Mnemonca is out of my budget
magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
Does Bound to Please have an ACAAN routine in it?
ramsaymagic
View Profile
New user
London
33 Posts

Profile of ramsaymagic
I think the wealth of information and number of routines in Mnemonica would make it worth saving for in my view (if it was the stack you felt was best suited to you) - probably 3-4 times the number of mem deck effects vs Bound to Please - not to mention extremely useful information on how best to memorise the deck in the first place. Think of it as a life long investment, choosing the right stack up front means having a lifelong tool.

There are ways of doing ACAAN with any mem deck but the directness and method varies depending on the routine.

A good search across the forums here will tell you more about the benefits of Aronson vs Tamariz, they are very different in construction and versatility - suggest you read some of the posts in other threads before deciding and don't be too swayed but my personal preferences as we may have different styles and personal preferences for certain types of effects!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Aronson vs Daortiz stack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL