The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Svengali deck and marked cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mathieu660
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of mathieu660
Hi,

I heard that it's possible to do a similar effect that the Svengali deck can offer by popping a random card to the top but without the gaffed deck. Could some one point me to a resource or even explain me how to perform this kind of effect with a regular deck of cards ?

I would also like to know effects or trick that I could with a marked deck.

Thanks for all your inputs !
Pengnome
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Pengnome
The Svengali deck can do lots of effects, which one in particular are you talking about?
mathieu660
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of mathieu660
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
One possible resource for the first effect in that video might be The Royal Road to Card Magic by Hugard and Braue. It is available in an inexpensive Dover edition, and describes methods that can be used to achieve the first effect demonstrated in that video, as well as many other entertaining effects.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Mathieu, Oz is doing an ambitious card trick with a Svengali, every card author has an ambitious card routine, Lorayne, Pearlman, Giobbi, Ammar, Daryl has a book and DVD only on ambitious card alone, and many more
mathieu660
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of mathieu660
Ok I will look the Ammar card tricks collection DVDs.

Thanks
Daryl Easton
View Profile
1955 - 2017
174 Posts

Profile of Daryl Easton
Mathieu

I produced a DVD entirely on the Ambitious Card Routine - I think it will give you all the information you are looking for and more! Hope that helps.
http://www.daryl.net/product_detail.php?cat_id=80&id=601
Daryl - The Magician's Magician

www.Daryl.net
SleepNow
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of SleepNow
Mathieu, I recommend Daryl's Ambitious Card Routine (because that's the one I have). Since it does not use a gaffed deck, you will have to practice. But, it will be worth it! I wish I had it on DVD.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
What might be nice is a combination package of Daryl's ACR DVD and his "ultimate ambition improved" effect. Don't know if it's really available, though, or if the DVD itself covers signficantly different ground than the DVD that comes with the "ultimate."
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Isn't this called the ambitious card
in the royal road to magic .
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
What can a gimmicked do to makk this trick better
when you can do it with a normal deck ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Svengali deck and marked cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL