The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Magic wok with sponge balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lefebure
View Profile
Loyal user
Lille, France
202 Posts

Profile of Lefebure
Hi guys,

I posted a video of me performing a funny routine with sponge balls, a bowl and chinese sticks. I hope you'll enjoy it. Even if you don't speak french it can be fun : http://youtu.be/gliW3ryANPI
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
I like what you are doing but I wish there was more magic leading up to this

seems like you are in a great position work in the benson bowls

consider using the vanish and production as a climax
Lefebure
View Profile
Loyal user
Lille, France
202 Posts

Profile of Lefebure
Thanks a lot ! Well...I like this miracle because it allows a good storytelling and a lot of comedy, and it amazes kids and parents. But it's all Christian Chelman's work.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
When you place the last ball in your hand, you stir the chopsticks and they click against something in your hand. I don't know why sponges or your hand would click.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5287 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Nice! For a beginning of a longer routine or the middle of a routine interlude it would be sweet. As a stand alone trick it is a bit anti-clamatic.

I enjoyed watching (and polishing up on my French).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
CAPTAIN BEYOND
View Profile
New user
Beloit,Wisconsin
60 Posts

Profile of CAPTAIN BEYOND
Lefebure,i thought that was cool!I think I ll go eat chinese tonight to get some cop sticks.I love doing sponge magic!
CAPTAIN BEYOND
View Profile
New user
Beloit,Wisconsin
60 Posts

Profile of CAPTAIN BEYOND
Chop sticks,not cop sticks,my mistake.
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
981 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Very nice! I agree with the other comments - would be a nice end to a longer sponge ball routine.

Hudson.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
It's cool and the idea for the presentaton is original even if it's lacking an antagonist in the story for making it more thrilling when the magical transfer is effected.

Another aspect you don't need to press in on each ball, you can do it all on the last one. This would allow you to claim that you press them into one another before mixing them (justifying the pressing in move). This would reinforce your effect since you would have not only a magical transfer but also, as a secondary effect, a differentiation effect between the taste of the mushrooms, the taste of the rice and the one of the beef.

Finally you may remember that sushis are made by pressing rice into the hand and you may want to get as close as such moves rather than the stiffly closed fist: possibly a direction that you may wish to try. Now you still would need to cause the magical transfer for the routine to be magic: presented as it is now, it is just surprising for lay audiences but hardly magical
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Magic wok with sponge balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL