The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » The wedding card trick...to be developped (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Hi Guys,

A little challenge for you. I'm supposed to get married on March 2013 and would like to perform a card trick for and with my guests. The effect I'm looking for is similar to this; Every guest will receive an envelope containing a card prior to the marriage. At some time during the marriage’s dinner I would like to have my guests cut and pick-up a random card in a shuffled deck and …surprise their card matches the one in the envelope. Of course, I’ll have to develop a good patter to go with the trick.

Any suggestions on how to perform the trick; gaffed deck, memorized deck, etc. ?

Thanks,

Mike
Do your best and forget the rest
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
If I were you, I wouldn't do a card trick at the wedding.

OK; I'm not you. Instead of the trick that you suggested, I'd use the first trick in Woody Aragon's book (entitled A Book in English). I think the effect is called Your Perfect Match. Each guest would have an envelope with four different cards. You could easily adapt the theme of the effect to fit the occasion of a wedding. Check it out!
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
BarryFernelius,

Thanks for your suggestion...and advice !!! You know, I was wondering if doing a card trick at my wedding will be a good idea but at the end, since all the guests know that I'm doing magic for many years (and they all had a chance to enjoy one trick) I said to myself why not. Anyway, I don't want to do a trick just for to do a trick, it has to be a good one with a good patter. And a want to have a patter about meeting someone with who you are predestined, having a mate in the random world. Kind of stuff...

And why did you say "If I were you, I wouldn't do a card trick at the wedding." You believe that this is not a good occasion to do so ?.

Mike
Do your best and forget the rest
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
If your prospective spouse really wants you to do a card trick at the wedding, then do it. The one that I suggested is all about being predestined to end up with your perfect match. If the love of your life isn't sure whether you should do a card trick at the wedding, I'd advise you to show restraint.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Good advice, Barry. Not sure where you are from, Mike, but where I come from a wedding is all about the bride. Most grooms recognize it's her day and you are responsible for showing up Smile If she says that you performing a card trick is part of her dream wedding day, then by all means make it a great one. If she says no or simply doesn't answer, do the best thing you can do as a husband and LISTEN to her. Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
Nicholas Night
View Profile
New user
Lansing Mi
93 Posts

Profile of Nicholas Night
You could do this with one riffle force after another, if you had the tables coem up to you in a specific order. Not sure if that's what you mean though.
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
251 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
Hi mike,

Maybe it's just my family/friends but I'd be very worried that after a couple of glasses of champage the envelopes would get switched about, opened and generally messed about with before the performance.

That may be something worth thinking about or it may be a sad reflection on my relationships with my family and friends!

Adrian
priyairc
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of priyairc
Hey!!! I want to suggest you a wedding card website, and you can get cards as par your choice. Wedding invitation card
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » The wedding card trick...to be developped (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL