The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Russ Stevens and RSVP present "To the Max" by Keiron Johnson (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
floridamagic
View Profile
Regular user
lakeland Fl
157 Posts

Profile of floridamagic
Ben your booked the next time your in Florida:)
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6425 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hoping to get mine in the mail today. Will post back!
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
YAY Eric!!

Still loing this Keiron, I don't think I will ever stop loving it either!

Ben
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6425 Posts

Profile of RNK
To the Max came yesterday. Well, as most posted- I had to laugh when I saw the gimmick but the important thing - it will do the job. Keiron teaches both handlings, appearing ice block and signed coin frozen in ice effects, on the DVD but only teaches them when wearing a jacket. I normally perform without a jacket so I will have to adjust the handling procedure. It would have been nice to hear his ideas when not using a jacket. I'm sure there will be some not as experienced magicians buying this who may have a more difficult time alternating the handling when not using a jacket. You just will have to be more comfortable with misdirection to get the job done if you don't perform wearing a jacket. Other than that I really like this and think it will get great reactions! The DVD is not long and Keiron explains both handling in pretty good detail but does speak a little fast.

RNK
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I suppose it would be possible to attach the holder to your belt and then the handling wouldn't be too different, you would need to cover it with a shirt or untucked t-shirt though...
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
You could have the holder in your trouser pocket. The ice might melt sooner but it should work fine.
Kobra
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of Kobra
Very clever, mine arrived today, think I'm going to have fun with this.
Been pondering a routine I need to play around with. I borrow a £5 note, ignites (or some may saw even flashes) and appears in the block of ice..
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3010 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
GREAT effect! The gimmick looks pretty basic, but I know I couldn't make one if someone held a gun to my head. This is ready to go right out of the box. The instructional DVD and tips have no fluff - it's all meat. Very happy with this. Now to to find the right jacket...
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I like this one. Well conceived and constructed gimmick. Awesome routine.

Bear in mind you might need to spend another £20 to buy the additional items to make the trick workable if you don't already have them.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6425 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-11-02 09:17, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
I like this one. Well conceived and constructed gimmick. Awesome routine.

Bear in mind you might need to spend another £20 to buy the additional items to make the trick workable if you don't already have them.

Not sure what this means and I have this. I didn't have to spend anything to make this work???????????????
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I think Jamie is referring to the ice moulds and thermos.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6425 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-11-02 15:12, jugglestruck wrote:

Oh... Understand. WOW- things are expensive over there. You can get ice molds for $1 to $2 dollars and a thermos for $10.00!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-11-02 15:12, jugglestruck wrote:

Nothing like keeping secrets!
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Apologies if I said more than I should have but it seems to be quite well published on the web just what the accessories needed are.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Loose lips sink ships.

Just be more careful next time.

Cheers

J
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
973 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
I'm just back from being on the road for a few days lecturing and filming with Kieron, and I've watched first hand how brilliantly this effect plays. After my lecture on Monday night in Cannock Kieron did a little guest spot and floored the room with this, and the gimmick was sat in my case for over two hours during my lecture. I picked Kieron up at 1pm that day and Kieron didn't perform this until about 10.30 that evening and the ice was still ready to go!

The following night after a day of studio filming we ended up in a pub and Kieron was blowing everyone away again (laypeople), one guy said to Kieron "I bet you couldn't do it again" and Kieron immediately repeated it (and I still missed the load!)

Kieron's handling of this is very clean and every little wrinkle has been ironed out, and considering what the effect is (producing a block of ice) this is very practical and very easy to set up, once in place you're always ready to go.

My main concern was, how long could you stay comfortably set up and still produce the ice, well that was answered when Kieron performed after the lecture, my ice ice now being prepared for the weekend ;-)!

This is a reputation maker, if it was good enough for Malini.......need I say more!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Ok guys, I was going to keep this one to myself but what the heck!

Here's my twist on the effect.

Buy a cheap lolly mould and make some small lollies using food colouring (avoids a sticky sugar solution).

Use the gimmick as taught but produce the lolly under from under a small silk or from a small empty bag. I use it as a climax to a short coin routine. Patter theme around "lots of lolly".

This one really gets gasps. More so than the original version I've found.

I wish I hadn't given it away but I guess I'm just too kind.

Have fun.
Kobra
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of Kobra
So I ended up in a bar with a group. And I got the feeling they were going to ask me for a trick later in the night and I only had the 'max', but no ice.
Up to the barman, pint of cider, could I have a bit of ice in that please. Discretely fished out.
Cue later when the remaining ice in my drink had melted..
Let's just say I got great reactions for a production when I didn't even use fire.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Jamie, I think the block of ice is more impressive. That's great thinking on the lolly to avoid the stickiness issue, but you could just produce the lolly with a wrapper on it, as I don't think they care. Not that a lolly production isn't magical to them, but a block of ice is, well, a block of ice.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
973 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
I think any ice production is awesome and there's something really 'off the wall' about Jamie's idea which I love. Imagine mentioning how warm the room is and then producing an ice lolly and eating it, you will be remembered that's for sure! The idea of using food colouring also opens up many other avenues you could go down.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Russ Stevens and RSVP present "To the Max" by Keiron Johnson (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL