The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Russ Stevens and RSVP present "To the Max" by Keiron Johnson (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2012-11-08 18:54, Zombie Magic wrote:
Jamie, I think the block of ice is more impressive. That's great thinking on the lolly to avoid the stickiness issue, but you could just produce the lolly with a wrapper on it, as I don't think they care. Not that a lolly production isn't magical to them, but a block of ice is, well, a block of ice.

Fair enough Zombie. I always try to tailor tricks so I can have a bit of fun with them as that's my style. The lolly gets both an amazed and comical reaction. I don't have a wrapper on the lolly as it makes it immediately obvious that the lolly is actually frozen.

Gary makes a great point about the use of food colouring. Coloured ice just looks plain weird. Green makes it look like kryptonite - there's a Superman presentation for you right there, and the film's out soon. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Jamie, you're thinking is great and it's always smart to work tricks to fit your own style. Your own personal experience is what counts.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Hey guys loving the idea's Jamie love the ice lolly idea I have performed something similar but I have other tricks with sweets so it dint stay in the act also check out Rocco he has a routine with an ice lolly its great. I would love to see your routine one day thanks for sharing.

Kieron
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Review:

Rating: 1-10 (10 being the highest rating)

After opening the package. I must say WOW! I was so perplexed when I saw the gimmick. Simply a diabolical gimmick that you can carry around and produce a block of ice at a moment notice (Yes, you need this on you Smile). I was at first a skeptic, but after reviewing the DVD provided, I was a firm believer that this is extremely practical! I don’t write many reviews and English isn’t my first language. Please pardon my grammar.

Effect: Magician is able to produce a solid block of ice in spectator’s hands.

To the Max- This particular effect uses flash paper. Spectator holds a lighter and magician uses flash paper to produce a large block of ice.

The simplicity of this trick is the key point and it definitely fools the heck out of layman. I gave this trick a shot last Sunday on my birthday and it floored everyone. This is ORGANIC, SIMPLE, DIRECT, POWERFUL, and VERSATILE magic. I give it 10/10.

Note: I performed this a bit differently. I didn’t use flash paper in my performance. I simply used what I had at the moment. One of my spectators was drinking an old fashion (Whiskey drink). I improvised and pattered about how they use to drink it with a block of ice. I looked at the spectator’s drink and told him that I don’t think the bar tender made his drink right. But, no worries! I reached into his drink and mimic pulling some liquids out of his drink (water) and made a fist. I told him that if I concentrated hard enough I could actually create a block of ice. Opened my hands and nothing there. Spectator chuckled and laughs. I tell him, “Give me one more try”. I mimic the same action then do the move. Spectator sees water dripping out of my cupped hands. BAM! Hits him hard and floors em.

Energy- Spectator signs a coin. Hands it back to magician. Magician instantly freezes the coin into a block of ice! He then takes the ice cube and breaks it to show that it is indeed the spectators signed coin.

WOW, this effect you got to see. In Kieron’s hands it looks magical. I haven’t mastered this effect yet. It does take some skills. I don’t want to give out too much info but it’s worth the practice. The results: INSTANT KILL, if you can master it and pull it off. I give it a 9/10

Kieron goes through the history of how these effects were developed. Furthermore, he explains the use of the gimmick and provided tips on how to preserve the ice longer.

If you are looking for ORGANIC, SIMPLE, DIRECT, POWERFUL, and VERSATILE magic. This is for you! I recommend this effect to walk around/close-up magicians. This effect is definitely for the workers. I’ve immediately added this effect to my repertoire after seeing the reactions of my audience members and trust me YOU WILL be happy with it! Best effect I’ve purchased all year! Big thanks to Kieron for releasing this effect to the magic community!

Overall Rating: 10/10

Best regards,

Alex
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Nice review Alex and for someone whose first language is not English you put a lot of us to shame Smile
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Thanks Jugglestruck. I tried my best. I hope the review was helpful to many of you!

-Alex
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Jugglestruck, thanks for the detailed review. Much appreciated!
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Hey guys, I'm patiently waiting on my copy of to the max to arrive. Could anyone provide the maximum dimensions for the ice. I'm looking to order some molds now so they arrive around the same time. Thanks.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6476 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-11-21 10:23, BrandonWilliams wrote:
Hey guys, I'm patiently waiting on my copy of to the max to arrive. Could anyone provide the maximum dimensions for the ice. I'm looking to order some molds now so they arrive around the same time. Thanks.

That depends on what effect your are doing. If performing the coin in ice- you use a standard ice cube try. If performing just the appearance of the ice block- I believe it's a 2in X 2in block.
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Thanks.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Just want to thank merchants of magic for being placed in the top 9 magic effects of 2012 congratulations to everybody else who placed here is the link and thank you for your support am buzzing.

kieron

http://blog.magicshop.co.uk/2012/11/best......afe692c7
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6476 Posts

Profile of RNK
Finally had a chance to road test "To The Max"... And I can simply say this was a HUGE hit. Unbelievable reactions and a lot of 'What the ...". I just did the first routine, produce an ice block from fire, and the looks on the spectators faces every time that block of ice fell from my hands was so sweet to see. People even said to me, "You have been here a while, this is crazy, do you have a built in cooler on you!". This is a definite winner, in my set anyway. Great job Keiron!

RNK
Ilya Larionov
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Ilya Larionov
WOW WOW WOW!
This is the best gimmick I've bought for 2012! I would pay $200 for this, no kidding!
Very clever, very utility, combined with smoke from hands it literally KILLS. KILLS me with the method and why didn't I come up with it.

Kelron, you recommended to check out someting in your DVD, but I couldn't understand the names. Frozen by somebody(who?) the one that is not Adam Grace
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Quote:
On 2012-12-25 16:23, Ilya Larionov wrote:
WOW WOW WOW!
This is the best gimmick I've bought for 2012! I would pay $200 for this, no kidding!
Very clever, very utility, combined with smoke from hands it literally KILLS. KILLS me with the method and why didn't I come up with it.

Kelron, you recommended to check out someting in your DVD, but I couldn't understand the names. Frozen by somebody(who?) the one that is not Adam Grace

That'll be Frozen by Nefesch me thinks!

DC
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Thanks dee that's correct and Ilya I am pleased you like it and hope brings you and your audience much happiness

K
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
Do you guys sure that this gimmick can prevent the ice from melting?
Maybe in US or Europe yes it does but here in Tropic country like in my country, it seems imppossible.

I tried using the gimmick and not more that 1 hour the ice has already melted.

Has anyone have this problem like me?
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
922 Posts

Profile of Martino
If I lived in the tropics then I would not expect to get 3 hours use out of one block of ice. You need to adjust your expectations accordingly.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
In my experience it's not been a problem, as most bar and restaurant venues are fully air conditioned in Tropical climits. (Well, at least the good ones are anyway Smile )
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1053 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I haven't got this but loved the idea that someone mentioned of using it to instantly reset Shift.

Has anyone tried this combination?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Guys, I've posted another pro-level tip for To The Max in secret sessions. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Russ Stevens and RSVP present "To the Max" by Keiron Johnson (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL