The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A call 2 nights later to verify what they saw wasn't real magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
Love stuff like this...

I was at a family gathering and showing the youngsters some magic tricks. They had the 13 year old girl, who has never seen any of my magic, ask me to do some. So, I really didn't have anything planned, but I always through a loop on (just in case). So I started to do some ring tricks, vanishing the ring/reappear on my finger... ring through the finger trick, and then I did the floating ring. Had them feel the static charge thing (rubbing the loop on their arm) flipped them out.
Then, they got a deck a cards, and I ran through some card effects, cutting-4 aces, an impromptu version of 'Out of this world', my true,false, or both card trick, card to the pocket, etc. They then asked me if I can float?! Well, a common question, I replied yes, but the gravity situation of the many people in the room, it would not work, but I could show them one-on-one in the bedroom.

So, the first girl went and I floated... she gasped! Then proceeded to wash her eyes out 3 times. The next girl was speechless, just saying 'He just went up'

2 nights later, my wife got a call from my mother-in-law... calling to just verify that I wasn't in black magic or voodoo... cuz the kids ran down the road and told grandma about it. She called my mother-in-law to verify that I wasn't into that sorta of thing... I just laughed... this is why we do this right?! Those kids will remember that forever! love it!
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Perfect! Thanks for sharing, O Master Of The Mystic Arts!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1869 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
CONGRADULATIONS !
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
727 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
"but I could show them one-on-one in the bedroom...

So, the first girl went and I floated... she gasped! Then proceeded to wash her eyes out 3 times. The next girl was speechless, just saying 'He just went up'"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

You're lucky, the above scenario could have easily led to a mistaken misterpretation of events (i.e taking three 13 year old girls each into a bedroom, to show them "your magic"...These days, I'd never risk being along with a child - it only takes their word against yours.
Veirs
View Profile
New user
Fuzhou, Fujian Province, China
22 Posts

Profile of Veirs
A great story!

Thank you for sharing it
J-L Sparrow
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of J-L Sparrow
Nice story!

It's reactions like these that make magicians realize that they've achieved over and beyond their life-long goal of becoming a convincing magician!
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Well done sir!!!!
Macphail
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of Macphail
Excellent story. Congratulations! Just be careful about inviting girls into a bedroom to see a magic trick. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A call 2 nights later to verify what they saw wasn't real magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL