The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New Web (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sdraun
View Profile
New user
Chicago
19 Posts

Profile of sdraun
Once upon a time, I married Laura Weygandt, whose father, Art Weygandt was a long time friend of Ed Marlo’s. Ed was best man at my wedding.

After her father’s recent death Laura’s sister, Sandy Weygandt, a journalist, (Chicago residents may hear her on WGN radio) and web designer decided to do a web site honoring her father and the entire family’s long history with the Chicago magic scene. Sandy got me involved and I helped a little, placing names on faces and editing some old 8 mm family movies.

My help aside, this entire site is her creation. The warm lucid writing, the graphic montages, and intimate web design, are all hers. The whole site revolves around the little red house in Oak Lawn, IL, where Art and his wife Rose played host to a long line of Chicago’s finest magicians.

A site visitor will see movies, (including never before seen performances) stories, and images of Ed Marlo, Jon Racherbaumer, Dave Solomon, Bill Malone, Randy Wakeman, Jay Marshall, Carmen Damico and many more including never before published photos of Don May, and Bob Stencil.

In addition, there is a page devoted to Jack Gwynne, the only information currently available on the web of him and his illustrious family.

Pay a visit to http://www.chicagoroundtable.com, read the words and see the sights. You can see great unique footage of Ed Marlo performing and even hear him sing! Sandy solicits no donations and has nothing to sell except nostalgia.

A World War two veteran, and fine amateur magician in his own right, Art knew them all; Matt Schulien, Frances Ireland, Okito (Theo Bamberg), Harlan Tarbell, and Don Allen.

And me of course,

Steve Draun
secondbaseman
View Profile
Loyal user
Amsterdam
225 Posts

Profile of secondbaseman
Thanks Mr. Draun, great site great homevids.

Thanks a lot.

Niels
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Very cool.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Thank you for the link and thank Sandy for the hard work! I love the history of my art and the love and care comes through on her site!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Cool site, Thank you for sharing. Smile

Mya
Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I'm excited about the site! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! The information on Art himself is a real treat and Marlo's work can't be given enough credit.

The Kitchen Table clips are great! The wording on screen "Ed Marlo always said Art should be committed" was funny. To do coffee with those guys would of been a treat of a lifetime.

Thank you Sandy.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I thank you so much Steven!
I needed that today!
Keep on keepin' on! ~rr
MagicCoach
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of MagicCoach
Interesting and evocative site... like going through a trunk of old photo albums and memories.

Well done.

Timothy Hyde

http://www.magiccoach.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New Web (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL