The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sideshow Gathering benefit in DC October 5 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I hope it helps to have passed along this announcement, by way of the Ballycast website:

It’s almost time for this year’s Sideshow Gathering, held this year on November 2nd, 3rd and 4th in Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania.

Last year’s sudden passing of the convention’s founder Franco Kopssa left the future of a smoothly-running annual event in uncertain hands. Even the most capable future organizers can’t easily replicate an event whose details had been worked out largely by one devoted man over years of increasingly popular gatherings. It is, and has been, a labor of love by all involved, clearly not done for profit.

But hey … you gotta try to carry on. So there will be benefits to help support the cause, and the next one is in just a couple of days.

The Seismic Sideshow, October 5 at the Red Palace in DC, presented by James Taylor’s Shocked and Amazed and sponsored by Ripley’s Believe It Or Not!, will feature Todd Robbins, Coney Island sword-swallower Heather Holliday, demented burlesque diva Reverend Valentine of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and Pretty Things Peepshow, and several stars of DC’s own Cheeky Monkey Sideshow including the magnificent Mab Just Mab, Mr. Eon; and Swami YoMahmi, plus surprise special guests!

Proceeds benefit the Sideshow Gathering and admission is just $10

I hope this is entirely accurate - one of tyhe problems this year is that information is not plentiful (anyway, not from my vantage point)
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Thanks for the plug, Wayne! All the info can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/196101503857119/

It really is going to be an amazing, show! Hope to see you there!
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Thank you for spreading the word, John ... IF I got it all correct.

I'm just wishin' that the news didn't have to "filter out", especially about benefit events. I'd tell my listeners about the upcoming ones if I knew what was going on, and when.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sideshow Gathering benefit in DC October 5 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL