The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Halloween illusion from Peter Loughran - STABBED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
873 Posts

Profile of gitty
http://www.masterofillusions.ca/store-stabbed.html

STABBED is a brand new mini pocket illusion you can carry with you everywhere you go, and perform it at a moments notice.

The performer introduces a steel spike about 5" long, and lets the specators inspect the spike to make sure it is made of solid steel.

He then says, "Well I'll just do a penetration effect" and suddenly he thrusts the solid steel spike right into his chest(or other part of the body, like an arm for example). Blood can be seen to ooze out of his chest (blood effect optional) and then takes his hand away and the spike is stuck into his chest an inch deep!

Your specators will scream, it looks so real! Next the performer rips the spike out from his chest and drops it on the ground with a loud twangy thud. There is an obvious hole through the shirt and deep into his chest. He lifts the shirt up revealing the wound first hand.

A cloth is introduced to wipe away the blood from his chest, and miraculously the wound has now been healed as if by magic. He then directs the specators attention to the shirt where he now magically rubs away the hole, and the shirt also restores back to its normal state, and the specators can now examine everything and will find nothing.

FEATURES
-No switches
-100% safe
-Can be performed on many parts of the body
-Great for stage or close up
-Can be done with or without blood
-Everything can be fully examined
-Can be done surrounded
-Resets in seconds
-Mulitple effects and handlings are included
-Perfect for comedy, bizarre, shock, or halloween shows
-Can be carried around in your pocket, and performed at a moments notice.
-Any shirt can be worn and is safe for most fabrics
WALTHER
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Gitty, thanks for finding this. peter is such a wonderful creator. This could play so many different ways. I like the comedy aspect for it.
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
247 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Nice!!!!
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
247 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
I definitely feel that an effect like this should be performed as a surprise, no big build up as with Needle Thru Arm. Peter's ad copy presentation outline is definitely the approach I'd take. For years I've been kicking around putting together a 'gross college show,' and this fits the bill.
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
Looks terrible Smile
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey Thanks guys.
And King, certainly not everyone will like this, that's a given. However say what you want, I've been having a blast with this effect! The looks on people's faces are priceless! It leaves them talking and wanting to see it again!

However It cannot be used like a standard magic effect that people are used to. Cris is 100% right, there cannot be any build up, it has to be done without your spectators knowing what's about to happen! I tried to show that in the demo, but unfortunately it is impossible because ive already alluded to the outcome with the name and picture before the effect happens. That's sort of like giving away the punch line before you tell the joke, and thus it will never have the same affect on you as it will an unexpecting spectator!

But there are obviously performers who do understand this and realize the shock value this trick has! With that said it is also the type of effect that many performers would not do regardless, but there are many who would do(that's their style) and in the right hands, this trick creates a moment of shock! It's great fun to do, and perfect for this time of year!

The looks you will get are jaw dropping guaranteed! Thanks to those who ordered it already in time for Halloween! Also it will be available from select dealers. All orders are shipping this week!
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4206 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
A bigger nail and I am thinking vampire stake in the heart stuff for Halloween.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Can this be done on a bare arm, or is clothing necessary? Does the "blood" clean up pretty quickly from the clothing, or is there a long reset time? And I have to assume that the blood does not stain clothing. Is that a good assumption?

The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to use this in a "Haunted House", and it won't be good if I'm not ready to go again 5 minutes after I'm done.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I was hoping for a big vampire stake type of spike rather than a nail.

Love the idea, it's just a bit too small for me. However if I did close-up I think I'd be looking at getting it.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I did not like the way it looked on the arm at all. You can see a bluge. On the chest it looked cool or on the belly but there are cuts in the video when it shows him playing with the nail you can see his chest is flat but then when he stabs it there is a slight bump. I will wait for some reviews and would all so like to know how hard to ditch the gimmick.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1279 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Love this but not sure I've got the acting chops for it.

Peters routine of gurning and adopting various ridiculous poses whilst failing to do the first couple of tricks really shows off his acting skills to perfection. And sets up the punchline for the daft finish.

The straightfaced look of astonishment when the nail is stuck into a big lump of something under his shirt is hysterical.

Its one of those where you've got to judge your performance exactly so everybody knows its a joke and doesn't think you're performing the worst trick ever seriously.

Great job.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On 2012-10-04 07:46, Ray Chelt wrote:
Love this but not sure I've got the acting chops for it.

Peters routine of gurning and adopting various ridiculous poses whilst failing to do the first couple of tricks really shows off his acting skills to perfection. And sets up the punchline for the daft finish.

The straightfaced look of astonishment when the nail is stuck into a big lump of something under his shirt is hysterical.

Its one of those where you've got to judge your performance exactly so everybody knows its a joke and doesn't think you're performing the worst trick ever seriously.

Great job.

I don't think it was ment to be a joke. I bet its what it really looks like.

If not then I would like to see a diff video really showing the effect.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Yes it is meant to be funny, or a halloween effect. However the enter point is quite flat this is why we do a side profile of the chest while it goes in, showing really how flat the enter point area is. The folds of the shirt of the arm may play a part in it looking different when looking at it straight on.

My other passion is Haunted House attractions and the Haunt Industry. Ive worked for some in the past, and so I like to dabble in that industry, Stabbed is obvioulsy a halloween effect, and not so much a regular magic trick. You have to understand what it is ment for and where, when and how to use it. And yes it has to be done in a comedic way or in an unsuspecting way to get these reactions. Say what you want, but don't knock it till you try it, the reactions I get are priceless, beause no one expects it!

One of the reasons my company is so successful and my shop is so busy all the time, is because I cater to every aspect of the industry. I create everything from large illusions, to card tricks, to stage magic, to street magic, to bizzare magic, to halloween effects, custom magic etc. I have a passion for so many aspects of the magic and halloween industry, and sometimes I like to combine the two such as with Stabbed, or other more magic based props like Creature Shock, WitchBoard, etc. Stabbed being geared more towards halloween and gag side more than magic obviously, and it has to be done in a comedic way or in an unsuspecting way to get the reactions. But you will get them, trust me, eyes pop out! Ive been selling a bunch of these, so there is a market and a want for an effect like this, and Im happy to supply the effect with everything you need and in high professional quality, while making it 100% safe and FUN to do.

Roslyn, You can use other objects instead of the special spike we supply. The reason I chose the size of spike we use is so this can easily fit in your pocket. You could use a larger wooden stake if you wanted.

Bats we tell you how to make your own washable non staining fake blood, so you never need to buy blood again.

Happy Halloween!
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1104 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
That just looks terrible.
magicjacks
View Profile
New user
Austin, TX
2 Posts

Profile of magicjacks
Wow. Ya know I think it is so amazing how people hide behind screens and write such rude things. I think that is actually really, really terrible and unfortunate. I never post on here because of this...but sometimes it just gets to me.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Keep putting out illusions Peter!! Your creative mind is always welcome in the decomposing house!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8423 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2012-10-09 23:51, magicjacks wrote:
Wow. Ya know I think it is so amazing how people hide behind screens and write such rude things. I think that is actually really, really terrible and unfortunate. I never post on here because of this...but sometimes it just gets to me.

Congrats. First post in 5 years.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Halloween illusion from Peter Loughran - STABBED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL