The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic for Halloween (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
I was thinking Okito doll....any other ideas?

Many thanks,

Danny
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
If you do a search in spooky you will find many threads on this. any routine can be presented with a spooky theme. in spooky section you will find some websites that sell props or ideas for doing the spooky magic. it is in a sticky at the top.
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
I was thinking about a self-cutting pack. Making something special for Halloween is more about the story around the effect than the effect itself, imo.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Quote:
On 2012-09-30 20:42, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
If you do a search in spooky you will find many threads on this. any routine can be presented with a spooky theme. in spooky section you will find some websites that sell props or ideas for doing the spooky magic. it is in a sticky at the top.

Thanks Michael I'll have a wander!

self cutting deck is good....
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Haunted pack, haunted hank, dead ringer, witch of Glastonbury....
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The Wizards' Journal #24 is on-line and filled with new and old ideas for Halloween, although these are mostly for kid show Halloween Parties. However, if you open the Magic Nook's Bizarre drawer, you may find spookier stuff which will give adults a thrill on the Eve of All Hallows.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ya know, it's a little late in the game if you don't have the 0utl@w L*n@ series, but that is what I'm shooting for. I think I might get P*@rly G@tes before Halloween, hard to say. I have the Multiplying Sponge Bats, and a ball and vase made up like an eyeball. Last Halloween was interesting. This one should be MORE so!

Doug
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I will be reprising Tim Wisseman's Butcher's Blade, as well as White Star. I also have a DIY "Spirit Bell" and a Spirit light. I normally mix this up with some Corinda stuff. I don't do much with cards this time of year, except Out of This World, which works really well with a spooky presentation. The other thing I thinks works well are loops. Levitation and eerie moving objects seem to go over very well...

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Needle Thru Arm

Haunted Key

Something related to Houdini, who died on Halloween.

Ashes on the Arm

Check out some of Burger's stuff.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
desert_gold_hound
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of desert_gold_hound
Just the title of the thread gave me a million ideas on how to change tricks for the holidays. The trick called "Night out with the girls" could be changed to any theme you wanted. My suggestion is take your favorite trick and think HOW CAN I CHANGE THIS TO MY NEEDS.

I know I am giving advice I have a hard time accepting myself, however; I am working on trying to make magic my own. Good luck and have fun.
milesart
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
215 Posts

Profile of milesart
A real crazy maker for Halloween: the self lighting light bulb, pass the light bulb to the kids, they can check the bulb first. of course you can bring the spooky magic light (with your pk friend)
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
Last year, I did a trick where I showed a black deck of cards, explaining that black is the color of death (and so on with the story). I had the spectator select a card, memorize it, and replace it. Then, I magically changed the deck back to red...the color of blood. However, the spectator chose the most deathly card, as it turns out to be the only black card in the entire deck.

Just a thought Smile

Also, I have a plastic skeleton head that I use in all of my kids shows, and it obviously has a special role for Halloween. On stage, its name is George, my sidekick who likes to play pranks on me. It really makes for some funny moments!

On Magic Geek, you can find a few cool tricks that are Halloween-themed.

Possibly a zombie ball? I mean, it is called a ZOMBIE ball for a reason....
magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
Haunted deck, or knife thru arm
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Quote:
On 2012-10-12 22:25, satellite23 wrote:
Last year, I did a trick where I showed a black deck of cards, explaining that black is the color of death (and so on with the story). I had the spectator select a card, memorize it, and replace it. Then, I magically changed the deck back to red...the color of blood. However, the spectator chose the most deathly card, as it turns out to be the only black card in the entire deck.

Just a thought Smile

Nice! Thank you for sharing
syko159
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of syko159
Haunted deck is good, or any sort of levitation routine. Just make sure to have a story surrounding it to make it seem more supernatural. It's not longer just a magic show, it's a performance. Also, use cool props to change things up for the holiday (large cylinders with water and dry ice for example)
MagicianFromHades
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of MagicianFromHades
Quote:
On 2012-10-12 22:25, satellite23 wrote:

Just a thought Smile

Also, I have a plastic skeleton head that I use in all of my kids shows, and it obviously has a special role for Halloween. On stage, its name is George, my sidekick who likes to play pranks on me. It really makes for some funny moments!

On Magic Geek, you can find a few cool tricks that are Halloween-themed.

Possibly a zombie ball? I mean, it is called a ZOMBIE ball for a reason....

Hey, I'm 11 years old, and new to magic, and that trick sounds really cool! Where do you think I could get a book or something with those kinds of tricks in it?
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Near the top of this forum is a sticky, "Recoomended Books For Beginners". That would be a great place to start.

Good luck!

Hudson
MagicianFromHades
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of MagicianFromHades
Cool. I just ordered "Mark Wilson's Complete Course In Magic". Gets great reviews.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic for Halloween (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL