The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » A Book on Master Payne's Cup and Ball Routine? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
1766 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I have several DVDs from the Colombinis and I never found the living room format to be in any way limiting to learning. I actually think it would be a great thing if more of the people whose work I want to learn from would follow the same no-frills production methods. Sure beats hearing that someone recorded a project with one of the video houses and the footage just sat for years before being released.

And I pay for information above production value. I would pay $30 for Master Payne's Medieval Magic DVD whether it was done on a fancy set with three cameras or in a living room with an iPhone. If I get the methods, the presentation, and the very important thinking behind both, I get good value.

Please do consider doing this, Payne. It won't make you rich but it will make the world of magic much richer.

Patrick
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1309 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
+1000

Please do this Payne!
wwhokie1
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
At the very least an actual on location performance dvd to accompany the book would be great. To visually see in action what you have discussed in the book would be a great supplement. Especially for the type of work you are talking about. Performance art is visual by nature, and what we are talking about is as much or more about the performance than the magic.
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1309 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
By the way, that vanish at 05:35...BEAUTIFUL!
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I think that this gentleman will do whatever he wants whenever he wants to do it.

Let's all hush.
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
502 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

It is inconceivable that I missed this topic until now, but, I, too, will be in line to acquire said book and DVD.

Master Payne's previous work is quite masterful, and along with Bill Palmer's notes on Ren Faires should be required reading for anyone interested in working these types of venues.

God's Speede and Fare Thee Well, Master Payne!

Joe Zeman aka
Ulysses the Mage
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Payne:

Congratulations again, Sir. You have the FINEST cups and balls routine I have ever seen in my life. BRAVO!!! It's a MASTERPIECE!!!

I will be in line for your book(let)!
JLemoine
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of JLemoine
Master Payne, I had never seen your routine and I must say I'm under the charm.
Your patter and your acting are wonderful.
It's a true masterpiece. Very inspiring.

Quote:
On Oct 5, 2012, Bapu wrote:
For my money, your genius lies in your character development, scripting, and presentation. In other words, the theatrical value of what you have created and how you deliver it. As Lawrence O. pointed out above, it is a real study in scripting and acting, two areas that magicians as a group seem to be particularly weak in.

I couldn't have said it better.
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
180 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
Having just had the pleasure of meeting Master Payne and watching his lecture/ powerpoint at the recent Texas Association of Magicians Convention; I would heartily second/100th the sentiments of others in purchasing a book/ dvd of your renaissance work. Thank you for doing so much for our humble convention.

Cheers!
Matt Martin
VP, Fort Worth Magicians Club
Treasurer, TAOM 2014
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6722 Posts

Profile of Dougini
A book of this type is exactly the way to archive this brilliant man's work! "...Jokes..." is highly recommended. It's on the level of Walt Anthony's "Tales Of Enchantment". So yeah. Looking forward to this...

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » A Book on Master Payne's Cup and Ball Routine? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL