The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » X ray Specs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
I am doing a bit with some X ray Specs, and I am looking for a couple of one liners to use in regards to the glasses. This is for an adult crowd, but the material should be clean, or in good taste. here is one that I thought of.

"Wow, seeing you like this really does cure Stage Fright"
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.bigguysmagic.com -The Best Magic Shop
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Not a one-liner but....

A blonde goes to a novelty shop and finds a pair of x-ray glasses.

On her way home, she puts on the new x-ray glasses and, bingo, she sees everyone in the street naked!

She takes them off for a moment, and everyone has their clothes on. Puts the glasses back on...everyone is naked!

She arrives home eager to show the glasses to her husband.

She finds him and her best friend naked in the bedroom.

She takes his glasses off, and the two are still naked. She puts them back on, and they are still naked.

She throws down the glasses in disgust and says, "I just bought these glasses, and they're already broken!"
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Ill have someone running audio for the show, I thought about him coming up trying on the glasses, looking at everyone in the audiance and chuckle, then look at my up and down and burt into uncontrollable laughter, as I get "upset" and take the glasses back. Though I am the butt of this joke, I wasnt sure if its taking it a little too far.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
I should mention the glasses are used in a mentalism bit. as I read the serial numbers off a borrowed bill that has been sealed in an envelope.

Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1106 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Being the butt of the joke yourself never hurts.

How far you take it is up to you. Seems these days there is always at least one person who gets offended or upset by humour. Thankfully they're normally on their own!
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
So I did not take the gag that far. I did a couple of jokes.

"This does help with stage fright"
"You have no idea, how bad I wish you were all super models right now"

and some other ones as I go into the "reading" of the serial numbers. I really like this effect, its the first "mentalism" bit I have designed, and I think with a few more million performances, it will be perfected.

Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2580 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
These xray specs are great and I'm going to demonstrate them for you... now who doesn't mind having a bone or two broken for the entertainment pleasure of the rest of us?
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » X ray Specs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL