The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Half Smart (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Sorry quite worded proper

Yes sure talk is cheap, especially on a BB like this. Anyone can say anything since proof is not demonstrable as you say Cag. But lets just suppose the felow, quoted below is not lying::
Quote:

On 2012-01-26 18:29, Cagliostro wrote:

I went into the Marine Corps shortly thereafter so as not to be drafted in the Army, and while stationed at the Marine Corps Air Station, El Toro at Santa Ana, CA, I used to travel to Gardena and sneak into the card rooms there (I was not 21 yet). While playing there I figured out two moves to beat both the Draw poker game and also the Low Ball draw game. One was completely original and I have never had anyone pick up on it or suspect it, nor have anyone ever written about it or exposed it. I subsequently found out the Low Ball move was being used by other hustlers in the big games played by a few of the big name poker names of today.

Note you say “One was completely original and I have never had anyone pick up on it or suspect it, nor exposed it.” and so note, not even the “Top Cheats” of Gardena nailed it. So why not simply stick with this one move, getting the money at draw throughout the 60s 70s and 80s? What I am suggesting is. that a fellow in thiis very position is a “Top Cheat” because he has something, something the others do not have and he can get their money and everyone elses at the game with it. Gardena was a tough test and it flew there safely then it would capable of being used in most places.

Whatever the case may be, I believe it would be more interesting to talk about how we go about arriving at a completely original move. The thought process and so on. Without exposing the move itself of course.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On 2012-10-05 11:56, tommy wrote:

Note you say “One was completely original and I have never had anyone pick up on it or suspect it, exposed it.” and so note, not even the “Top Cheats” of Gardena nailed it... Gardena was a tough test and flew there safely then would capable of used in most places.

Whatever the case may be, I believe it would be more interesting to talk about how we go about arriving at a completely original move. The thought process and so on. Without exposing the move itself of course.

tommy, this comment and the concept it brings up is very good and because of that, in the next day or so, I am going to start a new thread just on this subject. I don't want to dilute this thread much further, and with a new thread we might get some participation from some of the more "silent" members.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On 2012-10-05 12:35, Cagliostro wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-05 11:56, tommy wrote:

Note you say “One was completely original and I have never had anyone pick up on it or suspect it, exposed it.” and so note, not even the “Top Cheats” of Gardena nailed it... Gardena was a tough test and flew there safely then would capable of used in most places.

tommy, this comment and the concept it brings up is very good and because of that, in the next day or so, I am going to start a new thread just on this subject and go into how I arrive at "new" moves or "concepts." I don't want to dilute this thread much further, and with a new thread we might get some participation from some of the more "silent" members.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thank you kindly Sir.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Half Smart (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL