The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..20~21~22 [Next]
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of seamagu
What I like about it:
Step 1 - the spec is mildly amused, probably presumes you have some kind of app or settings or something, as it does not really affect them emotionally they are not blown away (as yet!)

Step 2 - you unlock their phone. Now the spec has to wonder if you have the ability to delve into parts of their mind that they would rather keep hidden...scary...you've just given them a mental slap in the face Smile

I know how I would feel if someone could do that to me!!!
I love post its Smile
thementalist814
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of thementalist814
Well this really sucks. Seems like Apple is not approving it. It'd be up by now.
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
178 Posts

Profile of Salah AAZEDINE
Comon guys, the contest is not over yet !!!
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
178 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-12 13:24, thementalist814 wrote:
Well this really sucks. Seems like Apple is not approving it. It'd be up by now.

There is no reasons for our app to be rejected, apple policies has changed a lot. this project would not be possible 2 or 3 years ago but now its different. we will keep you updated Smile
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
714 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
A few weeks ago... my girlfriend and I got into a fight. Cell phones literally almost ripped a hole into our relationship. I wasn't entirely innocent - we couldn't sit down to a meal without either one of our phones buzzing and beeping throughout the entire dinner. But we literally are on these things AT LEAST 75% of the time we're around each other (okay - that might be a slight exaggeration - I DO actually ilke her). And, think about it....how many of you feel the same way. Actually pay attention and look how much time EVERYONE spends on their phones these days.

We bank on our phones.

We keep pictures of loved ones and momentos on our phones. (Some of which are private)

We text.

We tweet.

We Facebook.

We spend every waking moment on these things it seems sometimes.

Why is something like this so important to the art of magic? Honestly, to me, doesn't magic "break" that moment of normalcy everyday? When people may actually look away from their phones to see something spectacular?

And we've already touched base - its been said from the hills - there is nothing MORE PERSONAL than someones cell phone, If my girlfriend has been any example to me. BUT.... and theres a huge but here. If the magical act of KNOWING someones PIN code to get past their lock screen wasn't amazing enough - don't you think there would be a little bit of tension built up in the spectator? This person JUST UNLOCKED MY PHONE. He or she has now breached my security. How did they do it? Is it some kind of technology I should be aware of?! Am I being thieved from right now?

Wait... let me show you something. You can do this to.... it may be the only time something like this could ever work. Here....... take my phone. One by one.... guide your finger over the numbers and press down when you feel its right.

*unlock*

*smiles across their face*

All of that suspicion. All of that doubt. All of that worry..... is gone. They have just done what they saw YOU do moments before. So why is there a need for "How did you do that?!"

There isn't. Its gone...... this is now elevated past a trick. ESPECIALLY elevated past an "iPhone app trick"

This is a moment shared. A personal moment shared with what could be a complete stranger. When the magic man not only gave a moment of astonishment - but somehow has shown someone that not everything in this greedy, technologically dependent, thieving world is bad. We have calmed those fears. And it is something they will not forget for a long long time.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
714 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
And the above is exactly what the premise of this app has got me thinking about.

All of the justifications this app has in our society today. It couldn't be more relevant.

Hope this sees much success, guys. Best of luck!
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1386 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Quote:
On 2012-10-10 19:20, djdeenasty wrote:
Hi all, you' v been all waiting for this Smile, so here is the contest.

All you have to do, is tell us in detail what you like about the premise of the spectator unlocking your iPhone, then you unlocking the spectators iPhone.

The person with the best explanation will receive iUnlockYourMind App free.

Best regards,
Salah and Myke

The premise is a perfect way to understand the power of making connections (From the connections we make with important information in our lives, to the connections we make with each other). And that simply by removing and getting past barriers (that we put up) can and will lead to bigger and better things.

Nutshell: Barriers are needed to keep only the bad people out. Strong connections are made with the good people in your life to achieve greatness with you. And if we want to , we can easily see past any barriers, big or small, to make amazing things happen.

Do you know what the word "Connect" means? It means to bring together or into contact, so that a real or notional link is established...

Our lives are connected to many things. People, numbers, different item, places, activities etc.

With our world's child like fascination and excitement about intuitive business, technology and communication our ability to connect is lighting fast and easier than ever!

It is interesting to note how strong we connect with our smartphones and why.

Your cellphone is VERY amazing thing!

Your phone can instantly and simultaneously help you find, remember and recall important information, instantly connect with a close friend or family member (80% of the time with AT&T:)) or share literally any information you feel like sharing, when you want to share it! In all reality, right this minute, you could start your car, throw a karaoke party or buy a cup of coffee, all with your smartphone. Mostly our phones immediately connect us with the most important people in out lives when we need them most.

To let someone into your phone, is to let them into your heart and your life.

I mean, when you share pictures and music on your phone it is always with a trusted someone that you have a great relationship with. Usually someone you like.

It is the usually the most important thing I can on me and I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY. We protect them dearly as they have made our lives easier in a lot of ways haven't they?

But, we all have something even MORE amazing than that smartphones to be able to instantly connect and communicate with people and we have had it our whole lives.

It was where the smartphone was first born and that is your mind

Somewhere in that noodle, each and every one of us has an amazing imagination and a powerful ability to concentrate. With those two things we communicate information both verbally and non verbally and strongly connect with people and the world around us often. We are constantly sending and receiving unspoken thoughts all the time.

I don't know if you have ever noticed this but, the more time we spend connecting on the smartphone, is more time we spend practicing non verbally communicating. Believe it or not, we are functioning in a state of heightened focused awareness when gaze at the screen. We are e x e r c I s I n g the mind because we are reading!

Texts and emails are helping us to look more deeply into what is being 'said' forcing us to comprehend more effectively and establish deeper and better connections.

Your smartphone is a product of the human mind. Someone imagined a creation and produced it. Same with all the information it connects you to. It was all made up from pure thought from someone's mind.

Where your thoughts go energy flows... What you tell you phone to do something, your phone does that. Your mind is the same, what you tell your mind, is what you can (and sometimes 'can not right now') do.

What if I told you, that we all had the ability to send and receive selected thoughts, as quickly and as a clearly as a text message. Without the actually having to send that message...

Like our minds were 'linked' together, on the SAME network.

Lets connect.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1111 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Wow! What a great response from some great minds.

I think the question in this competition has forced us to really think, in detail about how much of us is actually imprinted on our mobile phones. In fact, you could say that it's like having a virtual subconscious mind, that we can tap in to and retrieve information we place there at any time we like.

What iUnlockYourMind will give you, is access to someones virtual subconscious mind.

Keep them coming Smile

Good thoughts
Myke
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
178 Posts

And the winner is ...
paulyjr
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of paulyjr
Performed it today at a wedding. Started as a one to one type effect, ended with a whole crowd of people.
The guy actually suggested the trick to me. While performing another effect he asked if I knew the pin code to his phone. I then proceeded to destroy them!
thementalist814
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

God, I want this so bad!! I hope I win.
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
178 Posts

Hi guys, we are so happy with your response that we have decided Not to limit the competition to just one winner. We want to offer the chance for you to become a beta tester and receive the App before its released. You will also gain access to our beta tester group page.

The 2 performers will be announced at 12pm GMT tomorrow.
thementalist814
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

I hope I'm one of them! If I am, I'll give it a field run with a few dozen spectators. I'll even record a few performances and give a review. This sounds like something I can use in my arsenal.
trancework
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of trancework
Quote:
On 2012-10-12 13:24, thementalist814 wrote:

Ha! At work, one of our interview questions for mobile developers is "How long does it take to get an app posted in the App Store?" The only acceptable answer is "way too long"!
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
178 Posts

Hi guys, we have one winner but are stuck on a decision for the second winner, therefor we will be posting the winners a little later than expected. Good luck guys
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
714 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Good luck to all. Definitely. This has been a thought provoking contest. I Love things like this.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
I'd rather keep this hidden and unavailable.
I don't want everyone doing this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rFbbuOettU&feature=youtu.be

The effect in the clip is my own, utilizing very real intuition and knowing,But now "mere mortals" will be able to do this too! Smile
xxx
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1111 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Congratulations to (Celebrity) Michael Murray for winning the chance to become a beta tester for iUnlockYourMind. The reason we have selected Michael, is because we believe that not only was his entry to the competition one that best describes what we like about the premise but also the real strength of iUnlockYourMind. Also, we feel that with his knowledge and brilliant thinking, he could help make iUnlockYourMind a much better product for you. That's why we want him on our team.

The 2nd winner of iUnlockYourMind goes to Angeloaces. Again, for the total understanding of premise and what the app is capable of.

We are very grateful to all the other performers who took the time and effort to write detailed explanations of what they liked about the premise. We are immensely grateful. So therefor, we would like to offer a future release of professional routines on a PDF file free.

Best
Myke & Salah
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
Smile
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I've had a run of bad luck lately and so you have no idea how happy this makes me!

A huge thank you to Myke and Salah for selecting me as a winner Smile

If your writing an ebook/PDF to go with this I'm more than positive that this app will recharge my creative batteries and I'd love to include my thoughts in there as a token of my appreciation. I know for sure that this will be a winner and a useful tool for the modern mentalist!

This will now give my thumbs a rest as I've been checking the App Store for this morning, noon and night!

Myke I've sent you a pm as I'm unsure on how to get the app as a beta tester ?

Best Wishes to all from a very happy Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL