The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21~22~23 [Next]
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1454 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
So if apple had accepted it would have been cheaper?
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1118 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
To all those who have shown their interest by pm or by email, could you shoot me another email please Smile at mykephillips@mac.com
I have got lost with all the interest and don't want to send out duplicate emails. I appreciate it as this is very time consuming.

We are ready to send these out by the end of the night. So need to be in contact with those who are going ahead.

Thank you for your time.
Myke
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7590 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Obviously a last ditch attempt at making a profit from this rejected app. I won't and hopefully many others will not be buying this at a highly inflated price. Very unscrupulous.
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1118 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Thanks guys, really appreciate the help. Now I'm back on track lol

Best
Myke
matt-g
View Profile
New user
Essex. England
79 Posts

Profile of matt-g
I but the bullet on this one and couldn't be happier with the purchase.
A lot of detail has gone into this app' and is definatly worth the money.

For a working pro this is not an app' it's an investment. I for one am happy that the price range would put off joe public from purchasing.
Too many app's have come out to the open market where ideally should have been kept low key.

Also bare in mind your not just purchasing an app' your purchasing an extremely strong workhorse that will get people talking and get you remembered.

The videos are good and the support service so far has been great.

I do not think the price should have been lowered as I can see the potential for anyone who purchases and uses this.
I'm going to be using this at tomorrow's show cannot wait to see the reactions.

I frickin' love it.
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
They want $300

Hahaha!
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
614 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
So you can tell them their passcode, but only after they enter it into your phone? You don't think a lot of spectators will draw the conclusion that you're using some piece of technology to do so? I think that's naive. And not worth $300. But good luck.
matt-g
View Profile
New user
Essex. England
79 Posts

Profile of matt-g
Gents put it into context, an app' was released where you sent someone an email they confirmed receipt but was not allowed to open it, you then ask them to think of a door number playing card etc, and when they open the email there's a photo of whatever was named.
An absolutely fantastic app and used by many regularly, however Copperfield came along and purchased the rights to the app' and paid us all off and we could no longer use it. Why ... Because he realised the potential in the effect and did not want lots of people performing it.
At $300 this is going to keep the amount of people using at minimum greatly reducing you turning up to a gig claiming to be able to create the impression of plucking thoughts from their head only to have them say 'oh my mate showed me this one on his phone'

Do I think they will assume that's it's the technology that's used to gain the info ... No not at all, this is not a case of they enter their pass code then you instantly do the same with them they can try many number code combinations and the whole performer premise completely takes it away from from what has previously been done.

Just because this is an app' people instantly associate it that it should be a cheap price but I cannot agree. The app is merely a platform, imagine you were purchasing this as an effect already on a device from your local dealer. Factor in the cost of an iPhone and your up to around $900 around 4 years ago a mobile phone was released where you could predict someone's pin number, date of birth etc and came out at around $1000 no one questioned that price either.

Look at things like Multi dimensional by promystic (another fantastic piece of kit) they choose one number on a dice you know it, again price is higher than this but people do not have an issue.

Why the hell I'm defending it I don't know the less of you that have it the better for me
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3450 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Unfortunately being an app making the price so high won't limit the number of people using the app it will just limit the number of people paying for the app. Piracy is rife on the iPhone and pretty much every single app in the app store is available to anyone with a jailbroken iPhone. At $300 a handful will buy it and hundreds will download it for free. A sad fact but an unfortunate reality in this digital age.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1118 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:
On 2012-11-11 04:56, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Unfortunately being an app making the price so high won't limit the number of people using the app it will just limit the number of people paying for the app. Piracy is rife on the iPhone and pretty much every single app in the app store is available to anyone with a jailbroken iPhone. At $300 a handful will buy it and hundreds will download it for free. A sad fact but an unfortunate reality in this digital age.


The route we have taken and the way it's distributed won't allow this to happen.

Best
Myke
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3450 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
We said the same when I worked at Sony as a game designer on the original playstation. The beta would not work on a standard playstation only a blue developers playstation. Copies of the beta were very tightly controlled and were digitally signed to the individual it was provided to and it also required a memory card with a private key encrypted to the individual copy in order for it to run. Despite all that the pirate version was available before we even released the game and this was something that sold for 34.99. The moment you put an app on someone's iPhone it's outside of your control and iPhone apps a far easier to crack than a playstation game. Sure the clientele on the Café is a little more trustworthy and discreet than the average app buyer and the desire to "spread" the software will be low in our community but the big software companies invest millions in copy protection and the best they have managed is to delay the pirates by a matter of weeks.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3151 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have found that when a phone is bought into play during an effect the spectators often think it is an app even when sometimes its not . I have genuinely made a prediction on my memo screen as never had a pen an paper , but after the reveal the spectator said very clever but must be some kind of app . Frustrating as wasnt even using one so people do suspect phones particularly I phones unfortunately . Having said all that I do like apps but don't think they can demand a price like a Promystic product imo . If people can break into the US defence security system they can definately copy an app .
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
704 Posts

Profile of carlwag
There may be two reasons for the large price tag , either to keep it out of the hands of the every tom dick and Harry which is a good thing or it could be the fact that the App Store has rejected this and they need to recoupe some money back which is not good .

Only my thoughts
paulyjr
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of paulyjr
Quote:
On 2012-11-10 21:04, Joe Roberts wrote:
So you can tell them their passcode, but only after they enter it into your phone? You don't think a lot of spectators will draw the conclusion that you're using some piece of technology to do so? I think that's naive. And not worth $300. But good luck.


So you don't think when someone writes down information on a piece of a paper and you do a centre tear or peak wallet that the spectator can backtrack. Unless the information is given there is no way to access information. Now who's being naive!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7590 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2012-11-11 06:42, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
We said the same when I worked at Sony as a game designer on the original playstation. The beta would not work on a standard playstation only a blue developers playstation. Copies of the beta were very tightly controlled and were digitally signed to the individual it was provided to and it also required a memory card with a private key encrypted to the individual copy in order for it to run. Despite all that the pirate version was available before we even released the game and this was something that sold for 34.99. The moment you put an app on someone's iPhone it's outside of your control and iPhone apps a far easier to crack than a playstation game. Sure the clientele on the Café is a little more trustworthy and discreet than the average app buyer and the desire to "spread" the software will be low in our community but the big software companies invest millions in copy protection and the best they have managed is to delay the pirates by a matter of weeks.


My thoughts exactly. I was offered this at 300 bucks, and I could be anyone. This will end up as a pirate via Cydia, and anyone paying the full price now will feel that they have been robbed. Ill wait until it becomes a sale item in a few weeks.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2700 Posts

Profile of lunatik
This app cannot be compared to any Promystic product. I can perform multidimensional in another room without ever seeing/touching the cube again once it's been given to the spectator. AND they are not thinking electronics/technology when they handle my rubicks cube, with the iPhone the chances are ASTRONOMICALLY *sp* increased! I've paid $50 for an app from max Krause and it was worth it at that price point. Plus in comparison to this app, the chances of them thinking somethig is amiss is a lot lower. I can't see the justification in a $300 app at this point in time, there isn't anything THAT amazing out and I doubt there ever will be. Just my .02...
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1352 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Wow $300 dollars. Kind of annoyed I bothered following this thread. I heard $16.99. Presumeably the app hasnt got 20 times as good?

Anyone who thinks that at least some spectators wont think an app is involved are deluding themselves. Ignore how smart the general public are at your peril.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7590 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Don't worry. It will be available to all and sundry in a matter of weeks. If not sooner.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
614 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On 2012-11-11 08:57, paulyjr wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-10 21:04, Joe Roberts wrote:
So you can tell them their passcode, but only after they enter it into your phone? You don't think a lot of spectators will draw the conclusion that you're using some piece of technology to do so? I think that's naive. And not worth $300. But good luck.


So you don't think when someone writes down information on a piece of a paper and you do a centre tear or peak wallet that the spectator can backtrack. Unless the information is given there is no way to access information. Now who's being naive!


With the right justification and proper technique, no a spectator can't backtrack a centre tear or peak wallet. This is because paper and pencil are technologies they have a firm grasp on. They "know" you can't read the information without looking at it. And if done properly they'll feel you never looked at it.

An app is different. As soon as they enter the information in your phone they can always say it was "technolgoy" that read, transmitted, or broadcasted the information. There's a reason why the electronic clipboards are designed to look like a normal pad of paper, because if they think they're writing on something electronic the effect is vastly diminished.
paulyjr
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of paulyjr
Quote:
On 2012-11-11 14:35, Joe Roberts wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-11 08:57, paulyjr wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-10 21:04, Joe Roberts wrote:
So you can tell them their passcode, but only after they enter it into your phone? You don't think a lot of spectators will draw the conclusion that you're using some piece of technology to do so? I think that's naive. And not worth $300. But good luck.


So you don't think when someone writes down information on a piece of a paper and you do a centre tear or peak wallet that the spectator can backtrack. Unless the information is given there is no way to access information. Now who's being naive!


With the right justification and proper technique, no a spectator can't backtrack a centre tear or peak wallet. This is because paper and pencil are technologies they have a firm grasp on. They "know" you can't read the information without looking at it. And if done properly they'll feel you never looked at it.

An app is different. As soon as they enter the information in your phone they can always say it was "technolgoy" that read, transmitted, or broadcasted the information. There's a reason why the electronic clipboards are designed to look like a normal pad of paper, because if they think they're writing on something electronic the effect is vastly diminished.

The same argument you just gave applies to the app.
It's great I've used it. And many top performers in London have just bought it, love it and use it. You're entitled to your opinion. Don't buy it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL