The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..20~21~22 [Next]
Jpovey
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Jpovey
A video demo would be great, as so far all anyone has seen is the teaser trailer thingy.. So this might help people know a bit more about you and the effect.

Myke, I'm in town Friday evening, if you wanted could meet you at the cave?? Would be great to see this in the flesh!
For a while Houdini used alot of trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage!
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1111 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:
On 2012-11-13 12:13, Jpovey wrote:
A video demo would be great, as so far all anyone has seen is the teaser trailer thingy.. So this might help people know a bit more about you and the effect.

Myke, I'm in town Friday evening, if you wanted could meet you at the cave?? Would be great to see this in the flesh!

No problem Jamie.

Myke
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1344 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Sorry myke. Re-read my comments and they sounded a lotharsher than I meant. I'm sure after a lot of work and no doubt money being invested - Apple being idiots is the last thing you need. Apologies, and best of luck with this in the future. Current price is a bit high for me, but I still think it sounds good.

Paul
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Video demo would be excellent and factor into purchasing decision!

Regards,
Mike
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1111 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:
On 2012-11-13 12:30, Paul S Wingham wrote:
Sorry myke. Re-read my comments and they sounded a lotharsher than I meant. I'm sure after a lot of work and no doubt money being invested - Apple being idiots is the last thing you need. Apologies, and best of luck with this in the future. Current price is a bit high for me, but I still think it sounds good.

Paul

Now that is what you call a stand up guy. Thank you Paul.

A lot of time and money HAS gone into this project and it did start out with the intention of being the best utility app available to all performers. Apple just blew our plans out of the water. :

It is a utility app for Mentalists and Magicians. It is progressing every day and will continue to do so. Those that have it now, are happy and will love what we have planed for future updates.

Some have said that this is the best mentalism "effect" they have purchased this year.

Best
Myke
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Quote:
On 2012-11-11 04:02, matt-g wrote:
Gents put it into context, an app' was released where you sent someone an email they confirmed receipt but was not allowed to open it, you then ask them to think of a door number playing card etc, and when they open the email there's a photo of whatever was named.
An absolutely fantastic app and used by many regularly, however Copperfield came along and purchased the rights to the app' and paid us all off and we could no longer use it. Why ... Because he realised the potential in the effect and did not want lots of people performing it.
At $300 this is going to keep the amount of people using at minimum greatly reducing you turning up to a gig claiming to be able to create the impression of plucking thoughts from their head only to have them say 'oh my mate showed me this one on his phone'

Do I think they will assume that's it's the technology that's used to gain the info ... No not at all, this is not a case of they enter their pass code then you instantly do the same with them they can try many number code combinations and the whole performer premise completely takes it away from from what has previously been done.

Just because this is an app' people instantly associate it that it should be a cheap price but I cannot agree. The app is merely a platform, imagine you were purchasing this as an effect already on a device from your local dealer. Factor in the cost of an iPhone and your up to around $900 around 4 years ago a mobile phone was released where you could predict someone's pin number, date of birth etc and came out at around $1000 no one questioned that price either.

Look at things like Multi dimensional by promystic (another fantastic piece of kit) they choose one number on a dice you know it, again price is higher than this but people do not have an issue.

Why the hell I'm defending it I don't know the less of you that have it the better for me

I am good friends with one of the guys who had a hand in making the app the copperfiled paid so much money for.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.bigguysmagic.com -The Best Magic Shop
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1344 Posts

Fingers crossed on an appeal if you put one in. Sounds like apple are a bit inconsistent as far as decisions are concerned!
paulmartinmagic
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of paulmartinmagic
I recently bought this app from Myke at the full price and its worth every penny! personally after seeing this performed I went out of my way to get it. I've been reading some of the threads and cant believe the time wasters on here.

This is a professional app. I am a professional magician and have nothing but praise for it. its not cheap but it gets fantastic reactions and its worth the price tag. if you don't want to buy it then don't, go back to your bedrooms and play with whatever it is you like playing with.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1344 Posts

Fingers crossed on an appeal if you put one in. Sounds like apple are a bit inconsistent as far as decisions are concerned!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2699 Posts

Profile of lunatik
A (professional) app? Ummmk!! It won't matter if apple approves it, myke has set the price super high and cant lower it as it will make the purchasers of it at $300 very mad! And Myke, you haven't addressed my points in my previous post, please do! Most everyone wants to know
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1111 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:

On 2012-11-13 10:32, lunatik wrote:
So to show him how it's worth the price, are you going to show him how it was made 10x's better?

Yes!

Quote:

You have to admit that the 'out if nowhere' astronomical rise in price due to apple declining it is what has most everyone po'd.

Don't get PO'd with me I didn't reject it, apple did. Break their balls not mine. It's limited and you will get continued support in a secret group as well as an upgrade to the pro version with some amazing features.

Quote:
If they did approve it, the price would barely be above what you originally quoted.

You're right, not much more but definitely more.

Quote:

And to be fair, any upcoming apps from you should all be in the $300 ballpark to remain consistent.

No plans to release another app this was extremely hard work, months of writing, testing, ideas. Salah and I worked on this every single day to make it what it is today and we are still working to make it better.

Best
Myke
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2699 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Thanks for the reply, don't let this stop you from developing other apps, just price them a bit cheaper next time and I think everyone will be happy! Take care
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7527 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2012-11-13 15:26, paulmartinmagic wrote:
I recently bought this app from Myke at the full price and its worth every penny! personally after seeing this performed I went out of my way to get it. I've been reading some of the threads and cant believe the time wasters on here.

This is a professional app. I am a professional magician and have nothing but praise for it. its not cheap but it gets fantastic reactions and its worth the price tag. if you don't want to buy it then don't, go back to your bedrooms and play with whatever it is you like playing with.

I suggest you go back to your bedroom, mouth almighty. If you think anyone here is going to listen to you then think again. Congrats on your second post.
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1111 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:
On 2012-11-13 17:15, lunatik wrote:
Thanks for the reply, don't let this stop you from developing other apps, just price them a bit cheaper next time and I think everyone will be happy! Take care

Lol

Myke
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1111 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Here is one of the studio videos that we shot. It's not the basic effect for the app but its here for your entertainment and pleasure.

This is not for promotional purposes as it doesn't show the full potential of the app.

I'll post another video tomorrow. Nite all, I have to milk the horse and then hit the hay.

http://vimeo.com/paulroffman/imemo

Enjoy!
Myke
RichOrvec
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of RichOrvec
It says password required...
paulyjr
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of paulyjr
The password is : thanks
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of rasp
So to achieve a very basic effect (and in my 'humble' opinion, a very boring one), we are being asked to pay $300.

I find it hard to believe that top professionals are saying this is the best app ever.

All I saw was a very expensive Pass code screen that activates after a time delay, coupled with the ability to store numbers that a spectator enters for pre show work.

Add a 'one ahead principle' in this video......and 'out to lunch' in the second video I have watched. Come on guys THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!

Greg Rostami, Max Krause and Craig Filicetti are in a class of their own!!!!!
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1111 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:
On 2012-11-13 21:18, rasp wrote:
So to achieve a very basic effect (and in my 'humble' opinion, a very boring one), we are being asked to pay $300.

I find it hard to believe that top professionals are saying this is the best app ever.

All I saw was a very expensive Pass code screen that activates after a time delay, coupled with the ability to store numbers that a spectator enters for pre show work.

Add a 'one ahead principle' in this video......and 'out to lunch' in the second video I have watched. Come on guys THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!

Greg Rostami, Max Krause and Craig Filicetti are in a class of their own!!!!!

Thank you for your kind words RASP Smile

These effects are additional ideas and not the crux of the app. We have made enough sales to not promote this any more, so we will not be submitting the video that is the heart of our app. This was purely for you're entertainment....or not lol

That is my style of performing and if you don't like it... That's ok! I'll try not to go Into a state of depression lol. I don't do hippity hoppity rabbits and I don't make ballon animals, I hate performing for children even though I have 3 beautiful BRATS of my own.

Whether you believe it or not I don't care, top pro's do have this, guys like Paul Martin and Jamie Raven who work most days at high fees. they did certainly pay $300 and they have said that this is the best app. I didn't jump on top of them and demand they say this.

No time delay method involved as this wouldn't make sense or be possible in the routines and actually if that was the method, it wouldn't be practical in a real performance situation. ' you could definitely do it in your bedroom that way'

I agree Greg Rostami, Max Krause and Craig Filicetti do have great apps, buy theirs no problem it won't effect my life.

About the price tag, I know you will never be able to "gRASP" the fact that its a whole package with pro app on its way and support. I may throw in some free future releases too for the guys in the group.

Myke
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7527 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2012-11-13 20:00, paulyjr wrote:
The password is : thanks

Can someone confirm the password? Please.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL