The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..21~22~23 [Next]
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I don't get it , if you think it's too high of a price or its not for you don't buy it .

Carl
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
I have performed this as pre show to glean someones bank PIN for a good 20+ performances. On each occasion the participant has begged me to explain how it was done after the show. A couple of people have followed up with emails after the fact... so you're all right... this is way too easy for the spectator to backtrack...

Paul R - Hysterical indeed

James Brown
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
I actually think the app is interesting and I don't think $300 is an unfair price. I don't think it's best used for a "type this very specific piece of information into my phone and I'll reveal it at a later point," as some people are using it for. But that's their prerogative.

I was only commenting on what I consider to be a strange phenomenon -- that of paying for something then coming here to willfully destroy what you've paid for. The app was going to be a $15 app, then the price went to $300 -- but the increased price meant you were paying for exclusivity. It would be as if you paid a very high price for a painting from an artist, knowing that the high price was worth it because it would mean he's painting very few pieces and what you have would be rare... and then you go on the internet and encourage strangers to have him paint for them, flooding the art market with his work. It's not super logical.

So I'm left with a few options in regards to what I can think about the people behind these reviews.

1. They just have such kind hearts they don't mind undermining the exclusivity that they paid for.
2. They're shills.
3. They're too dumb to understand that with every additional one sold the value of what you paid for goes down.
4. They feel suckered, and like many people after they've been scammed, they don't want to feel alone.

I'm going to go with number one. Because I prefer to think of things that way.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
173 posts 170 negative say no more
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On 2012-11-17 10:33, carlwag wrote:
173 posts 170 negative say no more

mmhmmm.... well, except for the fact that if you look at my posts in the last 30 days they are in support of Real Secrets, The Cooler, David Stone, etc.. The only product I posted negatively on was this one, and I've even come around on that to some extent.

So... let's see... you just lied about my posting history in order to discredit my position. That is certainly the action of someone who is "not connected to the product in any way." (wink, wink)
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
The guys who make this app I have never even met them only spoke via email and that was after I purchased it , Joe the comment was only tongue in cheek !

It's just I remember you one arguing about a Paul brook effect that couldn't be examined which you had a fair point but the fact was you didn't even own it as per iunlockyourmind , I understand your concerns over the large price so don't buy it and there is no need to continue on this thread is there .

If I offended you Joe I'm sorry and I apologise for that , I don't want to get into a argument over this but your insinuations that I have something to do with this app is total rubbish .

Regards carl
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Apology accepted! And no offense taken. (but you're wrong, I did own the Paul Brook effect I had an issue with. Not sure where you got the idea I didn't.)

I have no issues with the price of this app. I actually have no issue with the app at all. I certainly hope people enjoy it and feel it's worth the investment.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Sorry again Joe I thought Paul has stated you didn't own it .

Have a good weekend

Carl
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
I am sick and fed up with the constant insinuation that I would even have the audacity to ask someone to post fake positive reviews for me.

I have never met anyone who has bought iUnlockYourMind except for one gentleman who I don't know if he wants me to say his name here. And even though I know him, he has not posted to say anything positive about my app for me. Also, we have a secret Facebook group, I have never asked anyone to come here and post their thoughts. Anyone who knows me, knows that I would never do that. Next you'll be asking for me to provide receipts to prove the people that posted on here did actually purchase the app.

There are a few performers that have expressed to me how happy they are via email but have not done so here. This could be for the reason you pointed out Joe.

All I'm saying is, anyone who comes on here saying such things.. You are out of order to even think I would do that.

Then there are some that do want to say something. They probably want our group to get bigger so they can chat about their experiences, ideas and tips.

Read JPovey's previous posts about iUnlockYourMind, then read what he said after we briefly met in London.

kindest Regards
Myke
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Myke,

I completely understand. I got lost in the rabbit-hole of what I felt was a logical inconsistency, and I can get carried away with stuff like that, but that's all my posts were referencing. I don't doubt you have many satisfied customers.

good luck with this and take care.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I have a question that may be a dumb one, I'll let you all decide.

If the app is not available through Apple, how does one get it onto ones iPhone?

Steve
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2012-11-17 12:05, Stephen Young wrote:

If the app is not available through Apple, how does one get it onto ones iPhone?

Steve

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/how......hone.htm
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
177 Posts

Profile of Salah AAZEDINE
Quote:
On 2012-11-17 12:17, Magicsquared wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-17 12:05, Stephen Young wrote:

Steve

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/how......hone.htm

we are using over the air distribution, no jailbreak required.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Doesn't apple have a 100 device limit on ota distribution? Do you have some way around that or is there a limit on the number being sold? Is there any concern about apple finding out you're using it for a finalized app and not beta testing and shutting the whole thing down?
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Yes, we are limited to 100 Devices only, and this method is used by most developers in the Café to distribute in house as well as private apps. We have no worries about distributing this way. I'm sure that someone on this thread will try their hardest to spoil this for everyone. Even if you try, it's not gonna happen and shame one you for trying to do this to a your fellow performers.

I can understand some are unhappy and upset about the way this has gone, if I could have done it the other way, I would have. I am just another performer that has created something very special to further our art and all some of you want to do is suggest things and frighten me. Shame on you, and everyone who can read these people doing this should say something to these guys. I don't want to hate this place but there are some on here that are really negative and really shallow and make you feel what's the point. You think I want to get rich doing this, not at all, if I could give it to you for free and I thought you would appreciate it, then I would. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not in it for the money.

The fact is, I have worked on this every single day for months, writing, testing, ideas. I nearly lost my wife and kids because I was so obsessed with this project. All this to have apple reject it and now what? You want to have this taken from me. You guys really have no idea how badly I wanted you to have this app.

Shame on you all.

I'm done!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Myke, Im in full support of your app, of this thread and of your woes. We've all been through it but posts like your previous do not help the matter. For me, you have just lost your credibility. Mellow Drama is not cool. Just rise above it. There are forums on the net absolutely slamming me and my magic. I've never let it get me down and equally, ive never shown that its upset me. Your personal home problems are sad to hear but arnt meant for a public forum. If creating a magic app is having that much of an impact on your immediate life then just don't do it! soo not worth your health and your families health. Professionalism is always key ive learnt. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and they are entitled to twist the knife. Its part of producing magic and in the same way that celebs who put themselves in the limelight deal with the bad side of what they do, we sadly have to do the same.

I mean this with the upmost respect but I don't feel that your post helped you at all. I think you came across as a lovely chilled guy with great ideas and a passion for what he was doing. I hope I can continue my thoughts of you and your awesome app!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2012-11-17 18:24, mykephillips wrote:
Yes, we are limited to 100 Devices only, and this method is used by most developers in the Café to distribute in house as well as private apps. We have no worries about distributing this way. I'm sure that someone on this thread will try their hardest to spoil this for everyone. Even if you try, it's not gonna happen and shame one you for trying to do this to a your fellow performers.

I can understand some are unhappy and upset about the way this has gone, if I could have done it the other way, I would have. I am just another performer that has created something very special to further our art and all some of you want to do is suggest things and frighten me. Shame on you, and everyone who can read these people doing this should say something to these guys. I don't want to hate this place but there are some on here that are really negative and really shallow and make you feel what's the point. You think I want to get rich doing this, not at all, if I could give it to you for free and I thought you would appreciate it, then I would. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not in it for the money.

The fact is, I have worked on this every single day for months, writing, testing, ideas. I nearly lost my wife and kids because I was so obsessed with this project. All this to have apple reject it and now what? You want to have this taken from me. You guys really have no idea how badly I wanted you to have this app.

Shame on you all.

I'm done!

Was that tirade directed at me?

I was asking what I think are very relevant questions for someone considering spending $300 on a magic app. I'm not trying to take anything away from you. I wish you only luck with this. And I'm sorry that your plans didn't work out for real distribution via Apple.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
100 devices at $300 for a few months work.......$30,000!!!!! my wife would be over the moon ........
don't get disheartened
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:
On 2012-11-17 19:27, rasp wrote:
100 devices at $300 for a few months work.......$30,000!!!!! my wife would be over the moon ........
don't get disheartened

Lol, no we don't have that many lol

Thank you Rasp

Best
Myke
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Mellow dramatic, me? Never! lol

Loose my credibility? now that is funny lol

Did I mention, I'm gay and sterile.. Hehe!

Seriously though, I'm still very excited about this app.

Oh! I can't take this s%#t anymore it's depressing me lol

Don't worry! Myke will be back tomorrow when he gets back from the looney farm.

F#*k , I think I just lost my credibility again, ***!

Peace out
Myke

Ps
Just wanted to add that, I don't think you read that how I wanted you to read it. Lost in translation me thinks Smile

Best of luck to each and every single one of you wonderful people.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL