The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..20~21~22 [Next]
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1104 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
I feel like doing something very generous now!

Mmmmmmmm!
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1104 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Listen guys, I didn't want you to feel sorry for me. I just think that if I want to sit in my own house, flick playing cards, tear little billets and drop them on the floor, sit at the computer all day writing and checking posts on the boggie website, playing on my mobile phone, making sponge bunnies multiply. I can, and I will, and if my wife doesn't like it, she can get the f#*k out and take the kids with her.

Now, the other day I went to the doctor and he said that I needed to have an operation on my hands. I said, doctor... after the operation, will I be able to do the erdnase shift? He replied, yes! Great! I said, because I couldn't do it before. Hehehe!

Life's a laugh isn't it?

kindest Regards
Myke
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1227 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Go home, Myke. You're drunk.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3307 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Myke I know some of the posts feel like a kick in the teeth but in reality they are a back handed compliment. Such is the buzz that your app created that the disappointment felt now it is out of the reach of many of us is crushing. I for one was really looking forward to this app and I'm gutted that it is now out of my reach. When I was a working pro this would have been a no brainer and tax deductible too. But alas these days I am a lone parent raising 3 kids on my own and so I can't justify spending $300 on an effect this close to my sons 10th birthday and with Christmas on the way. But you have to do what you have to do and I wish you nothing but success with your app. Take pride in the fact that you have created something that people think is worthy of getting bent out of shape over. Those of us that won't get to perform this effect will get over it and life will go on. All the best and don't let the buggers grind you down.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Bietfriek
View Profile
Elite user
Tilburg, The Netherlands
439 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Same for me....
I was waiting for this app for a pretty long time (since it's announced). I've already bought some apps (non magic) in the price range of $ 50,00. Still I think it's a lot of money for an app.
I don't perform magic for a living so the price tag of $ 300,00 is too steep for me. But it's the choice of the developers to make a decision about this.
Personally I was a bit disappointed BUT there are more worse/important things in life (c'mon guy's it's an app!)

About credibility and trust...I only have one advice. Do what you say, say what you're going to do. If you follow that simple rule nobody can complain and they can follow your actions.
If the first price was not named everything would be fine, but right now people have something to discuss (and they will!)

Good luck with this (i presume) great app! Maybe one day I will be able to purchase it, if not there are many other effects which I can use Smile
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1104 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:
On 2012-11-17 21:26, Magicsquared wrote:
Go home, Myke. You're drunk.

Im at home Lol

Myke
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1104 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
For the next 24hrs anyone who emails me at mykephillips@mac.com I will send you a free effect at the end of the 24hrs.

This, I feel is the right thing to do for you guys on here that wanted iUnlockYourMind but can't have it.

Best
Myke
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
704 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Do the masses get this too
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Hi Myke. I won't take you up on your generous offer.
Because I don't think it's something you have any obligation to do.

I was really looking forward to this app when we discussed it earlier.
The fact the release plan was buggereed up by Apple and things had to change was just one of those things. S**t happens.

Unfortunately my finances don't stretch to this now.
If things change before the 100 are sold I will be in touch. If I'm too late. Just my hard luck.

I think it's very easy to throw stones and criticisms around.
Not so easy to be the one fielding them.

Good luck with this, and any other things you choose to release in the future (if you havent been put off already)

Steve
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1104 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that we still have a fare few Apps still available for sale. If anyone is interested, shoot an email to mykephillips@mac.com.

We have added some new and exciting features to this already amazing App.

Best
Myke
vinnymac
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of vinnymac
I'm coming into this late in the game and haven't read all 10 pages of posts... but here's a thought... why not develop it for Android? Android has a much larger share of the smartphone market now (the last I saw, 68% of all smartphones run Android), so you'll reach a larger potential market, and it isn't nearly as difficult to get Android apps approved for the Google Play store as it is for the Apple Store. I'm not an app developer, but I have an Android phone, and the apps that I see getting approved in the Google Play store is sometimes shocking... nearly anything goes.
It might be more difficult to develop and test of course, but I just wanted to throw the thought out there. Cheers.
Joe Momma
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Joe Momma
Someone did this on my missus at a magic convention.

She worked it out in about 5 seconds.

Just sayin'
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1104 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 14:13, vinnymac wrote:
I'm coming into this late in the game and haven't read all 10 pages of posts... but here's a thought... why not develop it for Android? Android has a much larger share of the smartphone market now (the last I saw, 68% of all smartphones run Android), so you'll reach a larger potential market, and it isn't nearly as difficult to get Android apps approved for the Google Play store as it is for the Apple Store. I'm not an app developer, but I have an Android phone, and the apps that I see getting approved in the Google Play store is sometimes shocking... nearly anything goes.
It might be more difficult to develop and test of course, but I just wanted to throw the thought out there. Cheers.

Thank you Vinnymac, I'll look into that my friend.

Best
Myke
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1104 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 14:33, Joe Momma wrote:

Just sayin'

Tell Mrs Momma, I'll give her a £1 for working it out Smile. But I bet if I gave her a £1 for every trick of yours she worked out, but didn't tell you, she would be a rich women!! Lol

Jokes aside, honestly, I know most here are not stupid and know that it was most likely a poor, or first performance of iUnlockYourMind. You can't blame the tools.

Just saying!

Thanks Joe for you encouraging post, I really appreciate it.

Regards
Myke
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Hey Joe, maybe you could start a new magic act with the saying "Just sayin'" Think about it, you would be one of the 4 million magicians that uses that worn out phrase. You could just say it over and over again. Do a trick and in a high pitched irritating voice scream "Just sayin'!" I think you would be way more successful than you are now.
James

Quote:

Just sayin'
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7189 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Look I'm just sayin but, the android market would have been the avenue I would have gone down in the first place, for the simple reason that vinnymac pointed out. And that percentage will only increase IMO. Just sayin. And quite right android / google are far more liberal when it comes to app testing.
Joe Momma
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Joe Momma
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 15:36, mykephillips wrote:
Quote:

Just sayin'

Tell Mrs Momma, I'll give her a £1 for working it out Smile.

You want her paypal?

Thing is, it was a well known pro that showed her.

It's just not that hard to work out, is it?

"type in your PIN"

few minutes pass

"was your PIN 8716"?

wow!
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1104 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Well, that's not how it should be performed Joe! Just saying!

Myke
Joe Momma
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Joe Momma
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 07:10, mykephillips wrote:

Myke

Oh right. So they don't enter their PIN and then get told what their PIN was. No wonder she worked it out so quickly!
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1104 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 07:47, Joe Momma wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 07:10, mykephillips wrote:

Myke

Oh right. So they don't enter their PIN and then get told what their PIN was. No wonder she worked it out so quickly!

Nope!

I bet you told her she was right?

Good thoughts
Myke
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IUnlockYourMind (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL